Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JimEspo
Topic Author

NOT JUST NETFLIX THAT'S OUT

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Saw the post on the Roku website that Netflix streaming is down (see below). However, the issue also affects my Channel Store. It would not load in. Finally I did a full re-set on the box (through settings), was able to re-link the box to my account... BUT now all I see is the Settings icon and nothing else... no Amazon, no Hulu, no Netflix, NOTHING but the clickable banner which goes nowhere when I click on it. In addition to being upset I lost all my pre-sets, channels, shows, searches AND that I have to reconnect all my accounts (Amazon, Hulu, etc.) I am staring at a Home Screen that just consists of SETTINGS, and the time. My network connection is fine... EXCELLENT... all three lights are green. HELP!!

FROM THE ROKU SUPPORT PAGE FYI:
"Netflix Streaming Outage - Sunday April 3, 2011
Roku Support
posted this on Apr-03 20:04
(7:40PM PST)
Roku is aware of an issue preventing Netflix playback and activation. We are working with Netflix to resolve this and will provide an update to this page when available. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

Zombies8myBrain

Re: NOT JUST NETFLIX THAT'S OUT

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:55 pm

It appears to be that Roku is having issues along with Netflix. I reset my box and can't activate my box. Looks like we just need to wait till its fixed.

JimEspo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:57 pm

And I was replying to your post, while you were replying to mine. LOL. Good luck. I'll let you know if anything changes.

canaws
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 pm

It's just Netflix as far as I can tell. We decided to watch a drama on Crunchy Roll since we couldn't get Netflix to work and the Crunchy Roll channel is working fine. I haven't tried any other channels though.
Roku 3 (4230X) / 42" Sharp LED 1080p HDTV / RadioShack Amplified Indoor Antenna
Roku SE (2710X) / 25" Sharp SDTV / GE Indoor Antenna
ATT Uverse 18.0 Mbps / Motorola NVG589 Gateway

TheEndless

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Silly question, I know, but have you tried unplugging and replugging the Roku since you re-activated? If not, that may be worth a try. It could be that it wasn't able to access the channel store web site during the re-registration, so it wasn't able to add the main channels, which could potentially be fixed by a reboot.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

JimEspo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 pm

That's a good question @Endless... and yes, I have plugged/unplugged a few times.

@Canaws... the issue came when I, the same as Zombie, used the Settings > Reset Feature. I would be interested to know if you can access your Channel Store... but enjoy your movie first!

@RokuRyan, @RokuJamesL: Help, I'm in limbo with a Zombie. Actually, I like Zombies. Just hope the feeling is mutual. I'm sure we'd both like our systems back! :mrgreen:

mccormickatx

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 pm

New activation here - won't give me a code to link to the website. Tried all the resetting, and network internet checks.... all ok. Something must be down.

Zombies8myBrain

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 pm

mccormickatx wrote:
New activation here - won't give me a code to link to the website. Tried all the resetting, and network internet checks.... all ok. Something must be down.

Yeah Roku's activation service is down. Myself and a lot of other people are having the same issue.

mikebdoss

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Channel store has been flaky on both my boxes for 3+ months. Reboots usually fix it, for a short while. Long, long ago, one of the Roku engineers inquired, but that was the last I heard.

thelastknight69

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 pm

mikebdoss wrote:
Channel store has been flaky on both my boxes for 3+ months. Reboots usually fix it, for a short while. Long, long ago, one of the Roku engineers inquired, but that was the last I heard.

[begin sarcasm] oh but its just YOU or some thing YOU did or YOUR internet at fault here[/end sarcasm] bet you wont get them to admit that either lol every time some one trys to bring up an honest problem they have been having for a while now the "fan boys" jump down their throats saying YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU! mean while an ongoing problem gets sswept under the rug because its a problem with only a few products not the majority

renojim

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I can't access the Channel Store on either of my boxes.

-JT

JimEspo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:49 pm

LATEST ON ROKU WEB:

RESOLVED *** Netflix Streaming Outage - Sunday April 3, 2011
Roku Support
posted this on Apr-03 20:04
(8:50PM PST)
This issue has been updated by Netflix to be resolved.
(7:40PM PST)
Roku is aware of an issue preventing Netflix playback and activation. We are working with Netflix to resolve this and will provide an update to this page when available. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

=======

Um, no it is not resolved.

JimEspo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

RESOLVED 2 AM. Thank you. Now time for bed; no movie. At least it kept my channel line-up. Peace.

mccormickatx

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Up and running for me as well now. Allowed activation.