Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DeftOne

Re: MLB.tv beta when ??

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:12 pm

lafitefl wrote:
And now am stuck wondering if I should reactivated my mlb subscription on directv? The picture there was always stellar. Am having a hard time believing it will be as good on a Roku. Of course right now I have no picture on roku (MLB).

Expecting the video quality from the Roku to rival that from DirecTV would be a bit unrealistic, IMHO.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps

baseball247

April 15th (MID-APRIL) .....and still no Baseball?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 pm

IT IS OFFICIALLY MID-APRIL, APROX 10:25 PM IN SOUTH TEXAS. MY ROKU PLAYER STILL SAYS "COMING SOON". I AM GETTING VERY SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CHANNEL MESSAGE. I'M NOT A RICH MAN BUT I DO ALL RIGHT FOR MYSELF. I CAN AFFORD TO SPEND $120 FOR A PREMIUM MLB.TV SUBSCRIBTION. I CAN ALSO AFFORD TO BUY A ROKU PLAYER AT ABOUT $100. BUT I'M NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PISS MY HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN FOR SOME SHADY CRAP LIKE THIS. THIS WHOLE THING HAS STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN SINCE IT BEGAN. THIS SITUATION FOR MLB AND ROKU HAS LAWSUIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. FOR NOW, I WILL WATCH WHAT GAMES I CAN ON CABLE TV AND I WILL WATCH SOME ON MY COMPUTER. BUT IF THEY DONT GET THIS MESS CLEANED UP SOME TIME SOON, ROKU AND MLB.TV CAN KISS THERE LITTLE COMPANIES GOODBYE. THE INTERNET BUISNESS CAN BE VERY SHORTLIVED IF YOU DONT DELIVER. AND NOBODY HAS DELIVERED. LAST YEAR I SPENT $200 TO WATCH ALL THE GAMES ON "MLB EXTRA INNINGS" AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING. HAD THE MOST OF FUN OF MY LIFE. I CHOOSE THE ROKU WAY BECAUSE IT WAS A BIT CHEAPER AND SOME OF THE FEATURES SEEMED REALLY COOL AT THE TIME. BUT NOW I'M THINKING THAT THE EXPENSIVE WAY (CABLE) IS ALSO THE SURE-FIRE WAY.

MR. FANTASY BASEBALL 24/7

vmps

Re: April 15th (MID-APRIL) .....and still no Baseball?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 am

j883376 wrote:
baseball247 wrote:
IT IS OFFICIALLY MID-APRIL, APROX 10:25 PM IN SOUTH TEXAS. MY ROKU PLAYER STILL SAYS "COMING SOON". I AM GETTING VERY SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CHANNEL MESSAGE. I'M NOT A RICH MAN BUT I DO ALL RIGHT FOR MYSELF. I CAN AFFORD TO SPEND $120 FOR A PREMIUM MLB.TV SUBSCRIBTION. I CAN ALSO AFFORD TO BUY A ROKU PLAYER AT ABOUT $100. BUT I'M NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PISS MY HARD EARNED MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN FOR SOME SHADY CRAP LIKE THIS. THIS WHOLE THING HAS STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN SINCE IT BEGAN. THIS SITUATION FOR MLB AND ROKU HAS LAWSUIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. FOR NOW, I WILL WATCH WHAT GAMES I CAN ON CABLE TV AND I WILL WATCH SOME ON MY COMPUTER. BUT IF THEY DONT GET THIS MESS CLEANED UP SOME TIME SOON, ROKU AND MLB.TV CAN KISS THERE LITTLE COMPANIES GOODBYE. THE INTERNET BUISNESS CAN BE VERY SHORTLIVED IF YOU DONT DELIVER. AND NOBODY HAS DELIVERED. LAST YEAR I SPENT $200 TO WATCH ALL THE GAMES ON "MLB EXTRA INNINGS" AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING. HAD THE MOST OF FUN OF MY LIFE. I CHOOSE THE ROKU WAY BECAUSE IT WAS A BIT CHEAPER AND SOME OF THE FEATURES SEEMED REALLY COOL AT THE TIME. BUT NOW I'M THINKING THAT THE EXPENSIVE WAY (CABLE) IS ALSO THE SURE-FIRE WAY.

Thanks for giving me a headache.

Loss of the social skills is a side effect of playing fantasy baseball 24/7.

soxfan

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 am

The ALLCAPS isn't fun to read, but it's a good point. This is getting crazily late in the season to not have the product ready.

I'm sure this is in part MLB's fault, but if Roku can't manage good relationships with their suppliers, they're not much use to anyone.

paul2102

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 am

The MLB TV website has been changed from mid April to Late April.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/in ... nerId=ROKU

cwniles

Re: April 15th (MID-APRIL) .....and still no Baseball?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 am

baseball247 wrote:
LAST YEAR I SPENT $200 TO WATCH ALL THE GAMES ON "MLB EXTRA INNINGS" AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING. HAD THE MOST OF FUN OF MY LIFE.

first, I am amazed I was able to withstand your barrage of all caps long enough to get to the part I quoted above. Second, if that is the most fun you have had in your life then I can understand why you are so upset....
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141

cdavis

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 am

I'm just glad there was such great communication to customers who have paid a couple of hundred dollars overall for this service.

