Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

AmazinglySmooth

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 pm

1) I really like having SXM available without bringing my radio into the house. Thank you.
2) I really like your screen saver. Very very good.
3) Anyway to have the "pause" button actually pause the channel and queue it up on the PC?

Overall, very well done.

Of course, the obvious complaint has been listed: requirement of a running PC...

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

AmazinglySmooth wrote:
1) I really like having SXM available without bringing my radio into the house. Thank you.
2) I really like your screen saver. Very very good.

Thanks!

AmazinglySmooth wrote:
3) Anyway to have the "pause" button actually pause the channel and queue it up on the PC?

Overall, very well done.

Of course, the obvious complaint has been listed: requirement of a running PC...

Actually... As long as I'm using TVersity, that's probably quite possible. Let me look into that and get back to you.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

ronfelder

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 am

Does your sirius player ask you if you are still listening after so much time? Their online player app and My Sirius studio asks that question. If you don't reply yes with in a certain amount of time your connection will be lost.

Ron
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x ,Roku 2720X .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 50/50, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:45 am

ronfelder wrote:
Does your sirius player ask you if you are still listening after so much time? Their online player app and My Sirius studio asks that question. If you don't reply yes with in a certain amount of time your connection will be lost.

Ron

Nope. No "Are you listening?" pestering... You can play for as long as you like without any interaction.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

oconelbill

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:56 pm

I added the sirius/xm channel and went right to my favorite channel. My only thought is it's too bad we can't listen
to the channel while we switch to the computer What I mean is I have to go to another feed on my tv. An example of
what I do. I bring up the computer and bring up pandora and listen to my channel. Then I switch over to another area
and do some computing. Or I can bring up the mlb.tv program on the computer...then switch to my roku player
and can listen to a baseball game while spending time in the roku player. I hope this makes sense. i do enjoy the
sirius/xm feed...have it on my iphone and can listen while traveling.
ROUTER: Netgear WNDR3700
MODEM: RCA model DHG536C supplied by comcast
TELEVISIONS: Polaroid & Panasonic
ROKUS: XR,XD,HD

ryanxwalton

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:11 pm

There has to be some way to use this Channel with Mac OS X. I can't install Windows on here because it's a PowerPC, and I'm not gonna buy a new computer. Is there any suggestions at all you can give me?
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:23 pm

ryanxwalton wrote:
There has to be some way to use this Channel with Mac OS X. I can't install Windows on here because it's a PowerPC, and I'm not gonna buy a new computer. Is there any suggestions at all you can give me?

I'm working on a Mac alternative, but don't have any projected timelines at this point (I'm VERY new to Mac). I'll post here as soon as I have something. If you're interested in helping me test it, please PM me. On the flipside, hopefully Roku will be adding WMA stream support sometime in the near future, which will nullify the server requirement.

ryanxwalton

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:52 pm

TheEndless wrote:
ryanxwalton wrote:

I'm working on a Mac alternative, but don't have any projected timelines at this point (I'm VERY new to Mac). I'll post here as soon as I have something. If you're interested in helping me test it, please PM me. On the flipside, hopefully Roku will be adding WMA stream support sometime in the near future, which will nullify the server requirement.

Well the WMA support would be supurb. I just ordered Sirius XM today, and I'm using an app called Radium on Mac. I like it, but it's not Roku. What all do you need done as far as the Mac alternative? I'll do my best to help out. I know Macs pretty good.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 pm

For those interested in the newly announced PEARL JAM RADIO on Sirius and XM, it is available through the Music Showcase channel under Rock on the Sirius|XM Internet Radio channel for the Roku.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 pm

gnussbaum wrote:
TheEndless's site says you can use either TVersity or Orb Caster (http://www.orb.com). Orb Caster has Mac support. Has anyone tried it?

I added the Orb option specifically to add Mac support, but it also makes configuration and set up a lot easier for PC, too. Unfortunately, the public channel hasn't been updated with the new Orb stuff, because the contest seems to be dragging on a bit. If you're interested in trying it out, PM me, and I'll give you instructions on how to install it.

gotok

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 pm

@TheEndless. If I don't use a Mac, and the channel is working fine with Tversity, is there any advantage to switch to Orb?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 pm

gotok wrote:
@TheEndless. If I don't use a Mac, and the channel is working fine with Tversity, is there any advantage to switch to Orb?

The only real advantage over TVersity is that you don't need to know the IP address. If your IP address changes regularly, then there's a definite advantage. Otherwise, not really.

ryanxwalton

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 pm

TheEndless wrote:
gotok wrote:

The only real advantage over TVersity is that you don't need to know the IP address. If your IP address changes regularly, then there's a definite advantage. Otherwise, not really.

I got this email from the little app factory this morning:

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for writing in! I have added SiriusXM support to our list of feature requests.

So if all goes well, then Rivet will be getting SiriusXM support, and this app works on both Intel and PowerPC Macs.

Hopefully you can use this app with future updates.

ignaurus13

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Has anyone gotten this to work with a Windows Home Server? I installed TVersity on my WHS and configured the Sirius|XM Internet Radio to point to it. I seem to log in alright but when i select a station to listen to, I get the following error:
Unable to play channel. PLease ensure that you are connected to the internet, TVersity Media Server is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel. (Error details: There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned.)

The Buffering never goes above 13 %.

On the TVersity status page, I see the Roku connection and I see the channel selected within "Streaming" but it stuck at 0%.

The TVersity log states: Error -Failed rendering third pin on ASF source, ignoring...
then
Error - Could not start transcoding for http://<stuff>

Also, how do you reconfigure the Sirius|XM Internet Radio? I cant find an option to change anything I set upon first install.

Thanks for the assistance. This channel looks awesome and hope I can get to use it.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm

ignaurus, that error is a known issue with TVersity when installed on a computer without a sound card. I actually have it as one of the questions in my FAQ: http://www.permanence.com/roku/siriusxm/default.htm#faq
You'll probably benefit more from installing the Orb version of the channel, which hasn't been released yet. I'll PM you with the details.
As for changing the configuration, from the main screen, if you arrow down twice, you'll highlight the settings icon. The new version has a Settings section, so it's more inline with the Roku standard.