Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Won't scan network

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:56 pm

voxsolace wrote:

How old is your machine? I've tried this several times with no luck and I purchased it in November 2008. I've been without wireless since mid-April and would love to know if there's a different way to do this if your machine was originally the "netflix player by roku".

The original Netflix Player and the current HD model are exactly the same.

swtbobby

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 am

I posted this fix in another thread with the same issue and it didn't work for him either. Not sure what the secret is.

This is what I wrote in that thread:
Hmmm - before I did that I also restored to factory default, but I didn't think that would make a difference. So if you didn't try restoring to the factory default I would try that also. I would also try doing a hard reset then waiting 10 seconds and doing a hard reset again. If that doesn't work I would try again and make sure you push the button in and make sure you keep pushing it on. If it doesn't happen in 30-60 seconds it won't happen. Sorry it didn't work for you. I must it admit I was kind of amazed it worked for me.

I got the info from this thread (third post down):
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... ccbceb0316

It did work for me but the only step I did was push in the hard reset button and make sure it stays pushed in.

zerrothehood

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 pm

yeah, this happened once before to me and then it solved itself. But now it is the blank screen of death for wireless. I don't think it has to do with a power outrages. I can connect with a cable. I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with routers. I live in a place with lots of wireless access. It found them all before, I would wager a bet that that update put a ghost in the machine

Z

Gaddiel

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 pm

My in-laws are having the exact same problem with their Roku. No wireless access points shown on the screen. The "Not Shown" option does not show, either. Seems to have happened after unplugging the power to the box for a few days.

We have tried all of the suggestions given in these forums, with no success. Never really could confirm that the firmware was resetting to factory defaults, even though we held in the reset button for about two minutes. We also tried unplugging the power for a few minutes immediately after the reset.

Would love to hear from some Roku personnel on this issue. Any other things to try from users? We're about ready to trash the box, as a wired connection is not practical for us.

skarmio

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Same problem for me as many other posters - after power outage no longer shows any wireless networks. Have no "not shown" option. All my other wireless devices are working fine including roku soundbridge. Reset or reboot didn't help.

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 pm

You almost certainly have the all 0's wireless MAC address issue. Go into Settings and then Player Info and see what it says next to Wireless MAC address. If it's all 0's, call Roku support and tell them you have the well known all 0's wireless MAC address issue.

-JT