Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dellsweig
Topic Author

SirusXM channel issues

Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

Today, SirusXM re-ordered its channel lineup.

The one channel I normally play on the Roku - The Grateful Dead Channel moved and no longer plays on my Roku. I get an error 'unable to play channel. Other channels play just fine.
I also deleted my favorite (GD Channel) and reselected it from the 'Rock' list

I restarted Tversity on my server and reloaded the channel configs and still no go.

I verified the GD Channel still works by playing it on my iPhone APP with no problem.

SHould the Roku SirusXM channel automatically detect the change?
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: SirusXM channel issues

Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 am

Unfortunately, the channel will need an update to work with the channel re-order, but I won't be able to look into it until this weekend. Sorry...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dellsweig
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 am

TheEndless wrote:
Unfortunately, the channel will need an update to work with the channel re-order, but I won't be able to look into it until this weekend. Sorry...

Thanks - I appreciate!!!

texashildy

Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 am

I wondered if the channel changes would affect the Roku channel. Thanks for the info! We'll be patient... :)
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.

dellsweig
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 am

TheEndless wrote:

Just thinking about it - a "refresh channel list" under settings might be a good idea. I had to refresh the channel list in my PC based SirusXM streamer so that my Roku Soundbridge could play the channel

ryanxwalton

Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 am

TheEndless wrote:

The channel still works. They changed alot of the SXM icons and the channel names. The Grateful dead channel still works also.
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Wed May 04, 2011 9:13 am

dellsweig wrote:
TheEndless wrote:

Just thinking about it - a "refresh channel list" under settings might be a good idea. I had to refresh the channel list in my PC based SirusXM streamer so that my Roku Soundbridge could play the channel

The Roku channel uses a static list for its channels, because the "refresh" option in SiriusXMStreamer is a little too complex to pull of in BrightScript.

I've received some reports that XM users have been able to login and stream after entering their credentials as Sirius users, so it looks like Sirius|XM might actually finally be merging the two for real now. If there are any XM users that aren't able to stream right now, I would suggest trying that to see if it helps.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dellsweig
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2011 10:24 am

TheEndless wrote:
dellsweig wrote:
TheEndless wrote:

The Roku channel uses a static list for its channels, because the "refresh" option in SiriusXMStreamer is a little too complex to pull of in BrightScript.

I've received some reports that XM users have been able to login and stream after entering their credentials as Sirius users, so it looks like Sirius|XM might actually finally be merging the two for real now. If there are any XM users that aren't able to stream right now, I would suggest trying that to see if it helps.

Tried that - my credentials would not work for Sirius - only XM

osu1357

Fri May 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Any updates on the XM channel list fix? I still am unable to correctly receive any pop stations (i.e. Pop2K, Pulse, etc etc) ....

dellsweig
Topic Author

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 am

Well - it looks like XM Sirus may have made a small change to disable the streamer application...

I get "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000D1198 when I attempt to load a channel.

Anyone else??

jds2insure

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 pm

I AM HAVING SAME ISSUE. They took a week to get back to me only to suggest a fix that did not work. I thought it was my tv as I has a pre-installed roku stick built inside of the tv. Glad to know it is a ROKU software issue with last update. I knew I was not losing my mind as Pandora audio works. Tune In Radio does not.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:12 pm

jds2insure wrote:
I AM HAVING SAME ISSUE. They took a week to get back to me only to suggest a fix that did not work. I thought it was my tv as I has a pre-installed roku stick built inside of the tv. Glad to know it is a ROKU software issue with last update. I knew I was not losing my mind as Pandora audio works. Tune In Radio does not.

This thread is 3 years old. You may want to look at a more current thread to see if your issue is actually the issue being reported.

Also, Forum Guidelines.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan