Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

markwill
Topic Author

Real time(ish) news

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Does anyone know any way to watch near-time (or even live) news channels over the Roku box? I see, for example, references to CBS news but I'm really struggling to think who would watch the news from two days ago :-)

Thanks.

Mark

billc124

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Don't think there is a way. Why watch CBS news over the internet anyway, it is free OTA. Or are you talking about something that requires you to have cable TV?

KennyJ

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:40 pm

It's be cool to have an NPR channel that had a live news feed (they have this on their website). Of course, that's audio only.

Do any news site do a 24/hr live video feed?

markwill
Topic Author

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 pm

billc124 wrote:
Don't think there is a way. Why watch CBS news over the internet anyway, it is free OTA. Or are you talking about something that requires you to have cable TV?

Yeah, perhaps CBS wasn't the best example (for the reason you state). I guess I'm just looking for news in general and wondered what was out there...

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

markwill wrote:
billc124 wrote:

Yeah, perhaps CBS wasn't the best example (for the reason you state). I guess I'm just looking for news in general and wondered what was out there...

Mediafly has some CNN content that seems to be kept pretty current.

pbnj

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:03 pm

mediafly has lots of news content, some of it is buggy and they are working out the kinks.

Usually within a couple hours after broadcast you can watch NBC nightly news (one of the buggy ones) and quite a bit of other near-same-day content is avail from NBC/Universal/Comcast.

Additionally there is plenty of CNN's more indepth stuff such as amanpour as well as their daily morning podcasts and such.