Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

casey

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 am

I'm having the same problem. TVersity is running, channel is set up and am getting error message Unable to play channel, Please ensure that you are connected to the internet....

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 am

casey wrote:
I'm having the same problem. TVersity is running, channel is set up and am getting error message Unable to play channel, Please ensure that you are connected to the internet....

casey, it's the last part of that message that's important... the "Error Details". Can you provide that?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

casey

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 am

Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, TVersity Media Server is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel. I meet all the requirements but in TVersity, I noticed that the Roku is listed as a web browser. Does not say Roku

TheEndless
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:58 am

casey wrote:
Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, TVersity Media Server is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel. I meet all the requirements but in TVersity, I noticed that the Roku is listed as a web browser. Does not say Roku

So there's no "Error Details" section at the end of that message? Are you a Sirius Internet Radio subscriber? You have to have the internet radio option in order to use the channel. Are you able to logon here and listen to Sirius? http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

casey

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 am

I see the problem. The service used to be free. Thanks for the answers. Since I'm not going to pay, is there any other use for TVersity with the Roku? I bought the pro version and would hate to see the $$ go to waste

jreesing

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:25 pm

I too am having the same issue with not being able to play the Sirius radio through the application (I was able to until I updated the software for the roku. Now I'm getting the same message that others are getting:

Error

"unable to play the channel, please ensure that you are connected to the internet, that tversity is running and that you are subscribed to this channel"

I have a subscription and the credentials were verified via the setup for the Sirius application - tversity is up and running - and I am connected to the internet. I've also installed Orb and tried with that as well but with the same results.

Now I do use the "xm radio online" choice as that's what I have my subscription with (and again, it did work with that until I updated the roku software).

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is??

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

XM changed something with their logon yesterday, which caused some problems with another Sirius|XM application of mine, but didn't affect the Roku channel as far as I'm aware. I've tested with a few XM accounts without issue. You should also get an error message saying your credentials were wrong if that were the issue, anyway.

If you go into settings in the channel, step through to the TVersity configuration, and choose "Test TVersity Address", what does it tell you?

swizzer

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Hello im also have problems with tv versity myself,the sirius xm radio will not stream and i keep getting error also,and iam a online subscriber to xm radio,this problem happened also with the 2.8 update,ty, Steve. :D

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 pm

swizzer wrote:
Hello im also have problems with tv versity myself,the sirius xm radio will not stream and i keep getting error also,and iam a online subscriber to xm radio,this problem happened also with the 2.8 update,ty, Steve. :D

Both XM and Sirius have been up and down with their internet streams today. I have no idea what they're doing, but I'd give it a day to see if it settles down. If you continue to have problems, then post again, but with their current instability, it's impossible for me to debug any issues. Very frustrating...

jreesing

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Ok - I tried it again and when I go to the tversity setup the IP address comes up 0.0.0.0:41952. I then put in the right IP 192.168.1.4:41952, I then test it and it tells me that "the address you entered appears to be a valid tversity media server address" so I continue. Then when I go to try to play a station I get the same error message that I posted in my prior post.

One thing I noticed is that all the information that I put in the "setup" in Roku is saved when I go back -- all that is, with the exception of the tversity ip address. If I close the station and reopen it (on the Roku) when I get to the setup of tversity it is now 0.0.0.0:41952 and I have to put the ip address back in - I test it and it says "the address you entered appears to be a valid tversity media server address" and when I go to the stations to play, I get that same error message I referenced in my prior post. This might be the issue, however that wouldn't explain the same thing happening when I use "Orb caster" option. When I use that option, the name and password is saved - it tells me that the credentials appear to be correct, but when I try to play a station, I get the same error message that I do with the tversity.

I will give it a couple of days to see if it get's straightened out, but I can say this, when I use my computer to listen online, there doesn't appear to be any issue. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I really do like the service on the roku and I do hope that this get's worked out. Thanks.

swizzer

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Thats exactly whats happening to me too, i love the service too,hope the problem is rectified shortly. :D

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:59 pm

jreesing wrote:
One thing I noticed is that all the information that I put in the "setup" in Roku is saved when I go back -- all that is, with the exception of the tversity ip address.

