Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Roku and MLB TV

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:10 pm

mikebdoss wrote:
jake441 The Total Troll wrote:
For anyone who did not have Roku with MLB TV last year, this all happened then as well. I am really disappointed in Roku for not getting their act together in the off-season.

The same thing would happen: games would reload, rebuffer, etc. We would go nuts on this board trying to get an answer.

They obviously don't care about their customers or at the very least don't care about making MLB happy. I think we should write to MLB and let them know Roku is degenerating their brand name. MLB will pull the plug on Roku immediately.

It's fraud to as far as I am concerned. If they don't give you a full refund, I would go directly to the Attorney General in my state and file a complaint. Just show them all the posts from last season.

Do you know how I know that you haven't read any of the other threads, OR know what you're talking about?

Unless you're a bad MLB.TV shill, you really should read up what's been discussed in the other discussions.

+1, these posts are as useful as summer re-runs.

Peace

brett

55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

ddevonb

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 pm

prosete wrote:
Only problem I've noticed is that the game will not stream on time, as scheduled. However, I know that it's on because I can watch it on my PC. Instead, the Roku will show the 'game hasn't started yet' message even after 3 or 4 min of actual play. Exiting via the 'home' button will eventually get me back to streaming the game.

No buffering problems, though, ever. Only one that re-buffers is Netflix.

What you need to do when you know the game has started is reset it on the Roku by backing out of MLB.TV and going back in. That will reset the game to current. You also just wait a few minutes after game time before going into MLB.TV. Although you may start a few minutes behind you can quickly catch up on commercial breaks. I typically wait about a half hour late. That allows me to watch the game a little quicker but still catch up to live before long.

ocean401

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:17 pm

April 13th issues

Cle-LAA. Started off on a good note. Managed to click right into the broadcast menu and click on the Cleveland broadcast and it came right up. So far so good. The quality of the stream, however, never really got above mediocre. I thought it might be a problem with the Cleveland feed so I tried to switch to the LAA feed, big mistake. Had all sorts of issues. Had the "checking connection" wheel that did nothing. Exit and reenter MLB channel. Then had the "getting scoreboard" wheel that did absolutely nothing. Exit and reenter channel. Then clicked several times and nothing happened. Exit, reenter, then had the "feed unavailable" message. And finally after exiting and reentering for like the 7th time, FINALLY got the LAA feed to work. Quality got slightly better but nothing great. Also had several "reload" issues while watching.
After a few innings tried to change back to the CLE feed, only to have a few more issues. After a couple of tries got it to work and after 2 innings the quality of the stream is actually excellent. I'm just dreading what happens when this game is over and I try to switch to another one...

bsdbum

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

If you want to vent, go ahead. However, leave the profanity out.

bsdbum

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:54 pm

And now that the game is over I have to wait 90mins+ to see what happened... pffft lame as lame gets I tell you, and I still don't wanna buy a Volvo...

DaBronx

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Watching Yankee-Oriole game (Yankee feed) and in the 8th inning game went to loading screen and froze there.

Tried to get game back but live feed came back in the 2nd inning (6 innings in the past). I backed out of mlb.tv and re-entered and got the same, tried the Balt feed and got the same 2nd inning index as live.

Re-booted the Roku and now am watching the 9th inning live.

First issue all day, watched the early morning games too.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

wpbear

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:03 pm

I am watching on my PS3 tonight and watched the entire NAT/PHI game. It was great with no problems on the PS3. Sucked that PHI won though. I now moved over to the NYY game and started at the begining even though the game is almost over.

I know the issue is mostly a MLB thing not Roku but when late/end of a game and a Roku hiccup happens it always seems to not come back until the game ends and of course the archive isn't available yet. I am sure the same thing would happen if the PS3 froze but I have had the Roku stream freeze or box reboot more than 5 times and miss the end of a game this way and NEVER had this happen on the PS3. The stability of stream and/or app coding is more reliable on the PS3 I guess....but since the PS3 cost 3 times more I would hope it is better.

DaBronx

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:26 pm

bsdbum wrote:
And now that the game is over I have to wait 90mins+ to see what happened... pffft lame as lame gets I tell you, and I still don't wanna buy a Volvo...

I have learned a lot from those Volvo ads.

Did you know that Volvo invented the three point shot?

I didn't.

Did you know that the first Volvo to roll off the assembly line is often referred to as "Number One"?

I didn't.

