Last night I got the server running on my D-Link DNS-323 NAS.
The initial retrieve is a bit slow, as is navigating back to my list of artists but that's probably due to the size of my library (65K songs). Playback seems to be working fine.
- I'm not seeing any album art at this point.
- Sorting - Not all my artists are displayed in alphabetical order. At least some seem to be sorted by the date I added/modified their folders on my NAS. Could this be a python/server issue on my system?
- A high level menu that simplifies navigation - maybe something that sorts all the retrieved artists into 'folders' based on the first character of the artist name.
- Search for an artist/album/song etc.
- Support for non-english characters.
- I have no expectation this will get done but I'd love to see this project integrated with the Firefly / mt-daap server (www.fireflymediaserver.org
). Firefly is a robust cross-platform media server that happens to utilize a very similar feed/url GET mechanisms as your project here.
Thanks for all your hard work! I'm really looking forward to testing the latest revision tonight.