Once again, no word from Roku on the beta, no word on the LATEST schedule slip. Ridiculous.

I will never buy a Roku product again, and will actively dissuade folks from doing so.

This is awful service, plain and simple.

ddevonb

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am

soxfan wrote:
The ALLCAPS isn't fun to read, but it's a good point. This is getting crazily late in the season to not have the product ready.

I'm sure this is in part MLB's fault, but if Roku can't manage good relationships with their suppliers, they're not much use to anyone.

This is not in part MLB's fault. This is 100% MLB's fault. Roku is not a programmer and is not responsible for programming. I bought my player last August and the MLB.TV on Roku worked great last season. MLB has failed to meet the deadlines that they promised to Roku. This is not an indicator that Roku can't manage relationships with their suppliers. This is an indication that one of those suppliers didn't meet their deadlines that they promised Roku.

lvporta

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 am

At least I now know I don't have to return to the forums until "late April"...whatever late April means

bsdbum

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am

This is starting to get annoying threads closed because people start to complain and call each other names in frustration of this mess and your surprised ROKU!?!? Why does nobody from ROKU want to fill us in on anything that is going on for real? I bought this box as a gift for a family member who doesn't post in these forums but he has already been told by brian@roku.com he will be notified when the BETA is ready. I also bought a box for myself a few weeks ago with the thought that by the time I received mine he would be working on the BETA (since that's what ROKU customer service said). I can tell you he has not received any BETA instructions yet, and I wont be subscribing to MLB.TV until his is working 100%. The rumor that BETA users are told to keep hush hush is absurd, THERE IS NO BETA being passed around in private period. Any of you fools who say that there already is a BETA no need to respond unless you can PROVE IT with screen shots.

This whole thing smells to high heaven, with the now SECOND major app being advertised on ROKU's website (www/roku.com/nba) to be miss-advertised the public deserves to be informed what ROKU is doing about these issues. Is ROKU going to continue to lie to us? Someone from ROKU needs to make this right.

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 am

bsdbum wrote:
This is starting to get annoying threads closed because people start to complain and call each other names in frustration of this mess and your surprised ROKU!?!? Why does nobody from ROKU want to fill us in on anything that is going on for real? I bought this box as a gift for a family member who doesn't post in these forums but he has already been told by brian@roku.com he will be notified when the BETA is ready. I also bought a box for myself a few weeks ago with the thought that by the time I received mine he would be working on the BETA (since that's what ROKU customer service said). I can tell you he has not received any BETA instructions yet, and I wont be subscribing to MLB.TV until his is working 100%. The rumor that BETA users are told to keep hush hush is absurd, THERE IS NO BETA being passed around in private period. Any of you fools who say that there already is a BETA no need to respond unless you can PROVE IT with screen shots.

This whole thing smells to high heaven, with the now SECOND major app being advertised on ROKU's website (www/roku.com/nba) to be miss-advertised the public deserves to be informed what ROKU is doing about these issues. Is ROKU going to continue to lie to us? Someone from ROKU needs to make this right.

I gather from your post that you are NOT having a problem with the Roku DVP, but are instead having an issue with the MLB channel. This issue has been raised and Roku has made a statement indicating that they are aware of the problem, and are working directly with MLB to rectify the situation. You MAY have better luck getting answers to your questions directly from MLB. Apparently at this point I need to clarify, that I suggest this because the issue is being debated already in another thread, and the realization is, when Roku has something to announce, they will announce it, and screaming about it in THIS forum won't change anything.

You see, there is a little community here, that likes to help folks that come in here looking for help with their Roku DVP. Coming into that little community and raising flower is... Well it's just plain rude, and I'm not sayin' that was anyones intent, but folks,,, it is kinda the inevitable result.

So, I recommend that you continue to monitor these forums for sure, but you might ask your questions of MLB (in the event that you have not already, of course), and JUST PERHAPS, you will get responses there that you are looking for.

bsdbum

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:00 am

philsoft go off yourself. I DO have an issue with my ROKU the MLB channel DOES NOT WORK and also the website says that the NBA channel should work already which it does not. ROKU lies to the public about release dates why do you dodge that fact.
Last edited by bsdbum on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 am

bsdbum wrote:
philsoft go off yourself. I DO have an issue with my ROKU the MLB channel DOES NOT WORK. ROKU lies to people about release dates why do you dodge that fact.

There is really nothing more that I can say to you. If... After having everything patiently explained to you, you still feel the way you feel, then nothing is going to change it. You are certainly entitled to feel however you feel. I don't get it, and undoubtedly never will, but there are lots of people that I don't "Get".

bsdbum

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am

FACT: ROKU has advertised to the public MLB would be ready on opening day. The opening day date has been missed. A new mid-april date has now been advertised.

FACT: ROKU has advertised to the public NBA game time app would be ready when the NBA playoffs begin. The NBA playoffs have already started and still no application.

Even you (philsoft) should be able to "get" the FACTS.

vmps

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:18 am

we need a subforum where people who are just here to rant about watching some game can do so in peace.

note that as a result of this hoopla I will be actively discouraging people from being baseball fans, and will encourage them to take up something less incendiary, like knitting.