Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

orthodoxdrew
Topic Author

unofficial roku forum

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 am

i created an unofficial roku forum on reddit. address is:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

use it however you want. this forum is fine but it's always nice to have an 'unofficial' place to talk about things where you don't have to worry about the owners of the product moderating the discussions.
Last edited by orthodoxdrew on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

robertm

Re: unofficial roku forum

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:37 am

They are really relaxed on moderation here. I am not sure what I would need to discuss they don't allow.

orthodoxdrew
Topic Author

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

robertm wrote:
They are really relaxed on moderation here. I am not sure what I would need to discuss they don't allow.

then don't use it.

Village Idiot

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

All i saw a message saying
there doesn't seem to be anything here

orthodoxdrew
Topic Author

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

Village Idiot wrote:
All i saw a message saying
there doesn't seem to be anything here

yeah, that's because there aren't any posts yet :wink:

Village Idiot

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:49 am

I'm unfamilar with that type of forum.
You might need topics first ?
sounds great a forum open for debate.

RoadRanger

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 pm

I hear there's one over on YahooGroups too ;) :
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roku ... ideoPlayer
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database

orthodoxdrew
Topic Author

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm

RoadRanger wrote:
I hear there's one over on YahooGroups too ;) :
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roku ... ideoPlayer

:D

Village Idiot

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:13 am

Isn't that cool i'm a member of that one too. 8)

KennyJ

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 am

It seems the Roku moderators only close discussions that turn into childish name-callings. If that's all I'm missing from this forum, then I don't think I need a more relaxed place to go.

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am

KennyJ wrote:
It seems the Roku moderators only close discussions that turn into childish name-callings. If that's all I'm missing from this forum, then I don't think I need a more relaxed place to go.

As one of the admins here, I will reiterate this point. As a policy, we do not delete or edit posts that are critical or negative towards Roku. The only instance where posts get deleted is when users go out of their way to insult other users. Even then, there is a lot of leeway in these cases. Probably too much in some people's opinion, but the point is, as long as people post responsibly, opinions, both positive and negative are welcome here.

senorgregster

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 pm

RokuJamesL wrote:
KennyJ wrote:

As one of the admins here, I will reiterate this point. As a policy, we do not delete or edit posts that are critical or negative towards Roku. The only instance where posts get deleted is when users go out of their way to insult other users. Even then, there is a lot of leeway in these cases. Probably too much in some people's opinion, but the point is, as long as people post responsibly, opinions, both positive and negative are welcome here.

I have been very impressed at what you allow to be posted. Very open. I really don't see the need for any other forum but perhaps some do.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm

senorgregster wrote:
RokuJamesL wrote:
KennyJ wrote:

I have been very impressed at what you allow to be posted. Very open. I really don't see the need for any other forum.

+1

Plunderer

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:37 pm

RokuJamesL wrote:
KennyJ wrote:

As an outsider, I'd say you guys do this well.

I see no need for another forum.

-P
Main 3100X/HDMI
Backup 2400X/HDMI
And a few older ones...

orthodoxdrew
Topic Author

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 am

i don't expect the reddit forum to take off immediately, and that yahoo forum looks great. it's nice to see there's interest in discussing development outside of the 'official' channels. no harm intended to be sure.