Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

umbighouse

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 am

I turned off the firewall completely, to no avail.
The log file is empty.
I tried launching the springboard.py file and manually configured it to install the client.
My unit is still in Developer mode. Is this ok?

umbighouse

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 am

It looks like the mymedia.py task is what's causing the "Rendezvous" status error. Also, it shows this:

warning: this server has not completed rendezvous.
http://0.0.0.0:8001

el.wubo
Topic Author

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:32 pm

umbighouse wrote:
It looks like the mymedia.py task is what's causing the "Rendezvous" status error. Also, it shows this:

warning: this server has not completed rendezvous.
http://0.0.0.0:8001

That's not an error -- I should have written it in plainer english but what it means is that you haven't finished configuring your server. The step of entering in your registration code is what the Roku documentation calls "rendezvous" and you still need to get to your server's configuration page so that you can do that again -- basically it's just telling you what you already know.

Try: http://127.0.0.1:8001

Also, take a look at the config.ini file in your server directory (there should be one by now) and ensure that server_port is in fact 8001. If that doesn't work, a trick you can use to manually complete rendezvous is to add a line to the end of that config.ini file that looks like:

regid = abcd

(where abcd is your actual code)

That should make the warning go away when you start the server but I don't expect it to solve your problem...

umbighouse

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 pm

el wubo,

not sure if adding that reg line to the config.ini file did it, but it's working now. Thanks very much for your help. Good to hear from you again.

umbighouse

dellsweig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 am

el Wubo.....

I have been away from using MyMedia for a while - I want to get the latest build up and running..

Where and what is the latest build??

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

el.wubo
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 am

dellsweig wrote:
el Wubo.....

I have been away from using MyMedia for a while - I want to get the latest build up and running..

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks

The latest release is the one you get when you go through the private channel installation process. The instructions for adding the private channel are at the very top of this forum. Once you start the private channel for the first time it will provide a link to download the latest version. Once you're up and running with that your Roku will prompt you automatically whenever new versions are released. (You'll get here by following the instructions above but just so you have a preview--here's what you'll be doing after you start the private channel for the first time.)

dellsweig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am

el.wubo wrote:
dellsweig wrote:
el Wubo.....

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks

The latest release is the one you get when you go through the private channel installation process. The instructions for adding the private channel are at the very top of this forum. Once you start the private channel for the first time it will provide a link to download the latest version. Once you're up and running with that your Roku will prompt you automatically whenever new versions are released. (You'll get here by following the instructions above but just so you have a preview--here's what you'll be doing after you start the private channel for the first time.)

Not to be ignorant, but the last time I used this it was a back-door installation - not a private channel. Can you send me the channel code - also how do I delete the old channel from my Roku?

el.wubo
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:04 am

Correct. The installation process has been updated. Heres the link: https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelC ... de=mymedia

(The code is mymedia but that link puts it in for you.)

el.wubo
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:07 am

To remove the old channel follow the instructions on this post: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&p=215954&hilit=delete#p215954

For more instructions you can search for the word "delete" in this topic.

dellsweig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:24 am

el.wubo wrote:
To remove the old channel follow the instructions on this post: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&p=215954&hilit=delete#p215954

For more instructions you can search for the word "delete" in this topic.

Done

One last question - have you been able to successfully get mymedia.bat to run as a windows service??

el.wubo
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 am

I've never tried (I don't use windows.) Anyone else?

dellsweig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am

el.wubo wrote:

I was able to get mymedia runnig as a windows service.

It is a bit convoluted as services cannot normally run interpreter based programs (bat, perl, python, etc)

You need to download a launcher called srvany.exe from Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890

Once this is done you would create the MyMedia service as follows

1) open a DOS command window as administrator

2) install the srvany.exe program somewhere - I installed it in C:\systools

3) from the DOS prompt

C:>sc create MyMedia binPath= "C:\systools\srvany.exe" start= auto DisplayName= "MyMedia"

4) start regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MyMedia

5) Right Click on MyMedia in the nav panel and add new key. Name the key "Parameters"

6) open Parameters and right click - add new string value called "Application" and put the value of the full path to the mymedia.bat file. Note - when you install mymedia - dont use the default name when you extract it - that name changes with every release - use something like c:\MyMedia

7) edit the mymedia.bat file in the mymedia install directory to include full paths - here is what mine looks like now

rem Contributed by umbighouse
rem copyright 2010

cd c:\Users\Dan\MyMedia\server
c:\python26\python.exe c:\Users\Dan\MyMedia\server\mymedia.py

8) now start the service - run -> services.msc - start the MyMedia service.

If all goes well - you should be able to run the config web page http://127.0.0.1:8001

dellsweig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:59 pm

dellsweig wrote:
el.wubo wrote:

I was able to get mymedia runnig as a windows service.

It is a bit convoluted as services cannot normally run interpreter based programs (bat, perl, python, etc)

You need to download a launcher called srvany.exe from Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890

Once this is done you would create the MyMedia service as follows

1) open a DOS command window as administrator

2) install the srvany.exe program somewhere - I installed it in C:\systools

3) from the DOS prompt

C:>sc create MyMedia binPath= "C:\systools\srvany.exe" start= auto DisplayName= "MyMedia"

4) start regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MyMedia

5) Right Click on MyMedia in the nav panel and add new key. Name the key "Parameters"

6) open Parameters and right click - add new string value called "Application" and put the value of the full path to the mymedia.bat file. Note - when you install mymedia - dont use the default name when you extract it - that name changes with every release - use something like c:\MyMedia

7) edit the mymedia.bat file in the mymedia install directory to include full paths - here is what mine looks like now

rem Contributed by umbighouse
rem copyright 2010

cd c:\Users\Dan\MyMedia\server
c:\python26\python.exe c:\Users\Dan\MyMedia\server\mymedia.py

8) now start the service - run -> services.msc - start the MyMedia service.

If all goes well - you should be able to run the config web page http://127.0.0.1:8001

Finished the registration process when I got home - WORKS great!!!!!!

Why didnt you submit this one for the channel contest???

dellsweig

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:43 am

New issue.....

I have two Roku boxes.

When I registered the first - I added the code to the regid line in the config.ini file on my server. This worked fine.

Now I want to run mymedia app on the second Roku box - when launched it gives a new code... Can I add a second regid line to the config or a second code to the existing config entry?

Is it even possible to use two Roku boxes with the app??

Thanks

cdndave

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 am

dellsweig wrote:
New issue.....

I have two Roku boxes.

When I registered the first - I added the code to the regid line in the config.ini file on my server. This worked fine.

Now I want to run mymedia app on the second Roku box - when launched it gives a new code... Can I add a second regid line to the config or a second code to the existing config entry?

Is it even possible to use two Roku boxes with the app??

Thanks

I had the same issue this weekend. I entered the code of my 2nd (new) box, got that one working, but the 1st (older) roku stopped working...

A reboot of the older roku, a bit of a wait and everything works great now.

Can't say if it was the wait or the reboot that did the magic.

Hope that helps

Dave