I developed a Roku channel for NPVR that allows you to watch, search and schedule recordings directly from your Roku. You won't need your NPVR machine next to your TV anymore.
Use this software at your own risk. Read readfirst.txt in the zip file
The source code is included. The source code for the Roku channel is available on request.
To install it, first download on your NPVR machine the server application:
Unzip it somewhere on your disk, and then edit the roku.ini file:
1. Replace Auto with NPVR's machine IP, example:
... or leave it Auto and the application will try to get the IP automatically.
2. Replace 8000 with the port number you would want your server to listen to, or leave it 8000.
3. Replace C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ with the folder where your npvr.db3 file resides.
4. Replace __secret__ with the password you use to get on NPVR's web interface.
5. Save the roku.ini file and start the Roku.exe
6. Edit your PostProcessing.bat file from NPVR's Scripts folder and add this line:
call "_path_\ConvertVideo.bat" %1
(replace _path_ with the path where you unziped the files)
7. Restart "NPVR Recording Service"
8. Install NPVR Roku channel on your Roku box by following this link:
NextPVR Roku channel will ask you for the server's IP, enter the IP of the machine where you have Roku.exe running and the port you have in roku.ini file, for example:
I will make a video today or tomorrow and I will link it here with instructions.
Let me know if you have any problems.