Thank you Volkswagon.

Peace

brett

Buckeye911

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm

ocean401 wrote:
April 13th issues

Cle-LAA. Started off on a good note. Managed to click right into the broadcast menu and click on the Cleveland broadcast and it came right up. So far so good. The quality of the stream, however, never really got above mediocre. I thought it might be a problem with the Cleveland feed so I tried to switch to the LAA feed, big mistake. Had all sorts of issues. Had the "checking connection" wheel that did nothing. Exit and reenter MLB channel. Then had the "getting scoreboard" wheel that did absolutely nothing. Exit and reenter channel. Then clicked several times and nothing happened. Exit, reenter, then had the "feed unavailable" message. And finally after exiting and reentering for like the 7th time, FINALLY got the LAA feed to work. Quality got slightly better but nothing great. Also had several "reload" issues while watching.
After a few innings tried to change back to the CLE feed, only to have a few more issues. After a couple of tries got it to work and after 2 innings the quality of the stream is actually excellent. I'm just dreading what happens when this game is over and I try to switch to another one...

My experience with the Indians vs. Angels game was similar but it only lasted about 10-15 minutes. After that it was perfect for the rest of the game.

wpbear

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:08 am

wpbear wrote:
I am watching on my PS3 tonight and watched the entire NAT/PHI game. It was great with no problems on the PS3. Sucked that PHI won though. I now moved over to the NYY game and started at the begining even though the game is almost over.

I know the issue is mostly a MLB thing not Roku but when late/end of a game and a Roku hiccup happens it always seems to not come back until the game ends and of course the archive isn't available yet. I am sure the same thing would happen if the PS3 froze but I have had the Roku stream freeze or box reboot more than 5 times and miss the end of a game this way and NEVER had this happen on the PS3. The stability of stream and/or app coding is more reliable on the PS3 I guess....but since the PS3 cost 3 times more I would hope it is better.

Maybe something interesting here....

Last night I watched up to inning 3 on the PS3 (NYY/BAL). I didn't start until well into the 8th inning and planned to watch it through. I had to stop it after the 3rd inning and run to pick someone up. When I hit the stop video button the PS3 returned to scoreboard page and showed NYY Game over. I assumed I would not be allowed to reenter the game until the archive was posted (~90 min later), but that was not true. The PS3 allowed me back into the game right then and when I tested the Roku it said stream not avail and to wait for the archive.

I am going to test this more but it seems if you are in the middle of the game on the PS3 and exit you can reenter without waiting for the archive. That is a huge plus to me!

ocean401

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 am

April 14th

NYM-COL 12:10 game

Enter MLB channel at 12:20, clicked on the game, got "checking connection" wheel which spun then did nothing. Exit, renter. Clicked on game and got some kind of spinning wheel with message (don't remember) then it turned into the "checking connection" wheel and then nothing. Exit, reenter. Clicked and finally got into the game.

Are these issues with MLB, Roku, or my box?

retroworx

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:18 pm

DaBronx wrote:
+1, these posts are as useful as summer re-runs.

Peace

brett

tobarefeet

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

DaBronx wrote:
bsdbum wrote:

I have learned a lot from those Volvo ads.

Did you know that Volvo invented the three point shot?

I didn't.

Did you know that the first Volvo to roll off the assembly line is often referred to as "Number One"?

I didn't.

Thank you Volkswagon.

Peace

brett

Volvo invented the backseat knock up.
(It's true, mom fessed up years ago.)

Sparky

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

With only a few minor problems, my MLB/Roku experience has been good overall this past week and 100% better than the first week of the season. The only reloading, freezing and skipping issues I've been having recently have been when I tried to do a lot of rewinding and fast forwarding of live games.

One little problem I've been having more frequently lately happens when I just get into the MLB channel, or want to switch from watching one game to a different live game. Sometimes a game that I know is currently in progress shows up onscreen as "Replay" with the only option to "Go back" as if the game has ended. I have to exit out of MLB entirely, click back in and suddenly, the live feed viewing options come back onscreen. It's an annoyance, and some viewers may be fooled by these false status indications.

tobarefeet

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:13 pm

One feature that Boxee Box has for MLB TV app that would be terrific if Roku could have is 4 different audio feeds. 1- tv 2- radio 3- park feed (no announcers, using the field mics and PA announcer so it feels like you are sitting in stands) 4- sometimes spanish, sometimes park feed.