Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ricbeeler

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:25 pm

fluke wrote:
I don't think roksbox is being maintained anymore.

I haven't been able to login to the Roksbox/Wilddtech website for several months and attempting to use the "Forgot your password?" option just returns a SMTP connect() failed error.

The author of Roksbox, WilDD, has not been active in the Roku forums at all in 2019 despite the Roksbox website indicating the Roku forums is the only method of getting "personalized help."

I would recommend either attempting to use the official Roku Media Player if possible or look for some other alternative on the Roku channel store.

I have been using Roksbox for a long time also.  I noticed about a year ago that the program was buggy and tried to find out if anyone was fixing it. At that time, their website had gone dormant presumably they hadn't been paying their landlord.  A while later, last year a bunch of problems were fixed and it was working well.  I have recently purchased an ultra and am trying to set it up.  I can't seem to get it to take the web address for my local server.  Has anyone figured out how to do this???

ricbeeler

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

I uninstalled Roksbox from my new Ultra and it also removed it from my Roku3.  I was able to reload the web server information onto the Roku3, but not the Ultra.  Apparently, there is a difference that the Roksbox code doesn't take into account.  Waiting for a fix???

carllr

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:02 pm

I have 3 different Roku tvs all made by TCL. One loads up fine. One will only take the IP server addr but no the folder. The last one wont load anything.

Would really love to hear from the designer since its still being sold as a working App.

hhdbennett

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm

xstream updated!

version 4.4 just released.

to everyone frustrated by the program, i’ve had a quick email conversation with the developer. he/she’s a real person, definitely not a team of programmers.

hope the update works well!

Debstoy54

Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Mine still takes forever when I start up.  We have maybe 700-800 movies on our hard drive.  Until about 6 months ago it didn’t take nearly this long but now I almost don’t want to use it.  

Debstoy54

Wed May 29, 2019 9:15 pm

I have the latest Roku OS and Roksbox v4.5 and it takes forever to display my movies on both a 2nd gen Roku 2 XD and a 4th gen Roku Streaming Stick.  It was sometime around the end of last year that this slowdown started.  Before then it was pretty quick, similar to loading up Netflix.  Now it has me searching for alternatives.  I don’t want something that requires me to have a computer running as I frequently travel in my small RV and am able to just hook up my network hard drive to a travel router and I’m good to go.  I’d rather not switch from Roksbox but I’m hating how slow it’s become and there doesn’t seem to be any fix on the horizon.