Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

MikeSp
Topic Author

Please add Spotify

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 am

This is IMHO, tons better than Pandora and would be a VERY positive addition to the feature set of Roku. 8)

Thanks

MikeSp

socantra

Re: Please add Spotify

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 am

Then you and the others who have been requesting a Roku/Spotify channel should encourage the developers to build a Roku channel. It is an open SDK and if they want it on Roku, it is available to them. It is not really necessary to have tons of people use their initial posts to start new threads and make it appear that there is a great demand for the service.

If you build it, they MAY come.

http://www.spotify.com. Oh............... I guess you already know that.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.

LaLa

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mike. I've only just learned about Spotify today and immediately stopped by to see if there were any plans to bring it to Roku. I agree that it's amazing. Just listened to my son's and am waiting for my own invite to hit my inbox.

derekjeterss

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 pm

i too am a convert to spoyify from mog. the one thing however that mog has over spotify is its roku channel. is it possible to add a spotify channel or is there a beta spotify somewhere i can use on the roku. this is not a bribe but i have 8 invites left for free accounts. however i do understand that a premium account (which i happy do have) would be necessary to access content on the roku. any info would be awesome thanks.

destruk

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 am

You need to get permission from Spotify to create a Roku channel to use their content on Roku.

For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that you may not (without limitation):
1. copy, reproduce, “rip”, record, make available to the public or otherwise use any part of the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service or its content (including but not limited to tracks, images and text) in a manner not expressly permitted under this Agreement

Get that and you're well on your way.

hozedhead

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 am

You can listen to Spotify on the SHOUTcast channel. I posted instructions here:
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41237&start=15#p289799
Roku Express 3900RW software v8.10