Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

vollinss

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 pm

I just purchased roksbox and when I try to click on the link to activate my account from my computer this comes up: Can anyone help me?

vollinss

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:21 pm

sorry attachment didn't come through but here is the text: 

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request, https://wilddtech.com/roksbox/google/auth.php, does not match the ones authorized for the OAuth client. Visit https://console.developers.google.com/a ... 7984374565 to update the authorized redirect URIs.

ndt1231

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:00 am

Hello will you have a Roxsbox for one drive in the future? 

carsokk

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Does this channel still exist? Is it still supported? I cannot create an account. I get a message saying that SMTP Connect failed. Also, I cannot access their website on the PC. I can only access it on my iPhone. Does anyone know what is going on?

boblutznet

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 am

Hi,
I am trying to reset my login password for the roksbox site: http://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home

But I am getting this error:

Notice
SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/ ... leshooting
[color=#999999]×

Error
Failed sending email.[/color]

Please enter the email address for your account. A verification code will be sent to you. Once you have received the verification code, you will be able to choose a new password for your account.

edwardforum

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 am

roksbox xstream seems to be broken after update. I changed from directory structure to "NFO or XML stucture" Well that crashed the app. When I restarted it would crash at startup.  A remove and ADD was required to get it running again. This caused it to lose my profile. 
pops up no profile 
run wizard
choose  Web server
change address, enter IP address,  It does not show the change and buttons do not work I can scroll but cant click. had to click home button then restart roksbox xtream 
pops up no profile, run wizard (rinse, repeat)

edwardforum

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 am

I'm just a user, been using roksbox since it was in beta.
 https://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/ seems outdated . No more registration of old version. (corrected, I was able to register roksbox Cloud) 
 An Updated version of Roksbox can be purchased from your roku account channel store. 

ps. I was looking at some older posts and did not see answers to some questions. So hopefully this helps some people out.

hhdbennett

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 am

Hi there,

Love Roksbox, long time user, but am finding that I don't really like version 4's layout.  Functionally, the elements are all there, but the fonts and layout of the movie description need work (plus it takes at least 3 times longer to load than before).

Any chance we could get the codes (a la 'private channels') to the old versions of roksbox, or some options as to the layout?

Sometimes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it is best!

Thanks for considering!

bbalassi

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble re-installing / connecting the Roksbox xstream channel.  I reset my roku to factory default and after getting back into the roksbox channel, it seems to crash.  I get a loading icon then the page just goes black and never loads.  I was thinking i needed an updated app, so i purchased the roksbox for google drive channel and initially the configuration guide came up and allowed me to connect to google drive, but it also crashed after the setup.  When launching from either from home screen, they either load for ~5 seconds and the screen goes black or it returns to the home screen.  This was one of the main ways I watched content, so i'm looking forward to getting this working again.  Please pass on any suggestions to try and i'll give them a shot.  Does the software itself need an update to be compatible with recent roku releases?

Thanks

hhdbennett

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pm

me too, after a roku update, the app will not load. looking forward to a resolution.

stan7826

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Agreed. We've been using roksbox for years, and have been really happy with it. But this latest update takes *forever* to start up. That's really annoying.

That said, I've been very happy with using roksbox and XML to organize our media. It was a pain to have to edit an actual XML file, but then I hit on the idea of putting everything in MySQL on my server, and then just redirect the XML URL to run a little Perl script that generates the XML from the database on the fly. Makes it really easy to update things and add new ones. Dunno if this is something anyone else would want to use, but I'd be happy to share the little bit of code for it.

sharpedge

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:49 pm

hhdbennett wrote:
Hi there,

Love Roksbox, long time user, but am finding that I don't really like version 4's layout.  Functionally, the elements are all there, but the fonts and layout of the movie description need work (plus it takes at least 3 times longer to load than before).

Any chance we could get the codes (a la 'private channels') to the old versions of roksbox, or some options as to the layout?

Sometimes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it is best!

Thanks for considering!

Same here, the old version worked great. The new video layout only shows me one row of videos at a time, is there a way to go back to the old layout?

Kent_c

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Just upgraded to a Roku Ultra and now when I try and setup Roksbox that I've been using for years the device reboots.

Bwpierce

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Hey there. Long time Roksbox user. Never once had an issue but recent problems have sent me here to the forums. I occasionally have to run the Server Setup Wizard to change my IP, but it is not working for me on this new version. I type in the address and hit apply, but nothing ever happens. I have to quit out of the app entirely. Tried buying the new xStream channel but the same thing happens.

carllr

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Roksbox stopped working on one of my Roku TVs. IT would just return to the home screen. I deleted the app, went to Roksbox and added the cloud version again. Now whenever it comes to the first setup screen and I click OK, the app crashes the TV. This has been going on for about a week now.

What got updated and how can I fix it?