Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JLev
Topic Author

Sirius/XM

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 am

Am I correct in assuming that Roku can no longer access Sirius/XM as of yesterday?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Sirius/XM

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 am

You are correct. The channel has been removed from the channel store for the time being. If I'm able to get it working again, I will do so, but at this point, it is no longer functional.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dellsweig

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:41 pm

TheEndless wrote:
You are correct. The channel has been removed from the channel store for the time being. If I'm able to get it working again, I will do so, but at this point, it is no longer functional.

Good Luck

MANY of us miss this channel on our Roku and the capability using your PC based streamer to the Roku Soundbridge

Personally I am lost without it...

FYI - The official Iphone App still works.....
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

TheEndless

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:50 pm

dellsweig wrote:

The official iPhone app uses encrypted AAC streams. Even if I could figure out how to decrypt them (which I have not interest in doing), the Roku doesn't support streaming AAC. Both the Roku channel and my Windows app relied on the legacy WMA streams, which went MIA yesterday... :(
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dellsweig

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 pm

TheEndless wrote:
dellsweig wrote:

The official iPhone app uses encrypted AAC streams. Even if I could figure out how to decrypt them (which I have not interest in doing), the Roku doesn't support streaming AAC. Both the Roku channel and my Windows app relied on the legacy WMA streams, which went MIA yesterday... :(

I really cant figure out the downside for Sirius/xm on this - either AAC or WMA require authentication and therefore a subscription....

I will really have to consider if keeping my subscription is worth it now as the primary access method was the Roku and Soundbridge.. I seldom use the iphone app and dont have a physical XM radio.....

Too bad - really

I appreciate your work on this over the years - thanks

bcanada12

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am

After Netflix, the SiriusXM channel is the channel I use the most. It would be great if this can be resolved.

m74731

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am

I have the same problem. Love Sirus/XM. Is this a Roku problem or a sirus problem >ove the channels.

Thanks all. Have 3 Rokus now. Love them Sure miss sirus.

kc8pql

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 am

m74731 wrote:
Is this a Roku problem or a sirus problem >ove the channels.

Neither really. It's just an inherent difficulty with third party software. When something changes, it's not always possible to fix.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

vinnyv07

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 am

I never used the Sirius ch on my Roku because I always used the dock that I purchased years ago for my ipod touch. I use to use Pocket Tunes to listen to Sirius and that ended up going down. That was great because it had a record function on it. Then I used MusicDock for the Ipod and that went down just last week. The Sirius app is currently the only way to access it on a mobile device right now. Sirius gives you 30 days free if you want to try their app. It is worth the 2.99 in my mind. I use it almost everyday in the house and at work while I am working. Plus they give you the MLB network as a part of the package. Not bad for $3 a mth.

TheEndless

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 am

vinnyv07 wrote:
I never used the Sirius ch on my Roku because I always used the dock that I purchased years ago for my ipod touch. I use to use Pocket Tunes to listen to Sirius and that ended up going down. That was great because it had a record function on it. Then I used MusicDock for the Ipod and that went down just last week. The Sirius app is currently the only way to access it on a mobile device right now. Sirius gives you 30 days free if you want to try their app. It is worth the 2.99 in my mind. I use it almost everyday in the house and at work while I am working. Plus they give you the MLB network as a part of the package. Not bad for $3 a mth.

Just to be clear. All of the applications that you mentioned that provide access to Sirius and XM internet radio streams require the $2.99/month internet radio subscription from SiriusXM. None of them are stealing and/or rebroadcasting the content. In fact, they all ultimately just redirect the player directly to the SiriusXM provided stream, after retrieving it with the credentials provided by the user.

dellsweig

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 am

Its back!!!!

Dont know if Endless had anything to do with it but looks like Sirius re-enabled the feeds!!

Well - Soundbridge is very happy again but my Roku cant play the Sirius (XM 23)
Last edited by dellsweig on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotok

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Great news!
I had given up and deleted it from my channel list so I had to add it back and configure it again.
It is working fine now and I sure hope that it stays that way.

TheEndless

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:11 pm

dellsweig wrote:
Its back!!!!

Dont know if Endless had anything to do with it but looks like Sirius re-enabled the feeds!!

Both my Roku and Soundbridge are very happy again

For Sirius users, most of the channels should work. XM users will likely still experience some of the same issues that cropped up after the channel renumbering a couple months ago.

dellsweig

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:24 pm

TheEndless wrote:
dellsweig wrote:
Its back!!!!

Both my Roku and Soundbridge are very happy again

For Sirius users, most of the channels should work. XM users will likely still experience some of the same issues that cropped up after the channel renumbering a couple months ago.

Will you b e doing an update on the roku channel to re-read the channel list or simply look fo other streams??

XM 23 Grateful Dead channel - - just an old dead-head here that likes to sit in the easy chair and listen instead of tuning on the stereo and soundbridge

ryanxwalton

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Just setup the channel on my Roku a few minutes ago, and I can confirm that my SiriusXM account definitely works on it. Thank God for that! Now I can keep my account!
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.