Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Re: NEW!! Sirius|XM Internet Radio - CONTEST ENTRY

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 pm

RSBasch wrote:
I am using the same username and PW that allows me to log in to Sirius on my computer. When I tried removing and reinstalling the channel, the username was already filled in when I reinstalled the channel indicating the at the removal was not "clean". How did it retain the username? Where is this information stored?

It's stored in the registry on the Roku. A number of my channels share the same registry section, though, so the settings may not get removed if you have other channels of mine installed. What you can do to reset it is, go to Settings in the channel, and choose "Clear and Continue". That will wipe all of the SiriusXM channel registry data.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Rakoo1

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

As others trying to get the XM Sirius Chanel up and running. It looks nice. Have not had any luck so far. Getting the same as some others. If using ORB it tells me that the Credentials are incorrect and if using TVersity it can not find the Teversity address 192.168.1.103:41952.

Before I get too deep into this a few questions:
1) Will a N-1000 Roku Player work?
2) In Tversity is all I need to input the IP address,of the P/C it is running on correct? Nothing else needs configured?
3) Any ports need to be open on router?
4) If using ORB is all I need to input the user name and a password in the user information. Anything else need to be setup?

Any help appreciated.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Rakoo1 wrote:
As others trying to get the XM Sirius Chanel up and running. It looks nice. Have not had any luck so far. Getting the same as some others. If using ORB it tells me that the Credentials are incorrect and if using TVersity it can not find the Teversity address 192.168.1.103:41952.

Before I get too deep into this a few questions:
1) Will a N-1000 Roku Player work?
2) In Tversity is all I need to input the IP address,of the P/C it is running on correct? Nothing else needs configured?
3) Any ports need to be open on router?
4) If using ORB is all I need to input the user name and a password in the user information. Anything else need to be setup?

Any help appreciated.

1) Yep. It should work on all Roku player versions.
2) You shouldn't need to do any setup in TVersity, just install it and make note of the IP address of the computer it's installed on.
3) You shouldn't need to open anything in your router, but you may need to open port 41952 in your firewall on the computer running TVersity.
4) That's correct, just your Orb username and password on the Orb setup screens in the channel.

When you enter your Sirius username and password, then select "Test Credentials", does it succeed? Have you checked the only settings discussed in the FAQ? http://www.permanence.com/roku/siriusxm/default.htm#faq
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

RSBasch

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Sorry to be so dumb but I am not sure what you mean by "settings in the channel" I can not find an option to "Clear and Continue".

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm

RSBasch wrote:
Sorry to be so dumb but I am not sure what you mean by "settings in the channel" I can not find an option to "Clear and Continue".

When you launch the channel, are you stuck in the configuration, or do you get to the home screen that shows the different radio stations? If you see the radio stations, you can either press left to get to the Settings "category" or you can press down twice to highlight the gear icon, and press select to get the "Clear and Continue" option.

RSBasch

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:11 pm

I am blocked at the configuration screen since my credentials are rejected. I never get to the Categories or Station screens. My ID and PW are accepted by Sirius when I enter them on my computer and TVersity is running. I also tried installing ORB without success. Do you think that it would be worth trying a "system reset" on the Roku Player. That will wipe out everything but reinstalation from the channel store is not an overwhelming task.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 pm

RSBasch wrote:
I am blocked at the configuration screen since my credentials are rejected. I never get to the Categories or Station screens. My ID and PW are accepted by Sirius when I enter them on my computer and TVersity is running. I also tried installing ORB without success. Do you think that it would be worth trying a "system reset" on the Roku Player. That will wipe out everything but reinstalation from the channel store is not an overwhelming task.

I don't think a system reset is necessary. If you're not able to get past the configuration screens, then it's not an issue with TVersity or Orb, but with Sirius. When you say your credentials are accepted on the Sirius website, are you logging into the Sirius web player (http://www.sirius.com/player/home/siriushome.action)? To use the Roku channel, you have to have the internet radio option on your account, which used to be included, but is now an additional $2.99/month.

RSBasch

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 am

I am an internet subscriber. What really puzzles me is that everything worked before the Roku 2.8 "upgrade" was rolled out. Where is the Roku registry maintained? As I noted, some information is retained after I remove the Sirius channel. It"knows" my Sirius ID before I enter it, when I try removing and restarting the Sirius channel

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 am

RSBasch wrote:
I am an internet subscriber. What really puzzles me is that everything worked before the Roku 2.8 "upgrade" was rolled out. Where is the Roku registry maintained? As I noted, some information is retained after I remove the Sirius channel. It"knows" my Sirius ID before I enter it, when I try removing and restarting the Sirius channel

What message do you get when you select "Test Credentials" after entering your Sirius username and password?
As for clearing the registry, do you have other channels of mine installed? If so, removing them all should clear that section of the registry, but I'm not sure that will make a difference, to be honest.

osu1357

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 am

I use the SiriusXM app frequently and recently TVersity came out with a new version 1.9.3 (TVersity is required to stream the SiriusM to my Roku box). Now when I start the SiriusXM app from my Roku box I get an Error message on the screen that says: "TVersity Media Server does not appear to be running. Would you like to start the channel anyway? Yes/No" I choose YES and the channel starts fine and plays like it did. It's just annoying anyways seeing that Error message when I start the SiriusXM app from my Roku. Any ideas on what I should try to fix it or is this an error on the Roku side from the newer TVersity version?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 am

osu1357 wrote:
I use the SiriusXM app frequently and recently TVersity came out with a new version 1.9.3 (TVersity is required to stream the SiriusM to my Roku box). Now when I start the SiriusXM app from my Roku box I get an Error message on the screen that says: "TVersity Media Server does not appear to be running. Would you like to start the channel anyway? Yes/No" I choose YES and the channel starts fine and plays like it did. It's just annoying anyways seeing that Error message when I start the SiriusXM app from my Roku. Any ideas on what I should try to fix it or is this an error on the Roku side from the newer TVersity version?

It does look like TVersity changed something that broke my detection, so the channel erroneously says it can't find it. I'll publish a fix as soon as I can, but in the meantime, you can either continue to ignore the error, rollback to an earlier version of TVersity, or switch to using Orb Caster instead.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:40 pm

I've published a minor update to the channel that fixes the TVersity detection issue with the new version of TVersity. I also fixed the bug that was clearing out the TVersity address every time you went into settings. Enter and exit the channel store to get the update immediately, or wait and you should get it automatically within the next 24-48 hours. Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks!

osu1357

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks Steve. It worked like a charm !!

RSBasch

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Ross again:

I
When I attempt to connect I am still getting a message that my credentials do not appear to be valid.

dahauss

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Its not working for me.. I have the latest ROKU XM channel.. I have the latest tiversity.. the ROKU channel says my credentials are OK and it also says it found the TIVERSITY server on my network.. BUT when I go to play any channel it just tells me UNABLE TO PLAY THE CHANNEL ..

any ideas?