Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Nowhere TV

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 am

^ Read the posts above yours.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

UsrKelly

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

kc8pql,
I'm still leaning toward to issue being on the host end. TMZ reports "No content available." and when I go to the site it fails to load. I would imagine that they have recoded the page using different tracking, ad hosts or whatever. Nothing has changed here on my end (both Roku and notebook). I would imagine that the other sites changed too. I just mention it to you as a FYI item. Noting we can do about it. Whatever the change is, I hope it doesn't spread.

Kelly

UsrKelly

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Chris,

Just want to check in with you about the "No content available" message on TMZ. Since I can't see the link you are using to get the content, I have to figure the feed URL can't see the content. There is new content on the site. What I am geting at, does this mean TMZ is blocking Roku from accessing content?

Thanks!

Kelly

RokuChris

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm

UsrKelly wrote:
Just want to check in with you about the "No content available" message on TMZ. Since I can't see the link you are using to get the content, I have to figure the feed URL can't see the content. There is new content on the site. What I am geting at, does this mean TMZ is blocking Roku from accessing content?

No, it doesn't. TMZ is working fine for me and most users. Their servers are a bit slow sometimes. There are lots of other things that could be going wrong between your Roku and the servers providing the content. If the channel doesn't get a response in 30 seconds, it gives up, but this seems like a fairly isolated problem affecting a small number of users.

UsrKelly

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

RokuChris wrote:
No, it doesn't. TMZ is working fine for me and most users. Their servers are a bit slow sometimes. There are lots of other things that could be going wrong between your Roku and the servers providing the content. If the channel doesn't get a response in 30 seconds, it gives up, but this seems like a fairly isolated problem affecting a small number of users.

I must admit I don't fully understanding how the Roku box works. I've only had mine since Sept 10th. TMZ is working now. It has been non functioning since Friday for me. I did reboot my router, Roku and uninstall ans reinstall NowhereTV. None of these actions helped. TMZ is the only channel that I get this message while I read others have on other channels. If there is anything to watch for so I can help in making a better product, please let me know. I don't want to bother you.

I'm back in business as of tonight. Thanks!

Kelly

UsrKelly

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm

RokuChris,

Just sat down to watch a little TMZ and noticed something. Take a look at TMZ under Featured count the number of sub selections then look at the TMZ under Entertainment and count the number of sub selections. One has 5 and the other has 6. They are different. Both have the TMZ Live selection which hasn't updated since the 26th. The one with the 6th menu selection has a second Live selection that is updating but in a different sort order and with different labels. When you get a chance can you take a look?

FWIW,

Kelly

UsrKelly

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

RokuChris,

Was wondering if you could tell me from this link http://www.ampmedia.org/

Any chance you can tell if "Amp 1 Live"
and "Amp 2 Live" can be Roku'd ?

I am looking to drop Comcast and just use Roku.

Thanks!

Kelly

fish_62@yahoo.com

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm

I started watching the client list on my life time. Now it doesn't show up on the mylifetime channel. It is still listed on the website along with the ones that do show up on the channel. Any reason that The Client List doesn't show up on the channel anymore?

krisbee

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 am

fish_62@yahoo.com wrote:
I started watching the client list on my life time. Now it doesn't show up on the mylifetime channel. It is still listed on the website along with the ones that do show up on the channel. Any reason that The Client List doesn't show up on the channel anymore?

Occassionally, Lifetime pulls the mobile feeds for the most popular shows - I guess it is an ad revenue thing... For example, Project Runway has never been available on Nowhere but you could always get it from the website.

mjpm

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for the new channels!
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.

bexn

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

VagaBondDennis wrote:
That's really cool.

Only problem with that is I don't have a pc at home, i'm actually on my work pc ... and i doubt they'd apperciate me doing all that :)

But when i get my pc back up and running i'll do just this!

FWIW, you can always ask a friend to do the computer part while you talk on the phone or text but hopefully by now, you've gotten your computer back and have been able to add it yourself. Good luck!
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!

bexn

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

bexn wrote:
bexn wrote:
The Guild (Geek & Sundry) season 6 started on Oct 2. Any chance you plan to update the channel to reflect this? So far, S06E01 and bonus for that episode has been released.

The bonus material isn't being included like it was for previous seasons and like it is for other Geek & Sundry webseries. Would you please consider adding it? Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Geek & Sundry has a couple of new shows. Would you please consider adding them to the lineup? Thanks in advance for your consideration. I'll add them as a favorite if you deciide against it.

• Space Janitors: It's about the life of Darby, a janitor on a Darth Vader-like spaceship and his group of friends. It just released episode 4 today.
  • Learning Town: In their own words: "Hi everybody, we're Paul & Storm. We'd like to tell you about Learning Town, our brand new show that's coming to Geek & Sundry. It's exactly like The Guild except it's about two guys who take over a children's show. And it's a musical. And there's no gaming in it or any of the characters from The Guild in it. And it has puppets. And they're going to catch on fire just like The Guild. Learning Town: it's not for kids."
I like the new channel icon look. :-)
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!

ruford42

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 pm

bexn

Geek & Sundry has some wonderful content I'd love to watch via my Roku as well, but they
also are a commercial YouTube channel, so we're unlikely to see that content on the Roku
until someone sorts out the larger Roku & YouTube issues.

Or you know -- if I'm missed this somewhere, please let me know. I see a note about
it being available in the 1080p showcase...but don't have a 1080p capable Roku, and the
only other location I've seen The Guild through my roku is the past seasons are available
on HuluPlus.

Dick Drivel

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:11 am

There is a new version of Nowhere TV available. I have installed it, but see no big changes. Does anyone know what has changed?

candita

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am

Great New Look On Nowhere TV! Now I wish Netflix would follow suit & change it up a little or a lot..lol