Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

butters

Re: Nowhere TV

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Was CNN International just reciently geo locked? It was working 2 days ago. Time to switch everything to US VPN (I'm in Canada).

deadvolvo1

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:41 pm

CCTV, CCTV News, Euronews, DW Europe, and Ukraine Today not working either.

Furthermore, Al Jazeera and CNBC Europe appear to have been removed. :(

bitsnbytes

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Here (US/MA), these are out as of today:
BBC streams,
CCTV and CCTV News,
CNC World,
eNCA,
euronews [has its own Roku channels with clips],
RTVe1,
Canal 24H (RTVe),
Telemadrid,
Ukraine Today,
VOXAfrica,
Al Sharqiya TV, and
CNN International

Working:
the DW streams,
France 24,
i24,
NDTV,
NHK World,
RTE News,
RTVe2,
Al Sharqiya News,
Canal Sur

nowhere92647

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 am

CNBC Euorpe now missing from lineup ;(

Desert Dingo

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 am

butters wrote:
Was CNN International just reciently geo locked? It was working 2 days ago. Time to switch everything to US VPN (I'm in Canada).

Same for me, in USA. Where are you mr.nowhere man? Are you switching everything to 'paid subs'?

Thanks for any info. :(

vansmack

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Im requesting KXRM-TV Colorado Springs FOX21.

Thanks ahead of time.

john262

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Desert Dingo wrote:
butters wrote:

Same for me, in USA. Where are you mr.nowhere man? Are you switching everything to 'paid subs'?

Thanks for any info. :(

I don't think it's his fault. Sometimes the providers take their streams down and there is nothing he can do about it. A couple of those same channels stopped working on Channel Pear as well.

emran_198

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Nowhere TV channel, CNN, BBC and AL Jazeera are down since yesterday in Canada. Is it blocked by provider ?
:( :( :(

somebody

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:29 am

BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN Internatinol, Euronews have all been unavailable the last few days.

That's not really too unusual. Sometimes those just didn't work but Al Jazeera AND CNN International have completely disapperared. :( (forwny face) - not that CNN is any great loss, but AJE is gone too? It was the one news broadcast that I could fall asleep to!!

Sure, I might hear the same AJ Newshour numerous times while I dozed, but they don't have anoying commercials like the others.

I always wondered how this works.....you didn't really get permission from all those sources you retransmit - or perhaps just connect us to via your Roku channel, did you Nowhereman?

I know Al Jazeera caused quite a kerfuffle in the US when they launched AJ America. Apparently we weren't supposed to be allowed to watch AJE after that, but AJA is filled with horrid commercials although the news content is very similar to AJE. You can't even watch AJE on the internet anymore if it thnks you're in the US. You get redirected to AJA.

I cannot fall asleep if they're playing some commercial every 10 minutes telling me I'm dying of mesothemeola or that I shoudl invest in gold or whatnot.

Anyway, much respect Nowhere - I would donate, but I'm pretty sure you just made this available for your own amusement - and besides I am poor right now.

I will miss Al Jazeera. Seriously, I would put it on for background ambience most of the day and into the night while I slept

CNN will NOT be missed.

Sulla

Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 am

BBC is still available in North America on FilmOn.
Click "LIVE" then on the "UK LIVE TV" icon.

deadvolvo1

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Euronews is now missing. This is incredibly sad. There is literally no other way to watch it in the USA. :(

Reuters Live, CNC World, and CCTV News have also been removed. Looks like the end, folks. Censorship wins again.

kyl416

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:40 pm

It's not "censorship". Censorhsip is getting thrown into jail for reporting stuff that the government doesn't like or are blocked by your government from visiting certain news websites. (There's a REASON why "#FreeAJStaff" appears at the beginning of the Newshour)

Nowhereman was stealing the streams from Livestation, this week they implemented token protection so nowhereman and other services can't steal their streams, watch their premium channels for free, and circumvent geoblocks imposed by the stations.

You can still watch many of those channels from their websites, on cable/satellite if your provider carries them, or from Livestation directly. BBC World News, Euronews, CNN International and CNBC Europe are premium and require a paid subscription. For legal reasons Al Jazeera, BBC World News, CNN International and CNBC Europe are not available in the USA via Livestation but are available from other sources:
CNN International's North American feed is available with CNNgo
CNBC's Europe, minus the Tonight Show, is available with a paid subscription to CNBC Pro, you can also see the business news from Europe and Asia on the CNBC World channel
BBC World News went the commercial route for US distribution so it's only available from cable and satellite providers
Al Jazeera was withdrawn from US distribution after they launched Al Jazeera America, but their streams are still available for free on Livestation for those outside of the USA, and you can still watch news reports on demand on their website, just click the link at the bottom of their page to go to Al Jazeera English's website.

Not being able to watch a channel because you refuse to subscribe to cable or satellite provider who has the channel, or pay for a premium streaming subscription is not "censorship". (God forbid your favorite international news channels actually try to make money so they can continue to afford to place their journalists around the world, lease multiple satellite feeds so cable and satellite providers around the world can receive their channels, deal with budget cuts because the current government doesn't like how their news department is reporting about them, not to mention pay lawyers to handle the legal nightmare some journalists are in right now in certain parts of the world)

gday15

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Nicely stated and explained kyl416 even though I am one of those who will lose BBC World. I often wondered how it worked. I do get UK TV via Filmon but they seem to only have UK news.

I have written to the BBC more than once asking if/when it will become available online but alas they never reply. I told them I would be happy to pay them directly but that does not seem to be a likely option at this point. It is far too much to pay for it via cable or satellite in Canada. A sad day.

kyl416

Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:36 pm

BBC World News refers you to Livestation for a paid live stream which is available in Canada:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-radio-and-tv-14563857

BBC World News is available via a high quality stream on Livestation worldwide (excluding the UK, US, China, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia due to rights restrictions). Just type http://www.livestation.com into the browser on your device.

The package is subscription based, but has made live streaming of BBC World News available in an increased number of markets.

Livestation has an official partnership with them, so a portion of the money you pay to Livestation goes to BBC Worldwide

Patinput

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:41 am

I can't find AJE anywhere except for some limited content on their website. (Many of the videos are unavailable for me on their website). Anyone know where I could find it? I would pay subscription if necessary.