Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuChris
Topic Author

Re: EyeTV

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:31 pm

To confirm that iPhone access is working, go to http://[MAC_IP]:2170/eyetv/ in a browser. You should see eyetv's web interface. Thats about all I can think to suggest. The Homerun is unique in not being a USB tuner so it may work differently with EyeTV. Hard to say.

pbrunnen

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi all,
First off, I want to say a huge Thank You to "Nowhere Man" for the creation of this channel. When I stumbled upon it I was so delighted! This channel will be one of my all-time favorites. :)

I do have a question. I was watching a pre-recorded show (already encoded) and it seems to stop and buffer quite often (once every 1-2min). I realize that it might be my wifi, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other settings or debugging suggestions...

Thanks! -Cheers, Peter :D

EDIT:
Ok... After hardwiring the roku and my Mac on the same switch (100Mb) it's quite a lot better. Guess I will need to look for an N wireless a.p. :)
Thanks again!

terster

Re: EyeTV & Windows 2003

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:44 pm

HI,

I'm sure this has been asked but i'm not finding the answer via keyword searching... is there any way to get EYETV installed on a windows or in particular, Windows Server 2003 so that i can then stream to my ROKU?

This seems like such a great app/plugin/channel... and i love nowhereman's stuff.

Unfortunately, i don't have a Mac.

I do see the post from a month ago that says mac only... but that was also a month ago.

My wife has an Ipad, but i don't get how i would get that to stream from her IPAD (1) to the ROKU.

So again, is there any way to get this installed in a windows environment?

If not, any thoughts if there are any plans... to bring it to the windows environment and if so, when?

I'm like many others... i stumbled upon this and my first thought was "oh, how cool is this!!" and then saw Mac only and started bumming. LOL

Thanks for allowing the question.

Terster

RokuChris
Topic Author

Re: EyeTV & Windows 2003

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:31 pm

terster wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked but i'm not finding the answer via keyword searching... is there any way to get EYETV installed on a windows or in particular, Windows Server 2003 so that i can then stream to my ROKU?

The EyeTV software is a Mac only product.

terster wrote:
If not, any thoughts if there are any plans... to bring it to the windows environment and if so, when?

You'd have to ask Elgato (http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainme ... t1.en.html)

sensel

Nowhere DVR can’t find EyeTV, now what?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I have EyeTV 3.5.1 recording OTA TV to an iMac 2.66 Intel core i5 running 10.6.8 RAM at max. No problems there.

I have a Roku 2 XS. No problems there. I watch Amazon instant, weather, Pandora, etc. all the time via wi-fi.

My network is via an Airport Extreme n first generation. No problems there. Small cottage and very strong signal.

I turned on the features to allow EyeTV to broadcast to iPhone/Pad and checked it using the web method (since I don’t own a pad, pod, or phone) and it works.

I set port mapping on the AE to 2170 and the IP address of the iMac. I opened up the firewall on the Mac for EyeTV and EyeConnect. I did all the rest of the things you have to do.

Despite all that. The Nowhere DVR can’t find the EyeTV on the iMac. When I enter it all manually, it cannot find the EyeTV.

I could really use some help to get this working as, all seems fine but, there is something not right on the network stuff I entered (I think?) and, I find networking very complex and full of gibberish I don’t understand. There is also no step by step instruction on how to do this anywhere.

hartjamw

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Try turning off the passcode for iphone access. I turned this on and immediately saw Roku not be able to access the eyetv. Once i turned it off, it worked again.

ekkk007

Roku Nowhereman DVR & EyeTV - Can't Access Recordings

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

I've been running the Nowhereman DVR on Roku and accessing my EyeTV recordings running on a iMac for months until the recent channel update to the DVR channel and the EyeTV software update of version 3.5.6 (6920).

In the Roku nowhereman DVR I can hit Live TV and can access the channels from the EyeTV tuner on the mac.

When I try to click Recordings - it says Retrieving for a split second and then exits the channel back to the Roku home screen.

I can access live TV and recordings with no problem from the EyeTV browser from an iPad, iPhone, and safari on another mac. The iPhone access password is off.

It was awesome to watch my EyeTV recordings on my TV with Roku. It would be cool to get this back.

Thanks for the help.

slessard

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 am

In the Roku nowhereman DVR I can hit Live TV and can access the channels from the EyeTV tuner on the mac.

When I try to click Recordings - it says Retrieving for a split second and then exits the channel back to the Roku home screen.

+1

The Nowhere DVR app on my Roku 2 XS can access live TV, but always fails when trying to access recordings. I checked the logs on my Mac where EyeTV is running and all I can find is this:

1/13/13 10:04:28 AM   Firewall[7394]   Allow EyeConnect connecting from 192.168.1.3:50136 to port 2170 proto=6

So it seems everything is working correctly on the Mac side of things. Is there any way to see logs or other diagnostic info on the Roku side of things?

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:24 pm

The Nowhereman, aka RokuChris, follows the forum closely. I suspect he'll be along shortly.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

pbrunnen

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm

I also have the same issue with the recordings... I have a Roku 1.
For me it broke when I upgraded to EyeTV v3.5.6 (build 6920) even before the update to the channel.

Thanks. -Cheers, Peter.

RokuChris
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

pbrunnen wrote:
I also have the same issue with the recordings... I have a Roku 1.
For me it broke when I upgraded to EyeTV v3.5.6 (build 6920) even before the update to the channel.

I just updated one of my EyeTV setups to v3.5.6 (build 6920) and haven't been able to reproduce the problem. My other rig has been on v3.5.6 (build 6919) for a while and is working fine as well, so it's hard to say what might be causing this problem. I'll keep my eyes open and if anyone finds any other clues, feel free to share them here.

jkbucks

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey Nowhereman,

First of all, thanks for your kickass channels.

Secondly, I wanted to chime in and say that I am also having the same issue where Nowhere DVR crashes upon calling up recorded shows on the latest build, on two different Roku models.

I can access the EyeTV recordings from my browser and iPhone as well.

Any more info I can provide, I would be glad to help.

Thanks again!

RokuChris
Topic Author

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 pm

jkbucks wrote:
Secondly, I wanted to chime in and say that I am also having the same issue where Nowhere DVR crashes upon calling up recorded shows on the latest build, on two different Roku models.

If anyone having this problem would be willing to help troubleshoot, drop me a PM with your email address.

RokuChris
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

jkbucks wrote:

I published an update to the channel that I hope will fix the crash. Thanks to those who helped track down the problem.

Mac64

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Love the channel and have a dumb question that I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to improve the quality of streaming and way back on I think the second page of this thread it talks about changing default values in a file called main.js for the life of menu can't find that file.
If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks