Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

doubleoh0

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:16 am

The channel store shows the latest versions for each roksbox is Nov 8th, is there a newer version people are getting from somewhere else?

doubleoh0

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 am

I added the private channel roksbox cloud but there is not a text entry box on roksbox.com/register and I can't use the software offline until I register and my media server is offline, I only use hotspot internet occasionally

Is there any other way to register?

doubleoh0

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

Ok I'm in now. I wasn't logged into the website first, offline works now

dbrake

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:08 pm

dbrake wrote:
Same issue, Roksbox died after last update

I just removed the channel and then added it back. Cost $4.99 again :-( but now when I go to the first setup screen it reboots my Roku

Baelog

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm

dbrake wrote:
dbrake wrote:
Same issue, Roksbox died after last update

I just removed the channel and then added it back. Cost $4.99 again :-( but now when I go to the first setup screen it reboots my Roku

I did the same thing last week. Uninstalled my RoksboksCloud and installed Roksbox xstream with the same problem. However, today I installed the original Roksbox Cloud and ran through the setup. Mine seems to work again. Running on a Roku 4 and Roku 3.

hhdbennett

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:14 pm

thank you thank you thank you thank you ! it’s working!!!

carllr

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Still not working for me yet. Trying to use a NAS server. Can enter a manual IP address but it wont let me enter the Videos (or any other) folder. It just exits the app.

Have 3 roku tvs does it on all three.

bergdesign

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:24 am

I have the issue where entering the web server address in the options simply boots me back to the Roku main screen. Same behavior with my old Roksbox Cloud app and the newer Roksbox xStream available in the channel store. And same behavior on my newer Ultra, a Premeire+, a Premeire and a Roku 3.

krisbee

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:19 pm

While I prefer using Roksbox by a long shot, and it works for me, I have also set up a Plex Media Server as an alternate...Im not sure if the author has to basically re-write some or all of the code with the new OS changes, but I do know he is working on making it work (hasn’t abandoned the channel)...

oize

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 pm

For the record, I have the same problem that boots me out of the app when I enter an IP address for the media server. Xstream used to work fine (albeit a little slow with the limited memory available on a Roku stick) before the Roku update in December. The latest version of Roksbox hasn't fixed anything. I haven't given up waiting yet but I may have to if the issue isn't fixed soon...