Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cwniles

Re: MLB.tv beta when ??

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:21 am

yikes, one of these irate baseball fans with some knitting needles? scary
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141

craig64

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

Hey Gandalf, I mean philsoft, don't let that stop you from replying to every message on threads that don't concern you in the slightest.

Quote from Roku president Anthony Wood: "We are pretty clear about our business model, putting together a complete solution and making sure all the pieces [hardware and software] work well together". Apparently he forgot to tell old man winter philly that their business model goes slightly beyond ensuring the hardware works.

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am

craig64 wrote:
Hey Gandalf, I mean philsoft, don't let that stop you from replying to every message on threads that don't concern you in the slightest.

Quote from Roku president Anthony Wood: "We are pretty clear about our business model, putting together a complete solution and making sure all the pieces [hardware and software] work well together". Apparently he forgot to tell old man winter philly that their business model goes slightly beyond ensuring the hardware works.

Hello Champ,
I still have no idea what you are looking for. I suppose I could go on about how it is YOU who are invading a pretty peaceful forum, but that is a waste of time with you isn't it? You are just spoiling for a fight, and will pretty much say ANYTHING to make that happen. Well, good luck on your quest, I can't say I "Get" what your motivation is, but there are lot's of people I don't "Get".

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 pm

I contacted the California Attorney General's office this morning.

Roku advertised the entire MLB season would be available on the Roku dvp. Roku advertised this as fact until the day before opening day when they made the first announcement that the MLB.tv channel would not be available as promised.

Many people (my self included) purchased the Roku dvp expressly for the purpose of watching the MLB.tv games. I had no interest in MLB.tv on the computer and with no cable or satellite the Extra Innings package was not available to me.

My purchase was based solely on Roku advertisements of the channels availability. I had zero interest in Netflix or any of the offered channels.

I have asked the Attorney General's office to look into Roku corporate documents and ascertain if and when they became aware of the delay in the MLB.tv channel launch and if aware that the channel launch was delayed that they continued to act in a deceptive and possibly illegal way to entice further sales by failing to disclose the true facts.

The roar of silence from Roku regarding the issue of non-delivery of promised MLB and NBA content channels is deafening.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

KennyJ

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Yeah... THAT is completely ridiculous. Just return the frickin' device already. You've got to be kidding me. Being upset is one thing... Reporting this to the attorney general as fraud though is insanity.

DeftOne

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:31 pm

bsdbum wrote:
The rumor that BETA users are told to keep hush hush is absurd, THERE IS NO BETA being passed around in private period. Any of you fools who say that there already is a BETA no need to respond unless you can PROVE IT with screen shots.

Ever heard of a non-disclosure agreement? They're pretty standard in most beta testing programs.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps

bsdbum

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

There is no reason anyone would have loyalty to keep quiet about a beta release. Proof of a beta or it does not exist. Period.

abozich

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:00 pm

bsdbum wrote:
There is no reason anyone would have loyalty to keep quiet about a beta release. Proof of a beta or it does not exist. Period.

FWIW I'm hearing BETA tomorrow.

dnic24

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Now - mlb.com/roku is saying late April - LOL this is getting lame

craig64

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I would encourage anyone who is disappointed by the complete absence of any meaningful or formal communication regarding the failure to launch the Roku channel repeatedly as advertised to contact:

matthew.gould@mlb.com
Matthew Gould
VP, Corporate Communications
Major League Baseball Advanced Media

Hey phillyboy maybe you could make another podcast in your bathrobe tonight about how awesome Roku and send it to him.

DeftOne

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

bsdbum wrote:

Loyalty to a beta? It's called a non-disclosure agreement because you are not ALLOWED to disclose anything or you will lose the privledge of being a beta tester. Loyalty has nothing to do with it.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:23 pm

bsdbum wrote:

For your information, we have been running a closed beta of around 100 users for the past 7 days. These users have kindly provided their time testing beta software that has been at times fairly unstable.They get no compensation and have been long time Roku beta testers who have been paving the way to the open public beta, doing a lot of the grunt work reporting numerous technical issues and providing feedback. Based on their efforts, we are now at a point where the open beta is about to commence in the next several hours. RokuBrian, who is running the public beta will post the details this evening. Anyone who had sent their serial number to him will receive the open beta version of software.

rthomas

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 am

So I had signed up for the beta and tried updating firmware this morning. My player is now running version 2.5 build 382. is this the beta version? And if so how do I get the MLB channel?

bsdbum

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:43 am

"For your information, we have been running a closed beta of around 100 users for the past 7 days"

Well that's great news thanks... What was the hold up? The regular season has been underway for longer than 7 days and preseason has been running for a month before that?

jcmolet

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 am

bsdbum wrote:
"For your information, we have been running a closed beta of around 100 users for the past 7 days"

Well that's great news thanks... What was the hold up? The regular season has been underway for longer than 7 days and preseason has been running for a month before that?

Does it really matter what the hold up was at this point? Moreover, I am quite sure everyone knows the season has been underway for more than seven days and the preseason some time before that. At this point, isn't it enough to know that MLB and Roku are doing all they can to iron out any technical issues and make the programming available to all that desire it?