Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JohnZ
Topic Author

Updating twitv

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:28 am

I am wondering when twitv is updated or when do the newest programs appear. Is is updated automatically or do I have to do something to force it to update? I noticed that some of the programs say they come out every certain day of the week but some of them have the latest program date of Nov. 20th etc. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

KennyJ

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 am

You shouldn't have to do anything. From listening to Leo, it sounds like they're trying to cranks out the video as quickly as possible -- but it also sounds like it was harder than they expected.

Do you see videos posted on their website that aren't on the Roku yet?

RainOrShine

not seeing any new TWiT episodes since 12/2

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi all,
I am new to the Roku family, I just hooked up the box about a week or so ago and my main interest is in the TWiT videos, TWiG, MacBreak Weekly, Windows Weekly, etc....

I was so excited to see my first TWiT on TV, it was the one with sci-fi author Jerry Pournelle, so excellent and fun (November 29)! (no new ones since then however!)

I have sampled a few of the other shows and episodes, but I am not seeing NEW shows.

For example, the last TWiG on my Roku is November 21; two episodes have been made since then.

Does anyone know how the Roku gets updated content?
Is it pushed out daily? Weekly? Haphazardly? Rarely?
Do I need to "do something" to make it "call out" and get the newer shows?

Any help is appreciated, and I do realize this is all new and shiny and may not be "a perfect science" yet; and the issue may also be with MediaFly and not Roku, so, as I said, any info would be appreciated!

bye for now,
RainOrShine

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Updates and new programs come directly from the content providers. It just appears when they add it.

KennyJ

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:40 pm

I just saw they added TWiT #224 to the Roku

RainOrShine

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 am

Hi KennyJ, I now have that TWiT episode, too... BUT I HAVE NO TWiGS since Nov 22 !!!!!!

What the heck is going on here!?!

I expected more timely distribution of content.

I have a fuzzy idea of how the shows get fed to the Roku box, but I wish someone could post more details on the distribution of the feeds.

Is this a MediaFly bottleneck?

Anyway, I love TWiT (and TWiG) and have gone back to listening on the iPod.

This enterprise is not ready for prime time (I wish them luck though.)

RainOrShine

(mostly rain!!!!) :roll:

KennyJ

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:57 am

I'm not sure how they are getting sent to Roku either, though I've heard Leo talking about how this is a time consuming process and he doesn't have a lot of people to work on it.

kurros

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm

i have had better luck when i am impatient manually adding the RSS feeds from fan run odtv.me in mediafly. They seem to have audiosync issues on the roku often but is the only place to get great shows like maxwells house and dr kikis science hour

for the official videos they are edited just like the mp3s but odtv is fan recordings of the live stream and often up within 24 hours

bmoura

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:03 pm

kurros wrote:
i have had better luck when i am impatient manually adding the RSS feeds from fan run odtv.me in mediafly. They seem to have audiosync issues on the roku often but is the only place to get great shows like maxwells house and dr kikis science hour

for the official videos they are edited just like the mp3s but odtv is fan recordings of the live stream and often up within 24 hours

The problem with ODTV.ME is that they've dropped several shows that are now on Roku.

So we have no video for the last two Windows Weekly editions - not on ODTV.ME - or ROKU !

Hmm.....

kurros

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:25 pm

indeed. though I noticed the official videos are getting up quicker. Twig and Twit were both up on monday and was surprised to see macbreak up this morning as scheduled. dunno whats going on with windows weekly though... the video download has been available on twit.tv. maybe uploading this weeks episode will push last weeks through

bmoura

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 am

kurros wrote:
indeed. though I noticed the official videos are getting up quicker. Twig and Twit were both up on monday and was surprised to see macbreak up this morning as scheduled. dunno whats going on with windows weekly though... the video download has been available on twit.tv. maybe uploading this weeks episode will push last weeks through

Yes, I noticed that as well. Windows Weekly was only available on Audio last week (even in the video section) and then this week's edition wasn't posted to Roku at all!

Strange...

unclebob

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:32 am

Are others able to play TWIG #21? Or TWIF #46? These new additions just kick me out to the description screen.

KennyJ

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:55 am

unclebob wrote:
Are others able to play TWIG #21? Or TWIF #46? These new additions just kick me out to the description screen.

I got the same problem. Do we know when these were added?

unclebob

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:24 am

KennyJ wrote:
unclebob wrote:

within the last day or so, i've been looking for them to show up.

jcmolet

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 am

unclebob wrote:
KennyJ wrote:
unclebob wrote:

within the last day or so, i've been looking for them to show up.

Also no luck with TWIG #21. Also, when I got kicked out, all of the categories were "TWIG" and I had to go all the way back out to the Home screen and go back in to get to TWIT.