Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

parisis
Topic Author

Completly happy - Fingers Crossed

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Well , I almost did not buy this thing due to some of the complaints I read on this forum. I must be blessed. Right out of the box I immediately upgraded firmware to 1.5 and connected with Belkin Wireless N, Verizon DSL (@3.2 KB/sec).

I have a constant 4 dot signal and the picture is good quality on my 47in RPTV. It has dropped twice in 2 weeks but each time it was the DSL and a restart of the Verizon modem brought it right back. All in all I am completely happy.

If you have not upgraded firmware, do it right away. I think Netflix and Roku had some growing pains and 1.5 fixed a lot of them . I only expect it to get better , especially if Roku expands the service.

wideasleep1

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Yep..MANY of us are VERY HAPPY with our $99 boxes...I get tremendous value from it, and like you, it has been bulletproof. Any issue I've had was on the Netflix side. :)
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

spumoni

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Add me to the list. Excellent product, excellent value... I am very happy with my Roku box.

QuantumIguana

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:18 am

The vast majority of Roku box owners are happy with it, and don't bother to come here to post about it.

Bron

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Quite so! Remember, most people come to forums looking for solutions to problems, so it's not an accurate reflection of overall satisfaction. I'd venture to say that 99% of all Roku owners are very happy with the service. I'm down right ecstatic, myself!

It's just an awesome unit and an unbelievable value. It will pay for itself easily, in my case. The fact that they have enabled HD so quickly is also very impressive to me. And more good stuff is on the way.

I've recommended the unit to lots of folks and everyone who has gotten one loves it.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! ;)