Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jiff67

Re: Willow TV question

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 pm

i have to say it was better last night on the live feed buffered about 3 times an hour so not to bad heres hoping to night is buffer free

horizon

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:49 pm

markwill wrote:
And so what if people subscribe to only the series they like? If I had a good experience with this Ashes series on Willow.TV (which I have not, due to the re-buffering issues and particularly because of the cancellation policy) I would no doubt have been happy to sign up for subsequent England series. That would strike me as a good thing for Willow.tv - but instead I think I'll look for alternatives because I don't want to have to pay $35 minimum for a service advertised as $14.99 / month

Mark,

I share the same sentiments. Here is the response that I received from Willow support, regarding my ability to cancel the service:

Thank you for writing in. We would surely waive out one month charge if things are not ok before your next billing cycle.

Willow TV application on Roku is in Beta stage. We acknowledge issues with Ashes feed on Roku at the moment, we are currently working on resolving the issue. We shall keep you updated soon. We thank you for patience in this matter.

I appreciate the response, but it looks like I have given Willow the grace period of 30 days to fix their service ... I don't remember seeing this in the T&C. I was also somewhat disheartened to find that I actually dished out my hard earned cash for a Beta grade service. Is it not normal practice for Beta testers to be signed up in advance to test a service before its goes live? ... and with some pay back to the test control group ... mmm like its free, or at a reduced cost ... I may be mistaken but I think that this was the Amazon beta test arrangement.

Willow TV cannot blame this on their streaming provider - as a customer I just see "Willow" and "Willow" is to ...... rebuffering .... TV cannot blame this on their streaming provider - as a customer I just see "Willow" and ..... rebuffering ..... I appreciate the response, but it looks like I have given Willow the grace period of 30 days to f ...... rebuffering ..... and thats all for today, goodbye from the Gabba ....

Graham
Roku DVP, Roku M1000 and M500 3.0.52 Beta, Sangean WFR-20, NSLU2 Unslung NAS + Twonky (WAV Library)

jiff67

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 pm

anyone tried it tonight i havnt had a chance due to her in doors watching wizard of 0z on the big tv

and no its judy garland not the aussies on tv

horizon

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:32 pm

jiff67 wrote:
anyone tried it tonight i havnt had a chance due to her in doors watching wizard of 0z on the big tv

Yep, I checked it again about ten minutes ago to get the latest score. The Roku stream has been re-buffering (displaying the message Loading, Please Wait ...) approximately once every three to five minutes, sometimes multiple times in quick succession ... still not watchable.
Roku DVP, Roku M1000 and M500 3.0.52 Beta, Sangean WFR-20, NSLU2 Unslung NAS + Twonky (WAV Library)

belthur

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Anybody know how to add Willow tv to roku ? Is there a private channel code ?
ROKU : 2000C
N1000 *
MODEM: Linksys CM100
ROUTER: WRT54G
CNXn: Comcast 18Mbps
TV: Toshiba 720p HDTV
Receiver : Onkyo TX-SR608

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm

belthur wrote:
Anybody know how to add Willow tv to roku ? Is there a private channel code ?

It's a public channel. It should be in the "New" section in the Channel Store.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

TexasWildhorse

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Willow TV has been relatively free of rebuffering for me since Friday night (11-26-10). It has been almost perfect today (11-27-10), except for a couple of times when the stream dropped out altogether (maybe they were rebooting their servers?) The real test will come during the live broadcast of the Ashes, which begins in about 3 hours. It seems that some efforts are going on behind the scenes to stabilize Roku's Willow TV feed. Obviously, it was not quite ready to be rolled out, but to those of us who were already subscribed to Willow TV's online streaming, having another feed available on Roku is fantastic. I wouldn't really recommend Willow TV, at this point, to anyone who insists on watching it on the Roku only. But perhaps if the stream continues to be improved upon, it may soon be a good option. I've had to switch over to my computer a couple of times during the Ashes due to the rebuffering problem.

I've been with Willow TV for a while, and I agree that they should revisit their pricing policy. Until a few months ago, they charged by the series. So, if you wanted to watch the Ashes, for example, you would buy the series, which was kind of expensive ($59-$79 per series). Once the series was over, you could buy the replay for a lot less, which is what I did. Then, they recently switched to the monthly fee. The problem with the monthly fee is that there are some months with very little live cricket - so you're paying for re-runs. Until the Ashes began, there was not much live cricket on Willow TV for several weeks. The monthly fee for online/Roku is still preferable to paying $19.99 to get the same channel on Dish Network and DirecTV - and if Roku eventually provides a stable feed, this will be a good deal, especially for those of us Dish Network subscribers who would have to pay $200 for extra equipment in order to receive the channel.

NOTE added at 5:53 p.m. CST on 11-27-10: The "rebuffering" problem started again for me at about 5:45 p.m. The live feed of the Ashes is set to begin at 6 p.m. my time - so this is very inconvenient. Will have to see if the problem continues during the feed.

NOTE: Ashes broadcast has started, and constant rebuffering continues. I had virtually no rebuffering all day today until right before the Ashes match began. Perhaps they switched servers for the live broadcast? Perhaps they had a huge spike in the number of streams being served out? It's odd that this problem did not exist at all until 15 minutes before the start of the live broadcast.

