Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tekpedia
Topic Author

Podcast Alternative

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 pm

I recently tried some of the podcast channels and was very disappointed in that I want to ad my own subscriptions. I decided to take a low-tek approach. I use RoksBox to stream from my desktop. I set up a sync program (synctoy 2.1) to sync the video podcasts iTunes library to a folder on my mongoose server (RoksBox). I have tested this on about 10 different podcasts and it works so far.

Anyway I thought I would pass this along.

matt47

Re: Podcast Alternative

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:40 pm

There is a itunes podcasts private channel that I think you can search in.

KennyJ

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm

iTunes has the entire iTunes directory available.

Mediafly and CDNTwo let you enter your own feeds.

tekpedia
Topic Author

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Yes, I tried the itunes channel, I found that it was having issues playing the majority of content. Could be my connection or where the channel is hosted from. I also tried CDNTwo, but I may give this another look.
Thanks for the feedback.

kateharp

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I found the itunes channel to have minimal choices available from their store. Everything I find on the itunes store doesn't turn up on the roku search. : (

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:20 pm

kateharp wrote:
I found the itunes channel to have minimal choices available from their store. Everything I find on the itunes store doesn't turn up on the roku search. : (

Can you provide some examples? The iTunes Podcasts channel searches iTunes directly, so there shouldn't be any podcasts in iTunes that can't be found in the channel.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)