Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikemundy

Re: MLB.TV Public Beta Feedback

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 pm

PRStoetzer wrote:
9:10-9:15, the feed dies. Second night in a row.

Have you updated the ROKU firmware to gen 672?

Jim-in-Tucon

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 pm

On tonight's Toronto-Colorado game, had an acceptable feed for three innings. Then it was the all-too-familiar loading/buffering/disaster, with only a few seconds of audio and video. The game played OK on my computer, but Roku tonight -- and much this week -- has been useless and frustrating.

LloydLungs

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:14 pm

For the record I do have the latest update and still had the problem tonight. However, unlike the first night or two, it seems to have rallied within the hour and didn't last the rest of the evening. An improvement though still not acceptable.

Jobber

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:50 am

I got through the first two outs of the game today before the first loading screen appeared -- I was frustrated enough with it by the end of the bottom of the first to turn it off.

Great product.

twodub

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 am

My patience has worn thin at this point, and I'm starting to regret my purchase of the Roku for mlb.tv. I sincerely thought the issues would be ironed out by now. I have updated my roku, and the problems have pretty much gotten worse. It's embarassing to have people over to watch a game and have the Roku constantly go through the "loading" issues and then finally lock up and tell me it cant get a video stream and that I may have to cut the power to the Roku, and when I do it doesn't fix the issue. I've had to resort to hooking my laptop up to the tv to watch the game totally defeating the purpose of having the Roku box in the first place. What's worse is the laptop does it even better, way less lag, and no loading issues, not giving me much incentive to use the Roku. With the Roku there is no consistency in it having issues either, it appears to happen randomly throughout a game, with the only consistency being that it happens every game at some point.

It seems to me that when your progress starts going backwards, it is time to reevaluate how you're approaching the issue.

buds_4

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am

twodub wrote:
My patience has worn thin at this point...

I have to agree. I haven't posted here until now, though I've been patiently making the most of this situation since the beginning of the season. It's high time for both MLB and Roku to fess up and tell us what the problem is-- and what they're going to do about it.

mikemundy

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:50 am

NYY vs Astros.
Constant rebuffering about every two minutes since the beginning of the game.
Unwatchable.
IT'S JUNE 13. WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

jake441

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:03 pm

ABSOLUTE CRAP TODAY.

chriscom

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 pm

seven minutes, five reloads so far on sox-phils

make that eight

Update: four more reloads in about two minutes. I'm signing off, will follow the Sox on XM radio today.

and yep I have the latest 676 build
Last edited by chriscom on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul2102

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Same here! Latest updates installed, Yahkees- Astros, Constant "loading please wait". Then it finally locked up on that screen. Tried Washington-Cleveland, same problem. I finally quit, this is not good. Is this still in beta??

Jim-in-Tucon

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Colorado-Toronto. Two-to-ten seconds of baseball, ten-to-twenty seconds reloading... or it just freezes. C'mon, Roku and MLB. This could be a great way to follow a team, but we're now sinking to Bulgarian Post Office levels of customer service. Please let us know what's going on and when we can expect to get what we paid for. Thanks.

rdlink

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:42 pm

$129 for MLB.tv (in spite of the experience I had last year). $129 for a new Roku. And the product is awful, almost halfway through the season. I keep getting reloads on the Rockies-Bluejays game. Constant buffering. There have been four runs scored in the first inning of the game, and I have missed all four of them because of this crap. This is miserable. The other day I get an email telling me that I was going to get a 5% discount on Netflix because of a problem with my Roku and Netflix experience. Funny part is that Netflix on the Roku is working like a champ. It's MLB on the Roku that's pretty much unusable. No surprise there. Only MLB.tv could f-up Something this bad. I should be getting a 50% discount on my MLB package!

Come on, guys. The questions are valid. Can we get an answer? Is this still in beta? Do you know when/if you'll get this working right? Something, anything is better than radio silence?

julie10128

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Mets/O's is driving me nuts. The box has reset itself at least twice today alone. Yesterday, it acted up during Mets/O's and Braves/Twins. It's been happening for at least a week. It had been going pretty well until the last week or 10 days, but now it's almost unwatchable. The box reset itself and, when I came back, I found I'd missed a 4-run rally. Not good.

DannyGlover

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Been having issues all day with it. Getting the loading please wait. Also got kicked out completely a few times.

I only have tried the Phillies vs. Sox game. Been trying both feeds.

Frustrating.

twa318

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:10 pm

SADLY, I'm back on this forum again instead of watching the Phillies vs Redsox game.

I'm only in the bottom of the FIRST inning and I'm experiencing "Load, Please Wait"every 2-3 minutes.

I'm on the lastest software.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH What a fool I am
Phillies Fan. MLB.TV Subscriber. Comcast 12mbps Cable. Wireless. 42" Panasonic S1 Plasma. Roku HD