Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Zombies8myBrain
Topic Author

Unable to reactivate Roku (updated FIXED)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I've been running my Roku box fine for months now on wireless. I've been having speed issues when all my computers and Roku are running at the same time so I decided to switch to a wired connection. Once I switched I was unable to connect to Netflix but able to connect to everything else like Hulu and Crackle. Reset the box still the same no Netflix but everything else worked. Reactivated my Netflix and that worked but still unable to pull up my queue, kept saying internal error try again later. I then decided to do a factory reset on my box and now I am unable to get a code to activate my Roku box. I've tried both wireless and wired. It just sits there saying retrieving code or gives me an error saying unable to retrieve code. My internet is fine so I don't know what is going on. Any ideas or help?

UPDATE: So it looks like everything is up and running again. Guess it was just their activation server was down.
Last edited by Zombies8myBrain on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Unable to reactivate Roku

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Zombies8myBrain wrote:
I've been running my Roku box fine for months now on wireless. I've been having speed issues when all my computers and Roku are running at the same time so I decided to switch to a wired connection. Once I switched I was unable to connect to Netflix but able to connect to everything else like Hulu and Crackle. Reset the box still the same no Netflix but everything else worked. Reactivated my Netflix and that worked but still unable to pull up my queue, kept saying internal error try again later. I then decided to do a factory reset on my box and now I am unable to get a code to activate my Roku box. I've tried both wireless and wired. It just sits there saying retrieving code or gives me an error saying unable to retrieve code. My internet is fine so I don't know what is going on. Any ideas or help?

Please look at the Netflix Connection Issues thread at the top of the page...viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38756&start=45

Zombies8myBrain
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm

I see that people are having issues with Netflix but I reset my entire Roku box and now I'm unable to activate my Roku box let alone my Netflix.

thelastknight69

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

yeah i got the same problem got the usual answer just wait I've been just waiting for them to make this product stable for quite a while now, I thought this was supposed to be build on Linux but right now this is crashing and bugging more often than Windows ME

erictwall

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:30 pm

I am in the same boat.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 pm

thelastknight69 wrote:
yeah i got the same problem got the usual answer just wait I've been just waiting for them to make this product stable for quite a while now, I thought this was supposed to be build on Linux but right now this is crashing and bugging more often than Windows ME

I know you're frustrated, but it has nothing to do with the box. It's the websites that the box is dependent on (netflix.com and api.roku.com) that are currently having issues. If the sites that provide the content and the activation codes, there's nothing the box can do to magically make them work again...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Zombies8myBrain
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 pm

TheEndless wrote:
thelastknight69 wrote:

I know you're frustrated, but it has nothing to do with the box. It's the websites that the box is dependent on (netflix.com and api.roku.com) that are currently having issues. If the sites that provide the content and the activation codes, there's nothing the box can do to magically make them work again...

This is actually the first major issue I've had with my box, so its no big deal. At least its nothing on my end, guess I'll wait a few hours or till morning for it to get sorted out. I was just really strange I decided to change my connection and everything goes down. Oh well.

JimEspo

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Clearly something is wrong. I've been having similar problems tonight (first time for any problems with my box/set-up). I was able to retrieve a code and link the box, but now my Home Screen consists only of SETTINGS. Internet connection is fine; I actually started my own topic too, "NOT JUST NETFLIX IS OUT" -- so hopefully, there'll be some resolve to this system wide lock-out. For me too, it started with Netflix but also the Channel Store. I did a re-set and have the same issue.