Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Markus5

Re: Nowhere TV

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks for adding Crash Course Biology. Both Crash Course History and Crash Course Biology have released their last videos, but two mini-series are planned (I think). Crash Course Ecology has one new video out, and Crash Course Literature will be here real-soon-now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
Not sure how these videos will be organized in their youtube channel. But, keep an eye out and, if possible, connect them up.

Thanks.

VagaBondDennis

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 am

Is there any chance of getting these into a station/channel, Nowhere Man?

http://www.twnworldwide.tv/

rydaken

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey Nowhereman.
Thanks for the amazing package of entertainment. If I could put in a request, I'd like to get my local news fix. It streams from here.
KTLA 5 Morning News

Thanks
Ryan

bexn
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 pm

@rydaken, VagaBondDennis & anyone else interested in having feeds added,

Don't forget that you can add custom feeds to your NowhereTV. That's what I've done when feeds I've requested haven't been added globally. It's very easy to do:

Is it compatible content?
  1. On your computer, open this tool in a browser and enter the URL you want to check.
    1. If the content isn't compatible, you'll need to find another way to watch your content.
    2. If the content is compatible, you'll be given the option of entering a code.
To get the code
  1. On your Roku, launch NowhereTV.
  2. Press the * key on your remote.
  3. Select "Add a custom favorite" and press OK. A code now appears on your television screen.
Adding the link
  1. On your computer, enter the code into the text field at the bottom of the validation you ran above.
  2. Click "Add Favorite". The link has now been added to your NowhereTV.
Refreshing NowhereTV
  1. On your Roku in NowhereTV, select "Back" and press OK.
  2. Press the Home key to exit NowhereTV.
  3. Press OK to relaunch NowhereTV.
The Favorites row with the feed you added should now be displayed on the second row. Easy peasy. :-)

It's a great option and a wonderful compromise since there's no way RokuChris can add all of the compatible content that we request or NowhereTV would be impossible to navigate. Hope this helps.
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!

steamer

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 am

> It's a great option and a wonderful compromise

indeed it is ...
i have used it a number of times to add content.
the problem i'm having is ...
finding the content to add.
ie: "data returned from the URL can/can not be parsed as XML"

i could certainly use some guidance/direction in how
to go about finding such feeds.
any hints on how to go about that?

tia
"The Selection of Random Numbers is too Important to be Left to Chance."

Roku 1 - Model #2100X V 3.1 b1017
Roku 2 - Model #3100X V 5.5.321
both wired
VisionNet ADSL2+4 Ports Wireless
Toshiba 40G300U HDMI, 1080P

VagaBondDennis

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 am

That's really cool.

Only problem with that is I don't have a pc at home, i'm actually on my work pc ... and i doubt they'd apperciate me doing all that :)

But when i get my pc back up and running i'll do just this!

bexn wrote:
@rydaken, VagaBondDennis & anyone else interested in having feeds added,

Don't forget that you can add custom feeds to your NowhereTV. That's what I've done when feeds I've requested haven't been added globally. It's very easy to do:

Is it compatible content?
  1. On your computer, open this tool in a browser and enter the URL you want to check.
    1. If the content isn't compatible, you'll need to find another way to watch your content.
    2. If the content is compatible, you'll be given the option of entering a code.
To get the code
  1. On your Roku, launch NowhereTV.
  2. Press the * key on your remote.
  3. Select "Add a custom favorite" and press OK. A code now appears on your television screen.
Adding the link
  1. On your computer, enter the code into the text field at the bottom of the validation you ran above.
  2. Click "Add Favorite". The link has now been added to your NowhereTV.
Refreshing NowhereTV
  1. On your Roku in NowhereTV, select "Back" and press OK.
  2. Press the Home key to exit NowhereTV.
  3. Press OK to relaunch NowhereTV.
The Favorites row with the feed you added should now be displayed on the second row. Easy peasy. :-)

It's a great option and a wonderful compromise since there's no way RokuChris can add all of the compatible content that we request or NowhereTV would be impossible to navigate. Hope this helps.

UsrKelly

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Update: All has returned as of 8:30pm pst with the exception of the TV Episodes section. Still reports "No content available"

--------

Chris, Over this last weekend (excluding Monday) and again today, TMZ has been reporting "No Content Available" Is this a TMZ issue or something for you to check into?

Thanks!

Kelly

Donny

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:43 pm

I have the top signal from ATT which is fiber optics not broadband and Nowhere keeps reloading about every 2 minutes off of Rokuand sometimes 5 times before the signal comes back. Why does it do this and what am I doing wrong to cause this to happen. If it can be fixed I want to donate for the service. I know the people in charge are fighting over who will get to make the trillions off the internet and don't want to spend a small amount to replace old technologies that aren't capable of working with today's signal but I thought that by 2012 if we could drop a camera on Mars and get the highest quality images possible from it sent back to earth that this would be very easy to fix and we'd have large on-demand libraries at the highest HD level since the people in charge have blocked us from getting the much better Max 48 format that renders everything in the backgrounds in crystal clear focus. But I guess greed trumps us- so any suggestion on how to stop the signal from constantly going out on Roku I or is this a reality we are supposed to accept? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help on this issue :(

quavebslreb

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 am

On the CBS channels...

***I am unable to watch "48 Hours." I continue to receive the message, "No Content Available."
***I am unable to watch "60 Minutes." I continue to receive the message, "No Content Available."

Any reason why this is the case?

Stephen A. Cuevas
Covington, LA

RadSurfer

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:04 am

I was enjoying NoWhereTV, for a while, when I discovered CBC live streaming. I emailed Chris how CBC switched off
on weekends, and would not even return Monday mornings... I just love Canadian TV but live in U.S., any way I find
now that we are not even able to get any stream at all from "CBC" in NoWhereTV.

If anyone has a suggestion or knows of any one willing to broadcast CBC.ca live, from say Ontario that would be awesome!

Another thing that is great from NoWhereTV is how there are a number of "local" TV news channels. That sure came in
handy when Sandy hit NY/NJ. Also very handy when travelling to see whats up before you get there. : -)

Thanks for NoWhereTV.

I can be reached at Radsurfer.at.yahoo.dot.com

NCPatrick

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am

I'd like to request "UP with Chris Hayes". Great show.

UsrKelly

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Can you watch the Daily show? This Week in Tech? or The Year in Review? If yes,
then it must be a Minute or Hour thing. ;-) (Sorry, could not pass that one up.)

I too get the occasional "No content available" message. Sometimes it is just one selection that is not available within a channel while other times it is every section under a channel. I have no clue what causes this. I've tried rebooting Roku, reinstalling NoWhereTV and rebooting my router. FWIW

quavebslreb wrote:
On the CBS channels...

***I am unable to watch "48 Hours." I continue to receive the message, "No Content Available."
***I am unable to watch "60 Minutes." I continue to receive the message, "No Content Available."

Any reason why this is the case?

Stephen A. Cuevas
Covington, LA

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 pm

UsrKelly wrote:
I too get the occasional "No content available" message. Sometimes it is just one selection that is not available within a channel while other times it is every section under a channel. I have no clue what causes this. I've tried rebooting Roku, reinstalling NoWhereTV and rebooting my router.

It has nothing to do with NowhereTV or your Roku. The problem is at the content source.
RokuChris/Nowhereman has no control over that. You just have to wait until the problem sorts it's self out.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

UsrKelly

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:10 pm

kc8pql wrote:
UsrKelly wrote:
I too get the occasional "No content available" message. Sometimes it is just one selection that is not available within a channel while other times it is every section under a channel. I have no clue what causes this. I've tried rebooting Roku, reinstalling NoWhereTV and rebooting my router.

It has nothing to do with NowhereTV or your Roku. The problem is at the content source.
RokuChris/Nowhereman has no control over that. You just have to wait until the problem sorts it's self out.

Thank you for the explanation. I sort of figured that out as it clears up.

Kelly

tracyz

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi - I am pretty new to nowhere tv. I have been having trouble with my Bloomberg TV feeds (money moves, market makers, etc) and with the CBS 48 hours feed. Always get No Content Available. Has anyone had trouble with these too and can you let me know how to fix them?