Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hn333

Re: Hulu+ is live

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:16 am

I don't know about Hulu+ but regular Hulu has more than doubled the number of commercials compared to when it first started. I watch it less and less. Netflix/Roku has me spoiled. :D

I feel the same way. I use to love Hulu, but now it's not worth my time.

TampaShooters

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:42 pm

hn333 wrote:
drfreeman wrote:
Not enough content,and too many commercials for me,
At least for now
There should be all the contents of hulu for the roku,
already have netflix,thats good for now

Expect more commercials down the line.

I was paying $70+ per month for alot of commercials, I think I can handle 4-5 15 second commercials per hour with Hulu.. Without commercials, content would be severely limited. What people don't understand is that content is not free, Hulu has to pay for the rights to stream these shows, and without commercials, they just couldn't stream at any cost. In a 1 hour show, with commercials, it's still only about 42 minutes, and a 30 minute show is about 22 minutes with commercials... Try to get that with Cable which you are paying alot more for more commercials on 200 crappy channels.

hn333

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:52 pm

TampaShooters wrote:
hn333 wrote:
drfreeman wrote:
Not enough content,and too many commercials for me,
At least for now
There should be all the contents of hulu for the roku,
already have netflix,thats good for now

Expect more commercials down the line.

I was paying $70+ per month for alot of commercials, I think I can handle 4-5 15 second commercials per hour with Hulu.. Without commercials, content would be severely limited. What people don't understand is that content is not free, Hulu has to pay for the rights to stream these shows, and without commercials, they just couldn't stream at any cost. In a 1 hour show, with commercials, it's still only about 42 minutes, and a 30 minute show is about 22 minutes with commercials... Try to get that with Cable which you are paying alot more for more commercials on 200 crappy channels.

Hulu is owned by the networks. They don't pay for the network content. Plus all the new shows on Hulu can be seen for free and in HD with an antenna.

bozzy

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:05 pm

hn333 wrote:

Hulu is owned by the networks. They don't pay for the network content. Plus all the new shows on Hulu can be seen for free and in HD with an antenna.

Not all new content on Hulu Plus is available OTA. Some of the networks can only be seen on cable or satellite.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:06 pm

hn333 wrote:
Plus all the new shows on Hulu can be seen for free and in HD with an antenna.

On-demand, and with a tenth of the advertising, too! Oh wait...
Seriously.. it's about time you dropped your little Hulu grudge and move on. Everyone here knows you don't like the service. There's absolutely no reason for you to continually post negative and pointless comments about it.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm

"Hulu is owned by the networks. They don't pay for the network content. Plus all the new shows on Hulu can be seen for free and in HD with an antenna."

But the networks have to pay the studios who produced the shows in order to broadcast them, and ipso facto would have to pay in order to stream them on Hulu +.

For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone is still whining about Hulu and/or Hulu plus. If itts not for you, then don't get it. Hulu is providing a service by consolidating, formatting, and delivering content to your tv via the internet. They do not perform this service and incur the costs associated with it out of the goodness of their hearts. The reason any business is IN business is to make a profit, and Hulu rightfully so is no different. Either pay and enjoy, don't pay and shut up, or better yet go read an economics book, because apparently many need the insight on how it works.
Last edited by stratcat96 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hn333

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm

TheEndless wrote:
hn333 wrote:
Plus all the new shows on Hulu can be seen for free and in HD with an antenna.

On-demand, and with a tenth of the advertising, too! Oh wait...
Seriously.. it's about time you dropped your little Hulu grudge and move on. Everyone here knows you don't like the service. There's absolutely no reason for you to continually post negative and pointless comments about it.

My comment was about the television broadcast system, it's been around for a few years now you may have heard of it. I hear it's da bomb. BTW I use my hulu account everyday. So much for me hating it.