Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Nowhere TV

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 am

beq wrote:
Is the developer NowhereMan (RokuChris?) still a Roku employee, just curious?  Still posting?

RokuChris has logged in this week. He’s not addressed why he took it down. It may be more than he can handle. He’s not posted in nearly two years, despite logging in, so his duties may prevent giving it the attention it deserves. Or Roku may have directed it be down. Or something else entirely. Unless he addresses it, we may never know the reason. Whatever the reason, the app is retired.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

dennphill

Re: Nowhere TV Waddya mean, flames not allowed!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:32 pm

If the guy that stopped providing a channel can't be flamed for quitting, then what's the use of life.  I liked Nowhere TV but the nowhereman was a real SH*T about the poor quality of some of his channels.  After a few seasons of contributing, i finally told him to jump in the lake.  I'm hoping now he drowns for taking Nowhere TV away from me.  KNOW I will never subscribe or pay for his drivel anymore.I go elsewhere for entertainment. - dennphill

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Re: Nowhere TV Waddya mean, flames not allowed!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:40 pm

dennphill wrote:
If the guy that stopped providing a channel can't be flamed for quitting, then what's the use of life.  I liked Nowhere TV but the nowhereman was a real SH*T about the poor quality of some of his channels.  After a few seasons of contributing, i finally told him to jump in the lake.  I'm hoping now he drowns for taking Nowhere TV away from me.  KNOW I will never subscribe or pay for his drivel anymore.I go elsewhere for entertainment. - dennphill

And with that, this thread is now closed.
As NowhereTV is a private channel, it is NOT supported by Roku.

Also of note is the Forum Rules which expressly states:

Flaming/Trolling/Spamming:

• Roku will not tolerate flaming (ie, posting hostile remarks against other forum members) or trolling (ie, deliberately posting topics or responses designed to incite other forum users into an argument)

Also:  Welcome to a vacation from the forums.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan