Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

[Private Channel] TV.com (No longer available)

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 am

I've put together a new channel based on the TV.com iPhone application. It has a very limited subset of the content available on the website, but includes many full episodes of recent and classic television show, as well as some web shows.
It's still missing a few features that I want to add, but since I'm headed out of the country for a couple weeks, I wanted to get this out there before then. As always, I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!

You can add the channel via the following link: (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
Last edited by TheEndless on Tue May 03, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

BoloMKXXVIII

Re: [Private Channel] TV.com (TVCOM)

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 am

I will check it out when I get back from my holiday vacation.

I hope you enjoy your holiday. You certainly deserve it!
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.

luckyman

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 am

Endless,

Just want to say Thank You for creating this channel. Many of the shows I remember from years pass.

This is exactly the type of channel I have been looking for.

Keep up the good work. :D :D :D

candita

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:33 am

TY Endless!! Awesome as always :-)

chris0071

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 am

Fantastic channel.

Thank you.

Heyitsrick

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:23 am

Doesn't tv.com have all the original Star Trek episodes?

Cloudscout

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:11 am

Great channel!

Just a couple comments:

1) Frame-rate seems to be around 15fps. I suspect there's nothing you can do about this, though, since you said you're pulling the feed designed for iOS devices.
2) I've tried four different shows so far. I was able to watch NCIS, Star Trek and Twin Peaks but when I try to play any of the Love Boat episodes, it flashes the "Loading" bar a few times and then returns to the episode menu.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks all!

Heyitsrick wrote:
Doesn't tv.com have all the original Star Trek episodes?

Yes sir.

Cloudscout wrote:
Great channel!
Just a couple comments:
1) Frame-rate seems to be around 15fps. I suspect there's nothing you can do about this, though, since you said you're pulling the feed designed for iOS devices.
2) I've tried four different shows so far. I was able to watch NCIS, Star Trek and Twin Peaks but when I try to play any of the Love Boat episodes, it flashes the "Loading" bar a few times and then returns to the episode menu.

1) I've found that in most cases, at least with the newer content, the framerate picks up after watching for a few minutes.
2) Oops. In an effort to get the channel to play the better quality streams, I set the minimum bandwidth a little too high for the love boat videos. I've fixed that now. Please enter and exit the channel store to update.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Bonneville44

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:47 am

unbelieveable. thanks!

You know they have a cartoon network iphone app now too! (just released)

peeper

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 am

Fantastic! As always thanks to The Endless!

LilHelp

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Great channel nice content provided from the ClassicTV catagory! The only suggestion I can make is the difference in audio 'volume' between the commercials and the episode being played. If you can dynamically auto-modify the volume to be at a constant same level for the commercial as well as the episode it would be nice! Commericals are kinda loud but agree with you in having them. Great job otherwise! :-)

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:17 pm

LilHelp wrote:
Great channel nice content provided from the ClassicTV catagory! The only suggestion I can make is the difference in audio 'volume' between the commercials and the episode being played. If you can dynamically auto-modify the volume to be at a constant same level for the commercial as well as the episode it would be nice! Commericals are kinda loud but agree with you in having them. Great job otherwise! :-)

The audio and commercials are both outside of my control, I'm afraid. Those are part the stream coming from tv.com.

shelleyp

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 pm

TheEndless wrote:
I've put together a new channel based on the TV.com iPhone application. It has a very limited subset of the content available on the website, but includes many full episodes of recent and classic television show, as well as some web shows.
It's still missing a few features that I want to add, but since I'm headed out of the country for a couple weeks, I wanted to get this out there before then. As always, I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!

You can add the channel via the following link: https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=TVCOM

Excellent interface. How wonderful to have another option.

New toy! New toy!

Thank you.

kumasuki

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Might you be getting a new moniker soon :?: Like maybe Roku_Endless!

Enjoy your holidays!
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box

JRob

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Awesome. I've missed Letterman and Ferguson since cutting the cable. I could get them in pieces via the YouTube channel, but this is a lot easier to sift through (and full episodes are available). Also happy to have Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks here.