Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
wiggans
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Orb Caster problem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I an having a problem getting my Sirius/XM channel to work. I followed all the instructions re: my XM online account, chose to download ORB and Orbcaster as opposes to Tversity. I opened an account on ORB, but when I try to open the channel I get the error message "Orbcaster does not appear to be running. I went for help with ORB chat, where I disabled Avast just to trouble shoot, but no luck. I got the same message. I then whent into orbacaster to make sure it was working and I was able to stream audio. So it is working. I then downloaded Tversity, but can't get back to any settings. Once I click on the channel I get the error message, so I can't even check out Tversity. The Chat Man suggested I reach out to Kean, at theendless@performance.com I did, but have not heard anything back. Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas? Thanks, in advance.
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Orb Caster problem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm

wiggans wrote:
I an having a problem getting my Sirius/XM channel to work. I followed all the instructions re: my XM online account, chose to download ORB and Orbcaster as opposes to Tversity. I opened an account on ORB, but when I try to open the channel I get the error message "Orbcaster does not appear to be running. I went for help with ORB chat, where I disabled Avast just to trouble shoot, but no luck. I got the same message. I then whent into orbacaster to make sure it was working and I was able to stream audio. So it is working. I then downloaded Tversity, but can't get back to any settings. Once I click on the channel I get the error message, so I can't even check out Tversity. The Chat Man suggested I reach out to Kean, at theendless@performance.com I did, but have not heard anything back. Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas? Thanks, in advance.

I am "Kean", I guess... and it's permanence.com, which is probably why you haven't heard back anything. ;)
If Orb Caster is running, then it sounds like your username and password may be entered incorrectly into the channel. The channel checks with my.orb.com to see if Orb Caster is running, so if you're getting that error, it means the channel can't log into my.orb.com with your credentials. If you log into http://my.orb.com, does everything work from there?

As for not being able to get past the error, it should be giving you the option to open the channel anyway. Is it not?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
wiggans
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

I was able to go back and clear and start over. It is working fine now. Thanks. I do have a second ? Once I get on a station and want to back out for another station, the back arrow won't get me back. I have to hit the Home button that brings me back out to the channel screen any ideas? I know you are not Roku. I was just wondering if you had a thought. Thanks
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Orb Caster problem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 pm

wiggans wrote:
I was able to go back and clear and start over. It is working fine now. Thanks. I do have a second ? Once I get on a station and want to back out for another station, the back arrow won't get me back. I have to hit the Home button that brings me back out to the channel screen any ideas? I know you are not Roku. I was just wondering if you had a thought. Thanks

I'm not Roku, but I did write the channel, so it's valid to ask me... ;)
The back button is new to the new line of Roku players and wasn't available when the channel was originally written, so it hasn't been implemented on the channel screen. To back out of that screen, press Up instead. I'll add back button functionality to my To Do list.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
Nontech
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am

Re: Orb Caster problem

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 am

I have been trying to connect my Roku/Sirius channel using Orb. I get a confirmation that my Sirius user/password is valid and that my Orb user/password is valid. When I open a Sirius channel - doesn't matter which one - the screen states "Buffering 6%" and then it makes it to 13% before I get an error that the connection timed out. What can be wrong?
 
erring
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Orb Caster problem

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm having the same problem with the buffering stopping at 6%. Anybody else having this same issue? Any resolution. I've called Roku and XM Radio and they have not been any help. I will try Orb next, but they are the free service, not sure if they have a vested interest as I'm not using an Orb product
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Orb Caster problem

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:55 pm

erring wrote:
I'm having the same problem with the buffering stopping at 6%. Anybody else having this same issue? Any resolution. I've called Roku and XM Radio and they have not been any help. I will try Orb next, but they are the free service, not sure if they have a vested interest as I'm not using an Orb product

Neither SiriusXM nor Orb will be of any help. Neither is associated with the SiriusXM channel. I developed the channel independently.
The issue may be with a feature that was made optional in Orb 3.0, that no needs to be enabled manually. Open the Orb control panel, access the Users tab, and make sure the "Enable Remote Access" option is checked. If it is not, check it, and set up an account for remote access. That username and password are what you should use for the Orb credentials in the Roku channel. Let me know if that gets you up and running.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
MonkeyFace
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

I have just activated my Roku and added the XM Radio channel. However, I'm getting the "Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, Orb Caster is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel." Everything checks out when I go thru the settings. I even tried several times to clear it out and re-enter my information. No luck. Any suggestions? This would be awesome if it worked.
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Orb Caster problem

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

MonkeyFace wrote:
I have just activated my Roku and added the XM Radio channel. However, I'm getting the "Unable to play channel. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet, Orb Caster is running, and that you are subscribed to this channel." Everything checks out when I go thru the settings. I even tried several times to clear it out and re-enter my information. No luck. Any suggestions? This would be awesome if it worked.

MonkeyFace, take a look at the Orb installation walkthrough here, particularly from Step 12 on... http://www.permanence.com/roku/siriusxm/orb_setup.htm
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
MonkeyFace
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I finally got around to taking a look and unfortunately I'm running into two problems. One, you've got a PC set up and I'm using a Mac. Two, the software seems to be totally different now. The installation method is different and no longer takes you through those menus. I'm at a loss what to do.
 
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 9231
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Orb Caster problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

MonkeyFace wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I finally got around to taking a look and unfortunately I'm running into two problems. One, you've got a PC set up and I'm using a Mac. Two, the software seems to be totally different now. The installation method is different and no longer takes you through those menus. I'm at a loss what to do.

The installation process itself may be different than the screenshots (it's a bit more involved on the PC), but you don't need to do anything special during the actual installation. Once running, click on the Orb icon in the menu bar, select "Control Panel", select the "Users" tab, and the steps should be identical to those on the page I linked, starting at Step 12. I just verified this on my Mac with the latest version of Orb Caster installed.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
 
MonkeyFace
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Somehow I managed to install an old 2.5 version, remedied that. However, after carefully walking thru the steps on that page, I'm still running into the same problem. All of the credentials check out, I get success each time then when I go to select a channel, Error Unable to play channel. I can use XM on my computer via the webpage no problem. This is pretty frustrating. I thank you for your patience. Hopefully there's some trick to make this work cuz nothing is so far.
 
MonkeyFace
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:06 pm

SUCCESS!!! I reset the device back to factory settings and started over. Entered everything again and it worked!! AWESOME! Thanks again for your prompt responses, patience and help!
 
fdesantis
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Orb Caster problem

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:27 pm

My SiriusXM channel was working till arround June time frame. Now I get an error saying that I sould check my network connection and verifiy that TVersity server is working.

* I verified TVersity is running,
* The XM user name and password test out ok.
* The IP Address and port number test out ok.
* I verified that I have no connection problems.
* The other channels on my Roku stream just fine.
* I can see the ROKU box on the TVersity Status panel on the computer.

* I tried changing the case of the password from all upper case to lower case and back.
* I tried changing the case of the user name from lower case and back
* I even installed OrbCaster and tried it out (seperately from TVersity).

I get the same result regardles of what I try. It's frustrating, I enjoyed the flower out of this channel when it was working. I'd like to be able to use it again.

Anyone know what the problem might be or what I can try next?


Thanks for your help,

Frank DeSantis
f_desantis@yahoo.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests