Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

socantra

Re: [Channel] Sirius|XM Internet Radio (SXM)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:02 am

Post by TheEndless, developer of the private channel, in another thread found thru the search engine:

Re: sirius/xm

Postby TheEndless » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:31 am
It's completely lost it's accuracy on the channel metadata, and many/most XM channels are no longer available after the channel reorder a few months back, so I had it removed from the channel store. You can still install it via the link on my website, but you're not allowed to complain about the inaccuracies and non-functioning channels ;)
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), SHOUTcast (SHOUTCAST), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Vaio165

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Has anyone else with the issue of channels playing the wrong channel(stuff). A lot of channels do not play the right channel like I went to BBM and that plays Doctor Radio. Am I the only one with this issue? Does it matter what media services you use I am using the ORB one because TVersity is not free.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Vaio165 wrote:
Has anyone else with the issue of channels playing the wrong channel(stuff). A lot of channels do not play the right channel like I went to BBM and that plays Doctor Radio. Am I the only one with this issue? Does it matter what media services you use I am using the ORB one because TVersity is not free.

Vaio165, please see the post immediately before yours. The channel has pretty much been discontinued due to changes on the SiriusXM side that can no longer be worked around by a third party. It's still available strictly for those who don't mind the invalid metadata and/or channel inaccuracies.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

eja

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 am

I've setup the channel on my Roku 2 XD, and all my XM Radio credentials were verified successfully.

I also directed the channel to the correct IP address for my computer running the TVersity Media Server Pro (2.3)

When I try to play any XM Radio channel on the Roku, I receive the following error:

"Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, TVersity Media Server is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel. (Error details: There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned.)

At the same time, my TVersity Media Server is showing the following error:

"Error - Blocking attempt to access non shared media"

I'm sure that these two errors are related, and the blocking is preventing the playing. I imagine this could have to do with Windows Firewall, and it appears I have that set correctly to allow the TVersity Media Server to communicate.

I've searched all over the place, in the TVersity Forum and in this Forum, and have not found anything.

I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

kc8pql

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 am

You didn't read the post from the channel developer directly above yours, did you...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

ronfelder

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 am

kc8pql wrote:
You didn't read the post from the channel developer directly above yours, did you...

His complaint isn't about the wrong metadata. It's about not connecting. I have the same problem. I dont' care what the label says. I just can't connect to Sirius. I've tried Tversity and Orbcaster and neither work for me. I have an older version of Tversity when it was free. Perhaps now that they charge for it they've shut down the free version. At one time the basic version was free and the Pro version you paid for. I don't know why Orbcaster doesn't work either.
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x ,Roku 2720X .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 50/50, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver

kc8pql

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 am

...and Endless's answer is:
The channel has pretty much been discontinued due to changes on the SiriusXM side that can no longer be worked around...

It's probably just a further manifestation of that.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm

kc8pql wrote:
...and Endless's answer is:
The channel has pretty much been discontinued due to changes on the SiriusXM side that can no longer be worked around...

It's probably just a further manifestation of that.

Yes. The channel has been retired, because the legacy streams that the channel requires are, for the most part, no longer available. Some are, but most are not. Most likely, if a particular station isn't working, it's legacy stream is no longer accessible. It's unlikely that it has anything to do with the TVersity or Orb Caster configuration.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

marrelam

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Is this channel still functioning? I do not have a Sirius "internet radio account to check it out. I have multiple real radio accounts including one with a lifetime subscription.

FX4

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Uh did you read the thread? It's been dead for almost two years.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku Streaming Stick (x1)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)