Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 9
 
GaryCN
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Livonia MI

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Re this can't give you any guidance on your SiriusXMStreamer setup without more details on what you mean by "for unknown reasons that has failed" but this isn't the correct forum for that, so please PM me with those details.

I'll grab a screen shot and PM it or post in the other Forum I was getting a red error message in the lower right but I'm not even getting that today. I may try to uninstall it and reinstall and see what happens. But thanks for the Roku info, I'll thy those suggestions.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
 
dlcrouch
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:31 am

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:46 pm

is there someway to directly tune to a XM channel number? I wanted to check out the seasonal Christmas channels - 4,10,23,28,77.
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:14 pm

dlcrouch wrote:
is there someway to directly tune to a XM channel number? I wanted to check out the seasonal Christmas channels - 4,10,23,28,77.

Not currently, but that's a good idea! Are those seasonal channels available via the XM web player?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

TheEndless wrote:
dlcrouch wrote:
is there someway to directly tune to a XM channel number? I wanted to check out the seasonal Christmas channels - 4,10,23,28,77.

Not currently, but that's a good idea! Are those seasonal channels available via the XM web player?

For what it's worth, the Holiday channels can be accessed in the current Sirius|XM channel via the following:

Holly (Sirius 3/XM 23) - Sirius XM Love (under Pop)
Holiday Traditions (Sirius 4/XM 4) - 40s on 4 (under Pop)
Holiday Pops (Sirius 79/XM 77) - Sirius XM Pops (under Classical)
Country Christmas (Sirius 62/XM 10) - The Roadhouse (under Country)
Radio Hanukkah (Sirius 76/XM 28) - Escape (under Pop)

Note that only Holly and Holiday Traditions are currently streaming holiday music. Holiday Pops and Radio Hanukkah start on December 1st, and Country Christmas starts on December 10th.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
xzi
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm

I got it working very well with Orb Caster, but it sounds like the 32kbps stream, not the XM Premium Online at 128k. Is there a way to make sure it's connecting at the high-bandwidth setting like you can with the XMRO app itself?

Thanks!
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:01 pm

xzi wrote:
I got it working very well with Orb Caster, but it sounds like the 32kbps stream, not the XM Premium Online at 128k. Is there a way to make sure it's connecting at the high-bandwidth setting like you can with the XMRO app itself?

Thanks!

The channel logs you directly into the web player, so it should use whatever settings you have configured there. There is no way in the channel itself to force a bandwidth.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
Technotiger
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi,

I'm having some issues getting the Sirius XM Channel working. I am using the Orb Caster on my iMac running Mac OS X 10.6. Within the channel, I have verified my login information for both XM.com and orb.com. Both pass the credential tests without issue. I have verified that Orb Caster is running on the iMac. I even shared my iTunes library to Orb and can play the music on other systems around my house. I am receiving the following error when I try and play a channel on the Sirius XM channel: "Error: Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, Orb Caster is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel."

Any ideas of what I might be missing? I even lowered the firewall on my iMac. I checked to make sure I can login and play the channels online through the XM web site. Any help is appreciated. Looks like a great channel!

Thanks,
John
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Technotiger wrote:
Hi,

I'm having some issues getting the Sirius XM Channel working. I am using the Orb Caster on my iMac running Mac OS X 10.6. Within the channel, I have verified my login information for both XM.com and orb.com. Both pass the credential tests without issue. I have verified that Orb Caster is running on the iMac. I even shared my iTunes library to Orb and can play the music on other systems around my house. I am receiving the following error when I try and play a channel on the Sirius XM channel: "Error: Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, Orb Caster is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel."

Any ideas of what I might be missing? I even lowered the firewall on my iMac. I checked to make sure I can login and play the channels online through the XM web site. Any help is appreciated. Looks like a great channel!

Thanks,
John

This may sound strange, but could you try re-entering your XM credentials in all caps and see if it makes a difference?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
Technotiger
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 pm

TheEndless wrote:
This may sound strange, but could you try re-entering your XM credentials in all caps and see if it makes a difference?


Thanks for the response, TheEndless. Believe it or not I got it working by removing the channel and then re-adding the channel to my Roku. Works great, I love the interface. The only thing I've noticed is that the music doesn't quite sound like it is at 128kbps. I do have the high-quality set on my XM player at XM.com.

Thanks,
John
 
jr461
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 am

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:44 am

Is there any to rearrange the favorites, just as we can now do on the Roku home screen?
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 am

jr461 wrote:
Is there any to rearrange the favorites, just as we can now do on the Roku home screen?

Not currently, sorry. The favorites are arranged in the same order that you add them, so you could remove each and re-add them in a different order.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:30 pm

TheEndless wrote:
The Holiday channels can be accessed in the current Sirius|XM channel via the following:

Holly (Sirius 3/XM 23) - Sirius XM Love (under Pop)
Holiday Traditions (Sirius 4/XM 4) - 40s on 4 (under Pop)
Holiday Pops (Sirius 79/XM 77) - Sirius XM Pops (under Classical)
Country Christmas (Sirius 62/XM 10) - The Roadhouse (under Country)
Radio Hanukkah (Sirius 76/XM 28) - Escape (under Pop)

Note that only Holly and Holiday Traditions are currently streaming holiday music. Holiday Pops and Radio Hanukkah start on December 1st, and Country Christmas starts on December 10th.

A small correction to this. Since the Roku channel uses the online streams, Holly is actually playing on Limited Engagements (under Pop), instead of Sirius XM Love like it is via satellite.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
RSBasch
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I need some help. I am running Windows 7 with TVersity installed. When I try to access Sirius via the Roku player, i am asked for username and PW. Although they work fine on several computers on my network and elsewhere, Roku reports an error in my credentials. I have no idea what to do. I have tried removing the Sirius Channel and reinstalling it without any improvement. Any suggestions?
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:14 pm

RSBasch wrote:
I need some help. I am running Windows 7 with TVersity installed. When I try to access Sirius via the Roku player, i am asked for username and PW. Although they work fine on several computers on my network and elsewhere, Roku reports an error in my credentials. I have no idea what to do. I have tried removing the Sirius Channel and reinstalling it without any improvement. Any suggestions?

If I'm not mistaken, both the username and password are case sensitive for Sirius, so you'll want to make sure you get the casing right for both.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
RSBasch
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:53 pm

I am using the same username and PW that allows me to log in to Sirius on my computer. When I tried removing and reinstalling the channel, the username was already filled in when I reinstalled the channel indicating the at the removal was not "clean". How did it retain the username? Where is this information stored?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests