Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

marhil
Topic Author

MLB.tv beta when ??

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 am

I'm starting to get really nervous about MLB.tv on Roku being ready by mid April. Today is April 9th and still not even a beta yet or estimated beta date. There will probably not be a beta today or this weekend. Monday will be April 12th and probably still no beta. When a beta is released, how long will the beta test period last ? I sent in a request to be an MLB.tv beta tester over a month ago and then again a week ago. Still haven't had any replies with instructions. I keep checking my email hoping to see a message from the beta team with instructions. I don't see how they can say MLB.tv will be up by mid April. Next it will be early May...then late May etc. Hope I'm wrong, I just want to watch baseball on my Roku not my computer. I would never have to subscribed to MLB.tv just to wach on my PC. I paid to watch on Roku. I would love to see
some kind of firm date for the beta or at least better details of the delay.

jcmolet

Re: MLB.tv beta when ??

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:16 am

I believe the latest word was mid to late April.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 am

marhil wrote:
Today is April 9th and still not even a beta yet or estimated beta date. There will probably not be a beta today or this weekend.

Unless you're in the beta, you have no way of knowing if there is one going on.

marhil
Topic Author

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 am

kc8pql wrote:
marhil wrote:
Today is April 9th and still not even a beta yet or estimated beta date. There will probably not be a beta today or this weekend.

I signed up 2 times to be in the beta. I signed up the first time right after they made a request for beta testers. I signed up again about a week ago when they requested beta testers. Sent in my information and was told I would be a beta tester.

kc8pql

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:08 am

marhil wrote:
kc8pql wrote:
marhil wrote:

I signed up 2 times to be in the beta. I signed up the first time right after they made a request for beta testers. I signed up again about a week ago when they requested beta testers. Sent in my information and was told I would be a beta tester.

First let me say that I'm not in a MLB beta, but this is how Roku's testing usually works. They bring beta testers in waves, starting with people they've worked with before and then, as the testing goes on, bringing in more, fifty or a hundred at a time, as fixes are made. Usually, everyone that asks gets in, but not all at the same time.

eding

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:17 am

Unless it's against the beta rules, can anyone out there tell us if they are involved in an MLB.tv beta?

jcmolet

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am

eding wrote:
Unless it's against the beta rules, can anyone out there tell us if they are involved in an MLB.tv beta?

The beta is somewhat like Vegas....

MLB Fan

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm

jcmolet wrote:

Thank you for that laugh, I needed it. :)
Favorite channels: MLB (gotta see the A's and Giants), Netflix, Tune In Radio (for KCSM) and NowhereTV for international news

derrickmauldin

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm

jcmolet wrote:
eding wrote:

...and like Fight Club :wink:

dakoda29

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I hate to say it but the deafening silence says it all. I'm not holding my breathe for this "beta" test group. I really hope I am wrong but this does not look good. One of the emails from Roku Brian said a beta group would be up this weekend. It's Friday night and no beta.

philsoft

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 pm

dakoda29 wrote:
I hate to say it but the deafening silence says it all. I'm not holding my breathe for this "beta" test group. I really hope I am wrong but this does not look good. One of the emails from Roku Brian said a beta group would be up this weekend. It's Friday night and no beta.

The weekend doesn't end on Friday night. IF he said the beta group would be up this weekend, PLEASE give them until the end of the weekend.

Steviex2Shoes

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Just got an email that I got into the beta program at 4:40pm today Central Time. Although its not saying its available yet.

dakoda29

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Yep, I got an email too. Hope my earlier post is going to be wrong ....

Dear Roku/MLB.TV Customer,

You are receiving this email because you have been selected as a beta-tester of the upcoming MLB.TV Channel for the Roku player. Our engineering team has been working around the clock to provide the best experience possible, and we'll need your help to ensure this!

Your Roku serial number is in our database and we will match the email you sent us for your paid MLB.TV subscription with the serial number. If the email address you are receiving this message from is not associated with your MLB.TV subscription, please let us know ASAP. Once we are ready to release the beta, you will be the first to know via detailed instructions sent by email. That email will provide all the necessary information on how to upgrade your Roku player, install the MLB.TV Beta Channel and submit your feedback prior to a full public release.

lafitefl

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

This has become very frustrating. It's now Tuesday the 13th and no Mlb on Roku. Having purposely purchased the Roku box and MLB.tv for the express purpose of watching baseball I now have come to the conclusion that it has all been a big mistake! Obviously I could never recommend this for anyone else. And now am stuck wondering if I should reactivated my mlb subscription on directv? The picture there was always stellar. Am having a hard time believing it will be as good on a Roku. Of course right now I have no picture on roku (MLB). How long does one wait? When will the beta be released? Very frustrating indeed. Not to mention all the false advertising from both Mlb.tv & Roku. Feel like I've been taken for a ride........

Brad I.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

lafitefl wrote:
This has become very frustrating. It's now Tuesday the 13th and no Mlb on Roku. Having purposely purchased the Roku box and MLB.tv for the express purpose of watching baseball I now have come to the conclusion that it has all been a big mistake! Obviously I could never recommend this for anyone else. And now am stuck wondering if I should reactivated my mlb subscription on directv? The picture there was always stellar. Am having a hard time believing it will be as good on a Roku. Of course right now I have no picture on roku (MLB). How long does one wait? When will the beta be released? Very frustrating indeed. Not to mention all the false advertising from both Mlb.tv & Roku. Feel like I've been taken for a ride........

Follow the instructions in this thread to be added to the beta test group... viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27061
It sounds like your issue will be addressed soon.