Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ccomley
Topic Author

DigiVidplayer -what *is* it?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:48 am

Sorry if this is FAQ but

1) Is this a video player capable of talking to a local media streamer (e.d. Mediabolic) or is it ONLY capable of linking to the commercial internet sources named in the advert.

2) Is it based on a "common" chip? I bought a Zyxel DMA1000 and it works ut has a few snags so I bought a <whitebox> similar unit - only to find that it's based on the SAME base chip/system and therefore has the same snags.

3) Is it only for video or can it also stream music/radio like the Soundbridges?

Oh and

4) Does it have a reliable PSU?

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 pm

It does what the ads. say. No more, no less.

dupondt

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:38 am

Hi ccomley,

1) Is this a video player capable of talking to a local media streamer (e.d. Mediabolic)

No.

or is it ONLY capable of linking to the commercial internet sources named in the advert.

Yes.

2) Is it based on a "common" chip?

Yes, Roku use NXP's PNX8935 (http://www.nxp.com/applications/set_top_box/ip_stb/stb225/).

3) Is it only for video

Yes.

or can it also stream music/radio like the Soundbridge

No.

4) Does it have a reliable PSU

It has an external PSU, so chances are that it's more reliable than the crappy stuff in the R1000. And even if it fails, you can easily buy a new PSU.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

billc124

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 am

The only thing I would add for number 1 and 3 is that it doesn't do this yet. Once the SDK comes out, it could do both those things.