Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

thelastknight69

Re: TV power cycles when browsing Roku

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm

some thing to think about (not sure if this step was taken but I only skimmed) you may want to see if your TV's manufacture has away of flashing their firmware (I had to with my Sony Bravia) mine was doing some thing similar to this with my HDMI when ever I switched inputs Sony told me it had to do with HDMI and power output. but upgrading the firmware via the USB input hidden in the back solved the problem right away.

as for Vizio some people may have had better luck than I but I was one of the first owners of one of their products and was very unhappy with the product. The power supply that was inside the TV burnt out after 14 months (two months past the warranty) so of course to repair the unit it was going to cost 200+ bucks depending on how many hours it was going to take to replace. A friend of mine in PA had the same problem with his so they lost my vote.

lcharlesjr
Topic Author

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

Well what do you know. Haven't really done anything but the problem has stopped. I upgraded to the XDS a couple days ago but even the couple days before it arrived and I still had the XD connected the problem had ceased. Electronics. Go figure.

Thanks all for your input.

bc24

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:40 pm

jeffrok wrote:
bc24 wrote:
Ah the joys of owning cut rate electronics. I learned that lesson long ago. Price should never be the only consideration when purchasing something like a TV.

True, but Sony and Samsung TVs are overpriced. Don't get me wrong, I love my Sony XBR but if I had to do it over again, I'd get a Vizio or another reputable off-brand.

Vizio is not a cut rate brand. I don't even consider them an off-brand anymore. Element, and the like are off-brand. My Vizio TV is awesome. When I bought it, it was between it, a Samsung and a Toshiba. The Vizio beat them both in price and picture quality.