NOTE at 6:40 p.m. The rebuffering is occurring about every 5 minutes. It's annoying, especially since I watched Willow TV all day long without experiencing this problem. Why did they have to break it again right before the live broadcast of the Ashes?

jiff67

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:06 pm

tonights the worst its ever been cant even stream the feed it just kicks me back to the menu. and why wasnt there a live feed for shrlanka v west indies just england v the aussies and later on in december new zeland series just a way to cash in on the ashes knowing it wont or ever will work right beta indeed

i couldnt get on between 5 and 6

got on at 6 and its now 6.20 and only buffered once

horizon

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Status report: The re-buffering problem has been less pronounced this evening, with an occurrence of around once every 3 to 5 minutes. Typically, after buffering has completed, 20 seconds of previously viewed video is repeated before it catches up. This is an improvement from yesterday when it was re-buffering about once every 30 seconds (My speedtest download speed at the time was 9Mbps). I have found the stream to be more watchable than previous nights because the re-buffering itself (i.e. The time that the progress bar is displayed) is relatively quick (No more than 1 or 2 seconds, compared with > 10 seconds yesterday).

:idea: Here is an observation regarding the kick back to the main menu: The Roku box kicks back to the main Willow menu after I login to the Willow website and start watching the live feed via the web browser. This may be intentional to prevent the account from being used by two viewers. Not scientific I know ... but I ran two tests and this kick-back behavior occurred on both occasions. I didn't want to push my luck because the third time I tried this test, the following error was displayed in the web browser when I clicked on the "Live" feed icon. Yikes! :o

Logged in from different location
Your session has ended since you have logged in from a different location/browser instance. You are allowed to login from only one browser at a given time. SHARING LOGIN/PASSWORD CREDENTIALS IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. Your account will be disabled if multiple logins are detected. Willow TV reserves the right to cancel your subscription without refund if login credentials are shared.

If you suspect that your Email/Password has been stolen by someone, please update your password. To update your password login to your account and click on "My Profile" at the bottom of the page.

cricfan1

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 pm

hey ,please be careful about willow tv, they keep charging your credit card each month

There is no way of canceling it on their website and also no ph # to call

If you write to their support line they do not respond for weeks!!

I will not recommend willow tv to anyone, I just had a very bad experience and heard the same from others as well...

And they also charge extra for canceling your subscription

bhatlapenumarthi

Dont go with Willow.tv

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:03 pm

willow.tv is the worst customer service that I have ever seen . I strongly recommend that no one should take it. If you wish to cancel your subscription, willow.tv customer support will show you stars on day time. you can see the below email chain that how many times I requested them to cancel my subscription. For the purpose of confidentiality, I removed my original name and email from the email below.

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 3:54 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear, Please respond with cancellation confirmation. I know that you are receiving and reading this email but why are you not responding? Do you require any further information regarding my subscription? Please respond.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

For the prupose of the record, I am sending this to my lawyers. Please ensure that there is no charge on my credit card next time except the 5$ cancellation fee (As 2 billing cycles are completed)

Since there is no reply from your side regarding the cancellation confirmation, I am assuming that it gets cancelled.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear, Please respond the cancellation confirmation. Kindly give me a call if I am not clear.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear, Please respond the cancellation confirmation. I am not able to find any phone contact number in the "Terms and Conditions" that shows during the initial sign up.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:58 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear, Please respond in email with confirmation of the subscription cancellation.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:42 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear,

Please respond. Kindly do not charge my credit card effective next time. Kindly consider this email as a request to cancel the subscription .

Please note that as a member of the pre paid legal services (http://www.prepaidlegal.com), I have all the right to file a legal suite in case my credit card is charged next time. Two billing cycles are completed as per cancellation process of willow.tv and I am no longer interested in willow.tv

Thanks,
yyyyyy

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear,

This is a gentle reminder to take action on your part. Please do not charge my credit card any more. Please reply in email with confirmation on the same.

Thanks,
yyyyyy

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM, aaaa bbbbbb <xxxyyyy@xxxxx.com> wrote:

Dear,

Please cancel my subscription once the second month period is completed. 2 billing cycles have been completed. Please do not charge my credit card any more.

Thanks,
xxxxxx

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM, <support@willow.tv> wrote:

This email confirms that you have paid Willow TV an amount of USD $14.99
towards monthly subscription.

--------------------------------
Payment Details:
--------------------------------

Amount Charged: $14.99
Currency: U.S Dollars
Order ID: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Package ID: 1188
Package Name: Willow Monthly Subscription
Buyer:
Address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please contact us at support@willow.tv in case of any queries regarding
the subscription or cancellation process. An amount of $5 will be charged
as cancellation fee. Minimum of 2 billing cycles is a must before a
cancellation request is processed.

Thanks,
willow.tv

mkiker2089

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 pm

If enough people file fraud charges with their credit card company they'll change their ways. I've seen websites shut down over issues like this. Visa / Mastercard (it's one company, most people don't know that) adds hefty fees to companies that have charge backs. It could literally bankrupt them.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.