Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ttmorris

Re: The Roku can't "see" my wireless network

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I had the same problem with the Roku not recognizing my network and the screen being blank on the Wireless Network screen. Tried soft reset several times by unplugging it in the back and finally tried the hard reset in the Settings channel. None of these worked for me and I called customer support as suggested and they are sending me a replacement even though I have had the box for over a year. I didn't know I could love Roku more than I already did! That's great customer service! Definitely worth taking a few minutes out of my day and giving them a call.

jpoletti

Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I had this same problem today. I couldn't connect wirelessly anymore. The MAC address was all zeros for wireless, but had what looked like a valid MAC address for the wired network. I connected "(wired") my roku to my router and restored from factory settings. When the roku came up, it automatically downloaded the latest software. When the roku reset itself to apply the software, I unplugged it from my wired connection. When the Roku came back up, it was able to "see" my wireless network again and I was able to connect.

I'm guessing that I could have just downloaded the latest software when I connected the roku to my wired network, and didn't need the restore from factory settings.

Jon

ikemajohn

Sat May 28, 2011 7:00 am

Jon you nailed it, thanks very much.

asmgx

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:22 am

more than 8 years and problem still exist !!!!!

That is what we call, crappy quality