Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jbrave
Topic Author

Postseason.tv

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Postseason.tv will be offering the whole postseason again for $9.99 via the MLB at bat app this year. Can we get this on Roku or are we stuck with the smaller screen or watching live via pc/Mac again this year?
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!

jbrave
Topic Author

Re: Postseason.tv

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Bump

TucsonTumbleweed

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

ditto

devil.punchbowl
Location: way way northern California coast - hidden behind the redwood curtain

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 pm

That is a reasonable value. Has anyone used this before ? Does it work well ? I see they have no blackout dates. I would not mind watching the phillies play a few times.

bozzy

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 pm

devil.punchbowl wrote:
That is a reasonable value. Has anyone used this before ? Does it work well ? I see they have no blackout dates. I would not mind watching the phillies play a few times.

It sucks if you are wanting to see it like a normal broadcast. You will get no graphics and a bunch of different views. You do get the audio from the broadcast but without the actual video, you lose a lot.

jbrave
Topic Author

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 am

PostSeason.TV on the pc or mac is the most awesome experience ever. Multiple camera angles, (sometimes even the Blimp cam) instant replay, picture-in-picture or up to four angles at once, all games, no blackouts, no commercials (but you get to see what happens on the field during commercial breaks, just no sound, unlike MLB regular season where you see NOTHING... you don't usually get to hear the National Anthem or Take me Out To the Ball Game tho)

$9 for the whole thing. MLB is $27 or so per month for the regular season)

figaro

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:36 am

Are you saying that the audio and the video do not match? What do you hear then? Is it a radio broadcast? Could someone that knows please explain this a bit further. Also can I watch any of the four screens in full screen mode?

bozzy

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 am

figaro wrote:
Are you saying that the audio and the video do not match? What do you hear then? Is it a radio broadcast? Could someone that knows please explain this a bit further. Also can I watch any of the four screens in full screen mode?

You get the tv broadcast audio but get a preset number of camera angles. IMHO it is very difficult to watch a game like this. It's great as a companion to the broadcast because you can see stuff you don't normally see. But as a way to watch an entire game, I don't think postseason.tv cuts it.

vnzjunk

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 am

jbrave wrote:
PostSeason.TV on the pc or mac is the most awesome experience ever. Multiple camera angles, (sometimes even the Blimp cam) instant replay, picture-in-picture or up to four angles at once, all games, no blackouts, no commercials (but you get to see what happens on the field during commercial breaks, just no sound, unlike MLB regular season where you see NOTHING... you don't usually get to hear the National Anthem or Take me Out To the Ball Game tho)

$9 for the whole thing. MLB is $27 or so per month for the regular season)

Watch for the special offers next year if you are interested in the package. It ended up costing me about $79 for the entire year after discount. I agree $27 a month would be a tad high.

jbrave
Topic Author

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 am

Watching Postseason.TV on my ipad right now... the games show up on Roku as blacked out!

jhernes

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 am

jbrave wrote:
Watching Postseason.TV on my ipad right now... the games show up on Roku as blacked out!

It works on iPhone too...interesting rules.
ROKU MODEL: N1000 - Decommissioned, HD 2000C-00 - Decommissioned, XS 3100R - Visio 50, R3 4200R - Samsung LN55

vnzjunk

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:31 am

Ya. MLB is treating the playoff games just like your in market team. No live TV. Evidently the games will be available a couple of hours after they are finished. Mite work for a late nite game after bed time but for live coverage I will be watching on the computer over various sites as I am now.

oedenfield

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah, I don't like this. MLB was one of the main reasons I purchased my Roku.. now I can't wait MLB games any more (even after I purchased the PostSeason.tv junk?). Fail.

jbrave
Topic Author

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Bump! Can someone from ROKU address this issue, can we get an official comment on this? Posteason.tv is working on other devices, but Roku claims we are blacked out. Interestingly, if you click on the wrong link in AT BAT for ipad, it will tell you you are blacked out also, you have to click one of the 8 the US/Canada camera angles. Seems like it should be pretty easy to modify the Roku app to support postseason.tv, it uses the same account as mlb.tv

- Joel

DennisDubay

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 pm

As much as I payed for the regular season, I should be getting this included.