Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
JSW
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:22 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi,

I'm having the exact issue Kent_c reported.

I picked up a Roku Ultra on Cyber Monday. I registered Roksbox Cloud on it, but when I launch it, it says "Welcome to Roksbox Cloud. This profile has not been configured. Follow the Roksbox Cloud setup wizard to select your media device and setup your profile for the first time."

When I click OK, the Roku reboots. I tried removing and reinstalling Roksbox Cloud but it has the same issue.

Thanks for your help!
 
hhdbennett
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 pm

roku box runs version 8.1, roksbox works

roku tv runs version 8.2, roksbox fails

update needed please
 
dieskim
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 am

yes this is now broken on the lates roku
 
Baelog
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am

I have the same problem. I have been using ROKSBOX Cloud since 2015 and have never had any problem until Dec 4th. I tried to upgrade to ROKSBOX xstream but it did not help. On my older ROKU 3 it still works but not on my ROKU Ultra.. Please help.

Baelog
 
stacychick67
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:13 am

My Roksbox and Smugmug are both broken now that I upgraded to the Ultra. C'mon guys! In fact, my Ultra restarts every time I click Ok on the message about Roksbox setup needed. And, of course, the Roksox website couldn't process my registration. Now I get to wait for somebody to fix that. 
Back to the restart issue....This Ultra has restarted on it's own (when I'm adding channels, etc) no less than 4 times in just a couple weeks now. I hope it doesn't mean I have a bad one. The 3 was so solid I was definitely expecting better.  
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Jesup, GA
Contact:

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

stacychick67 wrote:
My Roksbox and Smugmug are both broken now that I upgraded to the Ultra. C'mon guys! In fact, my Ultra restarts every time I click Ok on the message about Roksbox setup needed. And, of course, the Roksox website couldn't process my registration. Now I get to wait for somebody to fix that. 
Back to the restart issue....This Ultra has restarted on it's own (when I'm adding channels, etc) no less than 4 times in just a couple weeks now. I hope it doesn't mean I have a bad one. The 3 was so solid I was definitely expecting better.  

That is unusual behavior for an Ultra. I’ve been happy with mine. Yes the Roku 3 devices were rock solid. The Ultra has been a good device so far.

Hate to say it, but you may need to Factory Reset it. Be sure to unlink it from your Roku account first.

After resetting it and relinking it, see if the restart issue remains. If so, return/exchange it. It should be doing that.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
carllr
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 pm

anyone have a fix for the roksbox app crash? hasn't worked since the update. Same issue as everyone else, click OK to set up Roksbox and Roku reboots. 3 different roku tvs and they all do it.
 
sharpedge
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 am

Do we know yet who's making changes to Roksbox?  Is it still WilDD? 
 
Baelog
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Still no fix. Frustrating. It has been a week.
 
JSW
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:22 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 pm

DBDukes wrote:
stacychick67 wrote:
My Roksbox and Smugmug are both broken now that I upgraded to the Ultra. C'mon guys! In fact, my Ultra restarts every time I click Ok on the message about Roksbox setup needed. And, of course, the Roksox website couldn't process my registration. Now I get to wait for somebody to fix that. 
Back to the restart issue....This Ultra has restarted on it's own (when I'm adding channels, etc) no less than 4 times in just a couple weeks now. I hope it doesn't mean I have a bad one. The 3 was so solid I was definitely expecting better.  

That is unusual behavior for an Ultra. I’ve been happy with mine. Yes the Roku 3 devices were rock solid. The Ultra has been a good device so far.

Hate to say it, but you may need to Factory Reset it. Be sure to unlink it from your Roku account first.

After resetting it and relinking it, see if the restart issue remains. If so, return/exchange it. It should be doing that.

Ultras will work fine, UNTIL they download the latest version. Then they won't and will have the restart issue. My older Ultra is still on the previous version, as are my Roku 3's, and they still work. The new Ultra I got on Black Friday downloaded the latest version and all it does is restart the Roku. I don't know if there is a way to prevent updates, but I have a feeling all Rokus will be broken once they download the latest version.
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Jesup, GA
Contact:

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:57 am

JSW wrote:
...
Ultras will work fine, UNTIL they download the latest version. Then they won't and will have the restart issue. My older Ultra is still on the previous version, as are my Roku 3's, and they still work. The new Ultra I got on Black Friday downloaded the latest version and all it does is restart the Roku. I don't know if there is a way to prevent updates, but I have a feeling all Rokus will be broken once they download the latest version.

My Roku Ultra is running 9.0 -- has been running that for weeks -- and it works great. It's not broken like you said it would be. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
JSW
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:22 am

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 am

DBDukes wrote:
My Roku Ultra is running 9.0 -- has been running that for weeks -- and it works great. It's not broken like you said it would be. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I'm not sure of the exact version since I can't launch it (it tells me it's not configured yet and clicking OK on the message reboots the Roku).

Earlier I posted I was afraid my other Ultra and Roku 3 would stop working when they got the update. But the Roksbox interface on my existing Rokus changed (fairly dramatically) a few weeks ago, so now that I think about it they have probably upgraded to the latest version (I'm at work now so I can't check).

Perhaps the issue isn't with upgrading existing Rokus to the latest version - perhaps it has something to do with the initial configuration? I assume a brand new installation of Roksbox is going to execute different code than an upgrade would.

Kent_c and I are both having issues installing Roksbox on brand new Ultras. Has anyone tried setting up a new Roku 3 recently? I'd be curious if they would have the same installation issue.
 
stan7826
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Something must have updated in the last couple days. I have a Roku 2, and Roksbox is now totally broken on it. We also have a Roku 2 XD, and it still works there, but my daughter's room has a Roku stick, and it doesn't work there. On the ones where it doesn't work, it just starts up with the Roksbox logo, then a little spinny thing, and then black screen forever.
 
ronganus
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Undo Roksbox update? Been using Roksbox for years and love it. Recently my Roksbox was upgraded, now it loads the media directory super slow and one of my folder that has a dew hundred movies will not display the movies in it, instead it shows an empty directory. Can you downgrade to the previous version or is something being done to fix these issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: icedomin8r, rey_1178 and 16 guests