That's a bug in the current release. It's saving the address. It just doesn't display it if you go back into the settings.

jreesing wrote:
I will give it a couple of days to see if it get's straightened out, but I can say this, when I use my computer to listen online, there doesn't appear to be any issue. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

It does and doesn't. If it plays on the computer, then that means the web player is back functioning, which is good. They changed the login process (behind the scenes) for XM on the website yesterday, but it only seemed to affect a handful of users. I tested with one that was known to be affected, and didn't have any problems with the Roku channel, so I didn't think the change affected the Roku channel. Given the inconsistency with their website today, they may be rolling that change out across all users, which could explain the problems you're seeing today. I just don't want to make any official changes to the Roku channel until the web player availability becomes more consistent. Rest assured that I will get it fixed as soon as I'm confident it won't just break again the next day.
Last edited by TheEndless on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bgrubb1

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:32 am

TheEndless - probably a good call on waiting.
All 3 of my boxes seem to be working fine now. I had to
(1) Update the firmware to .1158 (not .1150 that came from the auto download)
(2) Do a factory reset on the boxes
(3) drop down to only 8 channels

I am not sure which or all fixed the issue, but it all seems to work now

Thanks for all the efforts and sorry for the tailspin

..Barry

GaryCN

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 pm

I tried logging into my Sirius Internet account with the Google Chrome browser. It appeared to me to accept everything but I was getting no sound. Switched to IE and it is playing fine on my PC. I had Sirius working with a PS3 and SiriusXMStreamer V 1.5.1.0 but for unknown reasons that has failed. As I have a Roku XD I'm looking into this setup. Tversity finds the PS3 but not the Roku? Does the Roku hibernate? It does not have a power switch. All a little complicated as the Roku does not have much in the way of instructions. I am connecting wireless via a Lynksys WRT54G2 router. Also Sirius seems like it is logging me out after a short period of time when I am using their online player on my pc. Has enyone else been having problems with SiriusXMStreamer? It shows server running and lists all the channels but will not play any of them. Lots of questions here I know it is impossible to decipher everyone's systems and hook up's and what not but I'm running Windows XP the PS# plays all my other PC stuff as does the Roku. It's just trying to get my Sirius Internet radio on my Surround Sound system that is driving me crazy.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 pm

GaryCN wrote:
I tried logging into my Sirius Internet account with the Google Chrome browser. It appeared to me to accept everything but I was getting no sound. Switched to IE and it is playing fine on my PC. I had Sirius working with a PS3 and SiriusXMStreamer V 1.5.1.0 but for unknown reasons that has failed. As I have a Roku XD I'm looking into this setup. Tversity finds the PS3 but not the Roku? Does the Roku hibernate? It does not have a power switch. All a little complicated as the Roku does not have much in the way of instructions. I am connecting wireless via a Lynksys WRT54G2 router. Also Sirius seems like it is logging me out after a short period of time when I am using their online player on my pc. Has enyone else been having problems with SiriusXMStreamer? It shows server running and lists all the channels but will not play any of them. Lots of questions here I know it is impossible to decipher everyone's systems and hook up's and what not but I'm running Windows XP the PS# plays all my other PC stuff as does the Roku. It's just trying to get my Sirius Internet radio on my Surround Sound system that is driving me crazy.

I can't give you any guidance on your SiriusXMStreamer setup without more details on what you mean by "for unknown reasons that has failed" but this isn't the correct forum for that, so please PM me with those details.

As for the Roku channel, TVersity doesn't need to see the Roku. The Roku needs to see TVersity. When you install the channel, it will prompt you for the information you need to enter. I might recommend you use the Orb Caster method instead of the TVersity method, however, as it's a bit easier to set up and maintain. If you have any specific questions/problems once you install the Sirius|XM channel on your Roku, please respond here and I'll help as much as possible.