Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
 
shelleyp
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:01 am

Another item

You can now filter on Hulu Plus when you browse shows on your computer. This makes it a lot easier to find and add shows to your queue.
 
hn333
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 am

What happened to the 4.99 price tag? :?:
 
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 4967
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 am

hn333 wrote:
What happened to the 4.99 price tag? :?:


That was a rumor from the start - I was surprised to see the price drop at all.

I'm also really happy to see the one week free for everyone, and one month free if you use a Chase credit card - gives everyone some time to use it without obligation.
 
nighthawk_md
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:10 am

Do you need separate subscriptions per streaming device? Can more than one device be streaming simultaneously?
 
hn333
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am

mikebdoss wrote:
hn333 wrote:
What happened to the 4.99 price tag? :?:


That was a rumor from the start - I was surprised to see the price drop at all.

I'm also really happy to see the one week free for everyone, and one month free if you use a Chase credit card - gives everyone some time to use it without obligation.


I think I'll stick with bittorrent.
 
lumberjack
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Owasso, OK

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 am

YAY!!! Roku stays at #1 on my streaming dream.

I noticed a bit of clipping as well but overall good UI. I think the $7.99 price was too match the rumored Netflix streaming only price.
 
mega1026
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 am

i haven't got a chance to try it out yet, but I will tonight.

pretty sweet for Roku being in the official announcement
 
scyber
Posts: 1326
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:51 am

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 am

nighthawk_md wrote:
Do you need separate subscriptions per streaming device? Can more than one device be streaming simultaneously?


I successfully streamed 2 different shows to 2 different rokus earlier this morning. The Hulu Terms of Service says 1 stream at a time, but it worked. Hopefully they will keep allowing 2 streams like netflix has.
 
jcmolet
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 am

hn333 wrote:
What happened to the 4.99 price tag? :?:


Do you ever have anything positive to say :?:

If you are not happy with Roku and/or Hulu Plus...just move on.
 
shelleyp
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:32 am

nighthawk_md wrote:
Do you need separate subscriptions per streaming device? Can more than one device be streaming simultaneously?


As I wrote in my earlier comment in this thread

You can register more than one device. However, I was only able to watch a video on one Roku at a time.
 
jcmolet
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 am

Losan wrote:
Does Hulu+ on Roku support CC/subtitles?


Just arrow down during video playback. If the particular show/movie you are watching has the CC option, the ability to enable/disable CC will be in the menu.
 
erayser
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:04 am

shelleyp wrote:
nighthawk_md wrote:
Do you need separate subscriptions per streaming device? Can more than one device be streaming simultaneously?


As I wrote in my earlier comment in this thread

You can register more than one device. However, I was only able to watch a video on one Roku at a time.

I just registered both my roku devices. I did a quick test, and I am able to watch 2 separate shows on 2 separate roku boxes. I have Glee playing in the living room, and The Office in the master bedroom. However, on my PS3 in the office, I get the message that my H+ subscription allows me to watch one video at a time. Is this a fluke, or does roku boxes allow us to watch hulu+ simultaneously? Can anyone else confirm this?
Stream Devices: Roku HD-XR, XD|S, Apple TV2, Sony Bluray, PS3, Wii, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Network:
ISP: Cox (Premium) Mbps: 50(d)/5(u)
Motorola SB6120
Linksys e4200 + gigabit switches
"Stream by wire. Wireless Is for mobile devices."
 
shelleyp
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:07 am

erayser wrote:
shelleyp wrote:
nighthawk_md wrote:
Do you need separate subscriptions per streaming device? Can more than one device be streaming simultaneously?


As I wrote in my earlier comment in this thread

You can register more than one device. However, I was only able to watch a video on one Roku at a time.

I just registered both my roku devices. I did a quick test, and I am able to watch 2 separate shows on 2 separate roku boxes. I have Glee playing in the living room, and The Office in the master bedroom. However, on my PS3 in the office, I get the message that my H+ subscription allows me to watch one video at a time. Is this a fluke, or does roku boxes allow us to watch hulu+ simultaneously? Can anyone else confirm this?


So why the heck am I having problems watching two shows at a time?!
 
hn333
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:08 am

jcmolet wrote:
hn333 wrote:
What happened to the 4.99 price tag? :?:


Do you ever have anything positive to say :?:

If you are not happy with Roku and/or Hulu Plus...just move on.


Well I like you as a Human being.
 
danstl
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Hulu+ is live

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:16 am

The screen cropping of the commercial timer is a known bug...

Many of the UI considerations are not the Roku developers decisions, but those of Hulu+ they require a similar interface across all platforms....

-Dan
Model: 2050X - wired
S/N: J0A07F000104
Location: St. Louis, MO
ISP: At&t 12Mb (primary) -- Charter 20Mb (secondary)
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests