Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

danat275
Topic Author

inmoo channel now in roku store

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

they added a new channel called inmoo in the channel store...it's cool!!! it has tons of independent films even newer ones..looks like ti has lots of promise!!

vnzjunk

Re: inmoo channel now in roku store

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 am

+1

mommom

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:50 am

Watched a movie last night,the quality was great and the price can't be beat! :) :)

SuetyStanes

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 am

mommom wrote:
Watched a movie last night,the quality was great and the price can't be beat! :) :)

What is the pricing structure? Some free, some pay, pay for the channel, pay a subscription, free with commercials...?

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 am

I believe it's all free.. Maybe with ads- only tried it for a few minutes.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

mommom

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am

Free!!!!

MamaLuvsHerBox

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am

danat275 wrote:
they added a new channel called inmoo in the channel store...it's cool!!! it has tons of independent films even newer ones..looks like ti has lots of promise!!

flower you guys move fast! I hit submit on my post and there I was...right on top of you! :lol:
OK, I just went back & deleted my thread...but I'm putting it here just so I won't feel left out :cry:

Every Thursday night I eagerly go to the channel store to see what's new. Last night I found Inmoo
http://www.inmoo.com

I browsed through the catagories and read almost all of the movie descriptions. I was pleasently surprised. Also found some NF movies there.

I loaded several just to check out load time & quality. Everything loaded pretty fast and quality seemed just fine. The UI is like many of the other Roku channels. I was using the Roku on my old 480p tube tv, but I'll check it out again on the HD TV.

Seems like mainly independent films, with a few "heard of" titles and/or actors, which is fine by me. I also saw a few made-for-tv titles thrown in. I'm not expecting too much b/c I know how most independent films go, but if I get great storylines & plots, I'm good. There isn't a whole lot available yet, but it's brand-spanking new to Roku and hopefully I'll enjoy watching it's growth. I'm curious as to how the Festival catagory will pan out..

Just a couple of quirky things to know:

1) When you go to the Genre catagory, the individual genres are at the top of the screen (Just like Amazon). BUT, you have to actually click "ok" on the genre in order for it to load, then hit the "down" arrow. Amazon auto-loads the genre then you hit the "down" arrow

2) When you click on the movie & the synopsis screen comes up, look in the lower left hand corner. If you see a run-time of "0", the movie is unavailable. If a time is listed (ie 1:42m) then you're good to go.

Perhaps #2 is temporary as they are new and still getting it together.

Enjoy!
Mama
I mourn the loss of Unlimited HSI
DOD: 2011

SuetyStanes

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am

mommom wrote:
Free!!!!

Free with commercials, or no?

tensen

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 am

MamaLuvsHerBox wrote:
2) When you click on the movie & the synopsis screen comes up, look in the lower left hand corner. If you see a run-time of "0", the movie is unavailable. If a time is listed (ie 1:42m) then you're good to go.

Thats a useful tip to know in advance.
I loaded the channel into my Roku last night but didn't have time to do more than scan through the channels before I crashed for the night.

BobRoberts

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 am

Great new movie channel I added last night and so far have watched 3 films! From their website ..."inmoo.com is the largest authorized independent entertainment theater on the Web, providing free access to thousands of independent films from your computer, smartphone, tablet or living room."

This looks to be one of my most favorites!

Bee

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:26 am

It appears to me that a majority, but not all, of the independant films are also available from Netflix in one way or another, DVD or streaming.

mommom

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am

I saw no commercials but I did not see anything saying there will never be any,so fsr so good.

http://www.inmoo.com/

gnonny11

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Bee wrote:
It appears to me that a majority, but not all, of the independant films are also available from Netflix in one way or another, DVD or streaming.

True, but for those of us who are streaming only Netflix customers, what inmoo has that isn't available on Netflix Instant makes the channel well worth adding.

Trivia, fwiw: David Arquette is a co-founder.
Roku 4320x>HDMI<SonyBravia55//Ethernet

MamaLuvsHerBox

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

gnonny11 wrote:
True, but for those of us who are streaming only Netflix customers, what inmoo has that isn't available on Netflix Instant makes the channel well worth adding.

Trivia, fwiw: David Arquette is a co-founder.

Oh wow! If he has anything to do with what content they obtain & provide, I expect to see some pretty obscure, perhaps quirky movies.
I mourn the loss of Unlimited HSI
DOD: 2011

Tecmo SB Guy

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Anybody have this channel and try it lately?

I just added it last night from the channel store and every movie I go to says the length is 1 minute and 30 seconds and every time I try to play any movie on this channel, it doesn't play it all and jumps back to the previous screen.