Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

fredisrad

Re: MLB.TV Public Beta Feedback

Fri May 14, 2010 5:50 pm

I just created an account to vent my frustration. This mlbtv on roku is compleatly useless. I hate watching stuff on my computer but I guess I have to. Everytime I try to watch a game I can enjoy it for about 2 minutes. Then it rebuffs. Or it will tell me the game is in a commecial when it is not. Maybe next time you release a product maybe you should see if it works first. I am feeling very cheated.

TheInsomniac

Fri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm

My player isn't working at all today. I tried deleting and re-adding the channels, but that did nothing. I get nothing but the 'problem with your Roku player... restart' msg. I stayed home tonight to watch the game - no idea what the flower I was thinking, assuming I'd have something that I've paid more than $200 to get!
Roku 1 SD (1st gen)
Roku 2 XS (2nd gen)
Roku 3 (3rd gen)

paul2102

Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Once again, trying to watch the live Yankees- Twins game. Reload lockups ever 3 minutes.

So much for MLBTV!

wpbear

Fri May 14, 2010 6:47 pm

paul2102 wrote:
Once again, trying to watch the live Yankees- Twins game. Reload lockups ever 3 minutes.

So much for MLBTV!

Northern VA, Cox Cabe 25mbps

Yankees YES feed looking good tonight.

TheInsomniac

Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Roku + MLB = FAIL
Roku 1 SD (1st gen)
Roku 2 XS (2nd gen)
Roku 3 (3rd gen)

wpbear

Fri May 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Just had a rebuffer, then play 1 sec, rebuffer over again loop. I tried this a few days ago and forgot to mention it, I find if you get caught in this loop, just fast forward a tiny bit and then the loop stops and it will rebuffer and then play normal again. It is like an old record player skipping, nudge it and it starts to play again.

Chris73

Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 pm

So, for the first time in two weeks I caught a Friday night game. Sox-Tigers: caught it from the beginning. Buffered twice, both times it got stuck on the Loading screen, forcing me to restart the Roku. When it came back both times, the game loaded immediately. Much more positive experience the last three nights.

Picture quality was good...all in all, I believe my issues with MLB.tv on Roku are behind me. But we'll see....

DrKeith

Fri May 14, 2010 7:59 pm

No problems except minor rebuffering a couple of times on the Boston feed of the Detroit/Boston game.

Now I get stuck on the loading screen for the SF feed of HOU/SF. Had to unplug and restart twice.

Was able to get the Houston feed okay.

domeboys

Fri May 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Cardinals-Reds tonight did not have rebuffering, but the video was several seconds ahead of the audio. Had not seen that out of sync problem before. Because it was stable, I stuck with it. Bad breath is better than none. Perhaps that is the Roku motto as they push this buggy offering as being generally available to the unwitting public.

After that game was complete, I switched to Phillies-Brewers. Not good at all. Had a series of rebuffering problems. One, at 10:45 PM EDT, required me to back out and come back in. At least five more rebuffering delays since then. Seems to be on both clubs' feeds as switching did not help. Had a second lock up with the loading bar at 1/3 way, just as before. This time at 11:05 PM. Now getting repeated playback errors with the game in the top of the ninth inning. Unplug-replugged the box. Got back in just in time to see the end of the game.

Why isn't this getting better?

wpbear

Fri May 14, 2010 8:23 pm

dodgers getting rebuffers every few batters. It doesnt loop or die, but after the third time it happens in the inning it gets annoying.

figaro

Fri May 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Friday Night
Giants/Astros (live) - missed entire first inning trying to get the game to load. Eventually got the "playback error', unplugged etc. game finally started but had to go with the SD feed because the SF feed wouldn't work. Pic quality alright but I've seen it better. Top of the third, Roku starts the buffer/reload madness over and over, at one point the picture came back on and I was presented with a tiled screen of half-a-dozen different images, which is something I'd never seen happen before. After a few minutes of this malfunctioning I got the "playback error" screen again. Unplug and restart, by now it's the fourth inning, I've missed the first and third, this is ridiculous. BTW SF feed still won't work, watching SD channel.

I honestly haven't seen one bit of improvement in the last two weeks. I'm beginning to doubt that anything else is even being done. If things don't soon improve I may have to go the Boxee PC/TV route, which is something I'd rather avoid, but Boxee, though not perfect, is far more dependable than Roku.

wpbear

Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 pm

I dont think they are doing any more work on it either. What can they do, buy more servers for mlb.com or make roku boxes with a billion times more ram so the buffer is bigger. It sucks that there is nothing else being done but its better most of time than nothing for mlb games.

fangpeemike

Fri May 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Well, it's a Friday night and I figure it's a good time to get a flawless Giants/Astros game. Wrong. Won't even load. Since MLB is referring us to Roku and Roku is referring us back to MLB, I'm now at the point where I think it's time to take it another level. Unless someone is willing to come out in an official capacity and give us the truth, we need to do something to get answers.

So far I've come up with buying a pitchfork, lighting a torch, and going somewhere. I haven't thought this through much. Any other ideas? Massive chargebacks for our Roku players and MLB subscriptions perhaps?

BTW, MLB.tv on my computer works fine. MLB on Boxee on my computer works as well. Personally, so far I think the problem is with Roku.

pnoyes

Sat May 15, 2010 12:18 pm

After watching almost the whole Toronto home feed today, it is now stuck in an infinite 'Loading...' loop in the bottom of the 8th. Grr...... at least Ricky Romero is on my fantasy team.

wpbear

Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

This is the worst piece of @!#$% idea. I understand if a rebuffer happens, but I was in inning 7 of Yankees YES feed and a rebuffer kicked me out, the game in real time was in the 9th and ended during the rebuffer crap, so now the game is over and guess what the archive isnt available yet so I am screwed to watch the rest of the game for 90 mins. FU ROKU and MLB.