Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ltgrady
Topic Author

Signed up for Hulu Plus, where do I connect to my player?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:42 am

I just got my Roku player, this thing is pretty awesome.

I requested a Hulu Plus invite and just received it and signed up. How do I connect it to my Roku? I don't see it in the channel store and http://www.hulu.com/roku doesn't give me anything?

scyber

Re: Signed up for Hulu Plus, where do I connect to my player

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am

The hulu plus channel has not been released yet. We don't know when it will be released. The only timeframe we have is " later in fall 2010".

Chuck_IV

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:54 am

From what I have read, the way the interface stands now(or at least did when this beta program started), there were only a couple platforms that had enough processing power to run it. One being the PS3 and the other being one of the higher end 3D machines from Samsung. Even tho Samsung touts that they have it, it's only on ONE Blu-Ray machine, the BD-C6900. I have also read that only the 3D Blu-Ray machines at Samsung will be getting Hulu+ anyway due to non-3D machines not having enough processing power for it. I could be wrong but that's what I have read.

I think as they have progressed in beta they have made the interface slimmer and lessened the load on the machine running it. So my guess is when they are satisfied with how it runs on the less than top machines, is when you will see it on the Sony's and Roku.

ltgrady
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:20 pm

I should have read a little more before jumping the gun :(

Oh well, i'll just watch on my PC until it's up and working. I just got he Roku, it's pretty awesome. using it mostly for Netflix and Pandora now.

Is there an app that will stream what's on your PC? It would be cool to be able to play stuff on my laptop over the roku onto my tv. I can plug my laptop in directly, but i was hoping to do something over a network because my laptop doesn't have HDMI or DVI and Roku does. Also, stuff like the mlb game recaps they post the day after baseball games, I would love to watch that on my plasma instead of my small monitor.

thanks guys.

yomamaflorida

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 pm

you can get it right now if you d/l the playon software and set up the Roku playon channel, it works great even though the playon channel is still beta

playon software link

http://www.playon.tv/playon

link to set up playon channel

https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=PLAYON

thread in this forum with full discussion of this channel

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32597
Last edited by yomamaflorida on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shelleye

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:11 am

ltgrady wrote:
Is there an app that will stream what's on your PC?

Private channels: Roksbox and MyMedia. Channels: Chaneru. There are others, I can't think of off the top of my head. If you search this forum each of the channels has an ongoing thread, with lots of helpful information about how the streaming/encoding process works. :)

Davis

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:32 pm

I received my invite for Hulu+.

I'll activate it the INSTANT it becomes available on the Roku.

We recently canceled DirecTV because of the high cost. Concast is not an option, either.

Roku + Netflix + Hulu = Cable KILLER!

keithandmissy

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 pm

I wonder how much longer before we see Hulu Plus on the Roku... maybe even in the form of a public beta?

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 pm

keithandmissy wrote:
... maybe even in the form of a public beta?

I doubt it. Good performance is to important to expose it to the public before it's ready.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

harleykins

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 am

I can watch Hulu through my PlayOn Channel from my pc. It works well, but I'm looking forward to the Hulu Plus channel so I don't have to go through the PlayOn server for it.