Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jsf539

Re: [Channel] Sirius|XM Internet Radio (SXM)

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm also having this problem. I noticed it for the first time yesterday morning.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Nontech wrote:
I had been accessing SiriusXM using Orb and then it stopped working. My assumption was that Orb was not working, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I have Orb running, but it keeps telling me that Orb is not running. So if I can't get Orb to run, I cannot get SiriusXM to function. I have never been able to get TVersity to work on my network, so am stuck with Orb. Any tips on how to get Orb uninstalled and reinstalled so I can get back to square one on this?

If you originally had Orb 2.x installed, and installed 3.x when you "reinstalled", then you'll need to enable remote access, which was enabled by default previously. Open the Orb Caster control panel, switch to the Users tab, and make sure the "Enable Remote Access" option is checked. If you're prompted to create a new account, that username/password is what you should use in the Orb settings of the Roku channel.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:36 pm

I have posted a step-by-step walkthrough on how to install and configure Orb Caster for use with the Sirius|XM channel for the Roku. You can find it here: http://www.permanence.com/roku/siriusxm/orb_setup.htm
Please let me know if you have any questions...
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

osu1357

Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I noticed on Wed that SiriusXM merged their channels so if you are a Sirius subscriber or XM subscriber the channel line up is the same now ... I noticed that this messed up many of the channels on the Roku SiriusXM app. For example I am hearing Rap music on Alt Nation (which normally plays alternative music).. I also noticed that the channel logos are not the standard SiriusXM logos .. The artwork has changed (looks generic) ...

What happened?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I will be looking into the channel re-ordering this weekend, and will post here and on my website when I have an update.

donbga

Fri May 06, 2011 9:06 am

Unfortunately I discovered that the channel list or channels played over the internet don't match what I can receive from my sat. receiver in my car.

For example Fox News isn't broadcast over the Sirius/XM internet stream.

That killed my interest.

dellsweig

Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 am

TheEndless wrote:
I will be looking into the channel re-ordering this weekend, and will post here and on my website when I have an update.

THANKS for all you do!!!!!

Will be looking forward to the update
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sun May 08, 2011 11:02 am

TheEndless wrote:

I've made some good progress on the Sirius side of things, but the XM side isn't cooperating. There are a number of channels that don't appear to be streaming the same for XM (ex. the ViRUS), so I may not be able to get them back. :?

Bgrubb1

Sun May 08, 2011 3:47 pm

TheEndless
The Visrus plays for me on the XM Online player on channel 105 and shows as a online available channel

105 the ViRUS

http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup
BUT
It does not play on a Soundbridge using SiriusXMStreamer

But you probably already know that :D
It shows as only being available with the "Premier" package, not the standard package
..Barry

Bgrubb1

Sun May 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Should have also said, I have the "Select" package not the "Premier" It might work is you had credentials for a "Premier" account, and I have no clue why it is currently working for my "Select" package using the online player
..Barry

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sun May 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Bgrubb1 wrote:
TheEndless
The Visrus plays for me on the XM Online player on channel 105 and shows as a online available channel

105 the ViRUS

http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup
BUT
It does not play on a Soundbridge using SiriusXMStreamer

But you probably already know that :D
It shows as only being available with the "Premier" package, not the standard package
..Barry

I can't get the Virus to play under an XM account, only Sirius. That's the main XM issue I'm trying to figure out a workaround for, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. The online player uses completely different encrypted streams ever since they introduced the Flash player, so the availability there unfortunately doesn't apply... :(

osu1357

Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Any updates on the XM channel list fix? I still am unable to correctly receive any pop stations (i.e. Pop2K, Pulse, etc etc) ....

TheEndless
Topic Author

Fri May 13, 2011 4:55 pm

osu1357 wrote:
Any updates on the XM channel list fix? I still am unable to correctly receive any pop stations (i.e. Pop2K, Pulse, etc etc) ....

I'm still working on it. Most of the streams are still available for Sirius subscribers, but there are about 50 channels that are no longer available for XM users via the legacy streams that this channel uses.

osu1357

Fri May 13, 2011 5:52 pm

I guess I don't understand. Sirius and XM are now the same since the recent channel merger... Is there any other way an XM subscriber can stream the channels to their TV other than Roku? I know Sirius has Orb, etc but what about XM? That was one of the bonuses about the Roku. Any chance Roku development team could work with you on the code?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Fri May 13, 2011 6:00 pm

osu1357 wrote:
I guess I don't understand. Sirius and XM are now the same since the recent channel merger... Is there any other way an XM subscriber can stream the channels to their TV other than Roku? I know Sirius has Orb, etc but what about XM? That was one of the bonuses about the Roku. Any chance Roku development team could work with you on the code?

The channel is not affiliated with Roku or Sirius|XM. It was independently developed by me, and uses the legacy WMA streams that the old Sirius and XM web players used. When they moved to the unified Flash-based web player, the legacy streams remained, so this channel continued to function. With the channel re-order last week, many of the streams that the channel pulled from the legacy XM and Sirius web players went away. There are about 50 XM channels that are no longer available, and 6 or 7 Sirius streams that are no longer available.