Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jimbanville

Re: Crackle Updated

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm

I can't believe the b*tching here about a channel that is showing some really good movies for FREE! People...PLEASE!!! :(

Buckeye911

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm

qwert1111 wrote:
Great channel. Why can't regular Hulu work like this again?

Good point, that would be excellent.

rjdriver

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 am

chris0071 wrote:
The only problem that I have with the commercials is that they throw them in at completely unnatural spots, such as mid sentence.

Has anyone watched a movie all the way through and made note of the number of commercial breaks? I really like their new line up and the video quality is equal to a 4 dot netflix stream, and I don't mind the commerical at the begining, and wouldn't mind a few breaks in a 1 1/2 or 2 hour movie, but if this ends up being like a typical cable movie channel with 20+ minutes of commerical per hour, that will be disappointing.
LG 42" 1080, Sony S550 Blu Ray, Pioneer VSX 512S, Harmony One, Roku 3-wired, Fire TV Stick, FlircUSB, 30Mb, Antenna. Coventry RI, USA

bcl

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 am

Nice channel guys! Keep up the good work.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 am

rjdriver wrote:
Has anyone watched a movie all the way through and made note of the number of commercial breaks?

I've watched a couple. Maybe 2 or 3 short commercials per movie. I didn't find them excessive or objectionable, although sometimes the way they're inserted can be a bit jarring.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

PutneySwope

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 am

Would def be a great channel if I could actually watch something. :(

RokuPatrick

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

PutneySwope wrote:

Which content have you tried and what types of problems are you having. We're told there were intermittent issues in the past couple of days but that things are looking pretty good now.

candita

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

I've tried several comedy shows & a couple of movies...with the 1/2 hour shows sometimes I can play a couple of shows from a season with no problem & then all at once it won't let me load any show..it plays the commercial & shoots me back to the title screen...other times I can play half the show & then it kicks me back to the title screen & won't let me resume..I have to start that show over again..then I tried to watch a movie & at first no sound then the sound went out..I restarted the movie & it played fine after that.

Rsc938

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Well the commercials play just fine but after that it just goes back to the main screen.
Oh well I'm sure things will get better but with my luck by the time they work all the bugs out that's when they'll start charging for it.

rjdriver

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

kc8pql wrote:
rjdriver wrote:
Has anyone watched a movie all the way through and made note of the number of commercial breaks?

I've watched a couple. Maybe 2 or 3 short commercials per movie. I didn't find them excessive or objectionable, although sometimes the way they're inserted can be a bit jarring.

I can deal with that. Thanks.
LG 42" 1080, Sony S550 Blu Ray, Pioneer VSX 512S, Harmony One, Roku 3-wired, Fire TV Stick, FlircUSB, 30Mb, Antenna. Coventry RI, USA

vnzjunk

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 am

Just watched a 2 hour movie start to finish........no glitches whatsoever.

Thanks for whoever did the crackle channel. Its a winner for sure.

xackley

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 am

RokuPatrick wrote:
PutneySwope wrote:

Which content have you tried and what types of problems are you having. We're told there were intermittent issues in the past couple of days but that things are looking pretty good now.

Day 1
Cheap Detective, entire movie played, then nothing I tried on Crackle would get beyond the first commercial.
Day 2
Bewitched, watched ep. 1 and 2, then nothing I tried on Crackle would get beyond the first commercial.
Day 3
I Dream of Jennie, ep. 1 then nothing beyond commercial.
Day 4
3 Stooges, ep. 1 "Natzies", then .....

PutneySwope

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:45 am

UPDATE: After several days of Crackle not playing any movie I picked (it kicked me back to the Play screen each time) I tried it again today. I chose American Pop to watch, I'm currently into it about 2-3 minutes and its going fine. I'll see if it plays thru or stops etc and report back.

StellarRat

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

I had no problems with Crackle last night. Everything looks and sounds good. No surround of course. I wasn't aware of the channel until I read this thread. I'm pretty impressed with how much you get for "free".

Beeracuda

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm also having trouble with Crackle. I began to watch a full length movie, and had no problems for the first 40 minutes. Then I had to exit the movie for a short time, and when I came back I got the option to "RESUME". After hitting RESUME, the movie began to play for about 2 minutes, then tossed me back to the Play screen. I tried reloading, but again it eventually put me back to the Play screen. I completely exited the channel and tried again, but had the same result. I even tried to watch a TV episode, and never got it to start - just started to load, and then went back to the Play screen.

I really hope they fix this issue, because they do seem to have a lot of things not available on Netflix or Amazon VoD right now.