Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

vbathory

Re: Streamming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 pm

WilDD wrote:
vbathory wrote:
thanks for you hard work on making this app works really well but i have one problem the artwork is not showing up for my movies i did everything like you said in the tutorial but it only asks me to pick the artwork once not twice like you said it did in the tutorial for the avatar trailer.

You might need to clear it completely out or Personal Video Database and add it back in. Get into PVD, and right click on Avatar on the left side of the screen. Click Delete, then hold the Ctrl key down and click Yes. This will completely remove it from the PVD database. Then add it back in.

I tried that and it did not work i looked at the mongoose logs and it says it cant find the images folder inside the video folder it comes up with error code 404

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:45 pm

vbathory wrote:
WilDD wrote:
vbathory wrote:
thanks for you hard work on making this app works really well but i have one problem the artwork is not showing up for my movies i did everything like you said in the tutorial but it only asks me to pick the artwork once not twice like you said it did in the tutorial for the avatar trailer.

You might need to clear it completely out or Personal Video Database and add it back in. Get into PVD, and right click on Avatar on the left side of the screen. Click Delete, then hold the Ctrl key down and click Yes. This will completely remove it from the PVD database. Then add it back in.

I tried that and it did not work i looked at the mongoose logs and it says it cant find the images folder inside the video folder it comes up with error code 404

Hmm, my images folder is named images with no capital letters and it resides directly in the Videos folder (with a capital V)

ugandy

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:33 pm

WilDD wrote:
Of course, this is a work in progress, and improvements will be a result of your feedback.

Hi,

Is pause/resume when watching videos possible? I mean resuming at a later time when returning to the video, and picking up from where left off.

Thanks!
h

philsoft

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:52 pm

ugandy wrote:
WilDD wrote:
Of course, this is a work in progress, and improvements will be a result of your feedback.

Hi,

Is pause/resume when watching videos possible? I mean resuming at a later time when returning to the video, and picking up from where left off.

Thanks!
h

You can pause the stream, but no, bookmarking is not supported.

JC77

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm still trying things, still no luck. It has to do something with the router I think. I have everything set up exactly as in the tutorial. No typos or anything.

One silly question. Step 22 of Organize Files in the tutorial says "Execute steps 6, 7, and 8 of this tutorial." Do I have to do this with each video I want to play on Roksbox, when I play it? Or does that mean to do it for each video to convert for future viewing?

In other words, do I need to have Handbrake running when I use Roksbox to view a video?

ugandy

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:53 pm

philsoft wrote:

You can pause the stream, but no, bookmarking is not supported.

I meant in the future. :)

vbathory

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm

philsoft wrote:

vbathory wrote:

philsoft wrote:
Hmm, my images folder is named images with no capital letters and it resides directly in the Videos folder (with a capital V)

Mine is to i tried reinstalling the sever and it still will not show the artwork the computer that I'm using has windows 7 on it would that have anything to do with it.

philsoft

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 pm

vbathory wrote:
philsoft wrote:

vbathory wrote:

philsoft wrote:

Mine is to i tried reinstalling the sever and it still will not show the artwork the computer that I'm using has windows 7 on it would that have anything to do with it.

No, I am using 64 bit Win 7 myself. The images folder is IN the video folder itself right? And if you open the xml file in notepad, the end of the <movie> </movie> should look like this

<poster>images/ST2 khan.jpg</poster>
</movie>

with your image name substituted for ST2 khan.jpg

vbathory

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 pm

this is what mine looks like:

<poster>images/Battle for Terra.jpg</poster>
</movie>

Also i installed it on my external hard drive but i don't think that has anything to do with it. I can play the movies just fine just wish i could get the artwork working lol.

philsoft

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:34 pm

vbathory wrote:
this is what mine looks like:

<poster>images/Battle for Terra.jpg</poster>
</movie>

Also i installed it on my external hard drive but i don't think that has anything to do with it. I can play the movies just fine just wish i could get the artwork working lol.

try an 8.3 filename like battle.jpg

vbathory

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 pm

nope not working still should i delete the app from the roku and re-add it?

philsoft

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 pm

vbathory wrote:

Well it sounds like the issue is in the computer and not in the DVP since you said the mongoose log showed that it couldn't locate the folder.

philsoft

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:54 pm

try putting the jpg in the Videos folder and point to it there.

vbathory

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:10 pm

philsoft wrote:
vbathory wrote:

Well it sounds like the issue is in the computer and not in the DVP since you said the mongoose log showed that it couldn't locate the folder.

ya I'm not sure what it is i can browse to the jpgs from other computers on my network using the computers ip http://192.168.0.197/Media/Videos/images/ and they will load up in the browser maybe the firewall that's build into windows 7 is blocking it maybe i will look there 1st.

aegl

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm

I almost have this working on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10). But I think I'm confusing myself with the web media root and video folder path settings.

On the server I made a "media" directory (folder), with a "video" subdirectory. Then I put a test video into that.

So I have media/video/test.mp4

I hand made a videos.xml file based on the example someone posted here earlier. Among other things it says: <poster>test.jpg</poster>. The xml file and test.jpg were also placed in media/video

First I tried web media root set to "media" and video folder path = "video". The xml file was read correctly and my test video showed up on the screen. But there was no thumbnail picure, and the web server said the roku had issued "GET /video/test.jpg", which it had responded to with a 404 error.

I tried with web media root = "", and video folder path = "media/video", but still the GET was for /video/test.jpg.

Just to check, I made a /video directory, and linked the image into it, and sure enough the thumbnail showed up on the roku.

So: am I doing something wrong in the xml file? Or with the settings in the roksbox app? Or is my assumption that the thumbnails go in the same directory as the video files wrong?