Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rsromeo
Topic Author

CHECK OUT OUR NEW CHANNEL FOR CHRISTIAN MUSIC VIDEOS

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi Everyone!

We've just launched our first private channel called Christian Video Pix which features Christian/Gospel music videos. The channel features several videos from various artists - some vids are old having been released within the past 4 or 5 years, and some are new. We will be adding more current videos soon.

The channel features all types of music so there is something for almost everyone. The channel is FREE and will always be free. Its mostly geared for SD right now but we hope to add HD content in near future.

Please feel free to check it out. The code is DKHAU.

Thanks and hope you like it.

Village Idiot

Re: CHECK OUT OUR NEW CHANNEL FOR CHRISTIAN MUSIC VIDEOS

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 am

I LOVE THIS CHANNEL thank you, thank you, thank you.
the welcome video was kinda goofy. I thought it was suppose to explain things.
No biggie i skipped out of it fast and into great music.
This is the best channel since Netflix

campbellwang

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 am

I have not looked at this yet but why is it a Private channel?
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com

Village Idiot

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 am

YEAH i agree. If that lousy Liberty News Radio can be placed in the Channel Store then this one should be too !!!
What is good for one is good for all.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 am

Village Idiot wrote:
YEAH i agree. If that lousy Liberty News Radio can be placed in the Channel Store then this one should be too !!!

Because being in the channel store requires review by Roku to be sure your channel works and that you have the rights to distribute the content. Private channels have no such restrictions, no hoops to jump through.
Last edited by kc8pql on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Village Idiot

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am

well its not my channel so i don't worry about rights to distribute the content.
And there might be some legal leeway there just as an AM/FM station can play music or even audio
they don't legally maybe that legal ruling applies here ?
I'm not a lawyer nor do i pretend to know the law.
I just feel its wrong that a hate station can make it into the channel store and a decent clean music channel cannot.
It just seems wrong no matter how you explain it.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
well its not my channel so i don't worry about rights to distribute the content.
And there might be some legal leeway there just as an AM/FM station can play music or even audio

As an end user, I don't worry about who owns the content either, but Roku, as a supplier or conduit to content has good reason to be cautious.

Radio stations do pay royalties to copyright owners. That's what ASCAP and BMI do. They act as an agent to collect use and performance fees for the artist and copyright owner.

senorgregster

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
I'm not a lawyer nor do i pretend to know the law.
I just feel its wrong that a hate station can make it into the channel store and a decent clean music channel cannot.
It just seems wrong no matter how you explain it.

My ***guess*** is that if they want it in the channel store they will jump through the hoops to do it but for now the path of least resistance is a private channel.

Village Idiot

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm sure you're right that going private is easier.
But if you really want people to use your channel wouldn't you still want to be in the channel store ?
Outside of in here and a few other similar forums/groups how would anyone know about the private channels ?

senorgregster

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
I'm sure you're right that going private is easier.
But if you really want people to use your channel wouldn't you still want to be in the channel store ?
Outside of in here and a few other similar forums/groups how would anyone know about the private channels ?

Two other good reasons:
1) This forum is full of users who can beta test the channel and help improve/suggest new features before releasing to the broader public
2) The developer can gauge how well the channel will be accepted by this type of private release and see if it is worth all the effort of getting of making it public.

Probably a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

Village Idiot

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:58 pm

I know what you mean i already sent the developer a private comment about how i enjoyed his channel.
Along with a request for a couple of music artists.
Not sure if he can do that but the artists i asked about are like the ones in his channel.
From what i've learned i doubt the channel will ever get into the channel store any time soon.
thanks for the insight.

RokuPatrick

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 am

kc8pql wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:

Because being in the channel store requires review by Roku to be sure your channel works and that you have the rights to distribute the content. Private channels have no such restrictions, no hoops to jump through.

We don't review private channels, but developers are still required to have rights or permission to distribute the content. See paragraphs 7F and 8A

Village Idiot

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 am

Thank you for adding Amy Grant and Jars of Clay
love them both.
What an awesome selection you have.
Keep up the good work.

rsromeo
Topic Author

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Just wanted to send a thank you to all who have reviewed the channel and for adding it to your databases and lists. Also, thank you to those of you who left feedback. Appreciate it!

campbellwang

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 pm

rsromeo wrote:
Just wanted to send a thank you to all who have reviewed the channel and for adding it to your databases and lists. Also, thank you to those of you who left feedback. Appreciate it!

So is your channel going to be in the channel store?
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com