Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

lv42daze

Re: roConnect - New Channel to Stream From Computer to Roku

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 pm

funny a software engineer cant get a FREE product to work, but what can i say haters gonna hate.

i did have some tweeking to do to get this app to work but i found all the info i needed on the faq or the forum. im really liking this little app, i run it side by side plex and love all the options these two FREE products provide. obviously the indexing is not working properly but ive just been using the search feature and its fine. so thanks a bunch for the app saul and if you need any beta testers for future releases or coding assistance im happy to help.

castalla

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 am

Last time I looked - roConnect isn't Free ... and I couldn't get it working either. Got absolutely no help at the so-called user forum or via the so-called support system. A rip-off in my books.

Doug Huffman

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Newbie here. I've had my ROKU two weeks. My viewing pleasures tend to the academic/scientific/technical, areas not well served by the entertainment industry. My two day old roConnect seems to be functioning as promised - to stream my videos across the room to the ROKU. I haven't figured the directory structure to stream from a "Music" directory. Right now it is in 'Public' with 'Videos'.

Saul, it has been a great boost to my confidence to get roConnect and its support up and running. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

farside847

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 am

I installed this and I am having an issue. All the videos i put in the video directory come up with blank details. i tried mp4 and m4v. Not even a title. Also the indexing seems to never complete. Has anyone solved this issue? Still not even able to test it yet...

RickRansom

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:39 am

farside847 wrote:
I installed this and I am having an issue. All the videos i put in the video directory come up with blank details. i tried mp4 and m4v. Not even a title. Also the indexing seems to never complete. Has anyone solved this issue? Still not even able to test it yet...

I've tried roConnect in the past and it wasn't really a smooth experience. I see that you've tried Chaneru and roksbox[?] - how about Plex? That's the most user-friendly media server that works with the Roku player that I've come across so far.
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games

farside847

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm

RickRansom wrote:
farside847 wrote:

I've tried roConnect in the past and it wasn't really a smooth experience. I see that you've tried Chaneru and roksbox[?] - how about Plex? That's the most user-friendly media server that works with the Roku player that I've come across so far.

I was hoping that I could find a movie-centric menu system. Plex works great, but I find it a bit awkward - maybe I should look into ways of customizing the roku display of plex content? not sure if this is even possible.

So far I like the roxbox interface the best, but I wish I didnt need to select videos every time I load the silly thing :/

thanks

Macherb

Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 pm

I've gotten Ro-Connect to work fine. My only problem is that I have movies, music and photos stored on an external HD and can't seem to get the configuration to see the external HD. When I enter the path as /Volumes/{harddrive name}/{folder on hardrive}/ I get "Volumes/{harddrive name}/{folder on hardrive}/ is not a x valid directory." Any ideas on how to get it to see the external drive on a Mac?